Voicemail is quite a useful feature on iPhone that allows the caller to send a short voice note in case you are not able to attend the call. However, some users actually don’t find much need for it and like to keep it off. One potential reason to keep this feature off is that some carriers ask for too many additional charges which not everyone feels comfortable paying. On the other hand, if you are traveling to some other country, using the voicemail service can be a lot more costly, so it’s better to keep it off in that case.
However, some carriers don’t allow you to turn off the voicemail feature that easily. But, since we are here to help, we will surely provide you with some methods that you can try out. The methods listed in the article will work on all iPhone devices, whether you are still using an iPhone 6, or have the latest iPhone 13 pro max in your hands, the methods will work for all.
How To Turn Off Voicemail On iPhone
There are three simple ways that you can try to turn off the voicemail feature on your iPhone device.
Using the MMI Code for Deactivating Voicemail
- First of all, open the Phone app on your mobile and dial the code *#61#.
- Once you enter this code, a number should appear on your screen, note it down.
- Then go to Settings, and tap on Phone and go to the Call Forwarding option to turn it on.
- Next up, dial the code #004# and tap on the call button. It will automatically disable the voicemail feature on your phone. Then, simply click on Dismiss to finish the process.
Use No More Voicemail Application
There’s another way to disable the voicemail feature on any iPhone is by using the No More Voicemail application. Instead of disabling the voicemail feature on your iPhone, this application forwards the call to a virtual number that keeps on ringing. This way, it prevents other users from sending you unnecessary voicemails. It’s a great and simple way to tackle voicemails, and the app is quite easy to install and set up also.
- To download the No More Voicemail application, you can visit the App Store and search for it.
- Then, simply install the application on your iPhone like you install any other app.
- Now, open the application, and sign up to continue.
- Once you are done with the setup, it will show you a number on the screen, click on the Copy button to copy the number.
- Go to the Phone app, paste the copied number, and tap on the dial button.
- Afterward, go back to the No More Voicemail application, and complete the confirmation process.
Call the Phone Carrier
If you want to keep things simple, you can just contact your phone carrier and ask them to disable the voicemail feature on your number. However, if you proceed with this method, all your saved greetings and voicemail messages will be deleted from their database, so consider it as a permanent voicemail disabling option.
Depending on the phone carrier that you use, you have to call them on their respective customer support number.
Here are the customer support numbers of some popular phone providers:
- AT&T: 1-800-331-0500
- Sprint: 888-211-4727
- Verizon: 1-800-922-0204
- T-Mobile: 1-877-453-1304
You can dial the number and ask the support person to disable the voicemail feature on your number. They will ask for some basic details and will guide you through the process. In order to re-activate the service, you can contact them on the same number and ask for it.
Click Here To Know How To Change The Voice On Google Translate
How to Turn Off Voicemail Password on iPhone
If you are thinking of disabling the voicemail feature, it’s better to remove the voicemail password feature from your iPhone as well. To do so, there are a few simple and easy steps that you need to follow.
- Firstly, make a call on your mailbox number, and press 1 on the dial pad to enter the password.
- Now, to skip to the Main Menu, press * on the dial pad.
- In the main menu, tap on 4 to access Personal Options.
- Next, tap on 2 on the dial pad to go to Administrative options.
- Now, click on 1 to go to Password options.
- In here, tap on 2 to turn off the voicemail password successfully.
Manually Deactivate the Voicemail
Some mobile carriers such as T-mobile or Verizon provide you with the functionality to turn on or off the voicemail feature on your own, directly from your mobile phone settings. Hence, if you are lucky enough to have such support from your phone carrier, it’s the simplest way to turn off voicemail on your iPhone.
Depending on your phone carrier, you can find the voicemail settings in your phone’s settings. In the case of T-mobile, voicemail settings are usually present in the settings as Visual Voicemail under the Phone section. On the other hand, in the case of Verizon, this setting is usually present in Phone Extras, under the Account Services section.
To find the settings more easily, you can also try to search for voicemail in the Settings app on your iPhone. Once you find the setting, simply click on Deactivate, or disable it, whichever option your phone shows you.
In this post, we have discussed several different ways you can try to disable the voicemail feature on your iPhone. You can try out any of these methods to turn off the voicemail feature. However, if you are not able to do it manually on your iPhone, contacting your phone service provider is the simplest way you can choose. If you think this post might be helpful for any of your family members or friends, don’t forget to share it with them. Moreover, in case you have any doubts or queries to ask, leave down your thoughts in the comments section below.