Just like any other modern smart device, iPhones also offer WiFi connectivity for connecting to the internet whenever needed. In fact, you must already be using WiFi at your home as well as your office for connecting to the internet. Although, if you have been using your WiFi network for quite a long time, you most likely don’t remember its password.
And this can be an issue if you want to connect a new device to your WiFi for accessing the internet. Thankfully, if you have your WiFi password stored in your iPhone, it can still be accessed. Thus, we are here with a full guide on how to find WiFi password on iPhone. It includes multiple methods for the same that you can use to retrieve the WiFi password on your iPhone by the end of this guide.
How to Find a WiFi Password on your iPhone
Whenever you go near a WiFi router or access point which is saved on your iPhone, your phone automatically connects to it so that you can access high-speed internet. This is made possible thanks to the fact that the password of your WiFi is stored in your iPhone. While it is not directly available in the settings due to security reasons, there are still other ways to access the same as mentioned here:
1. Find WiFi Password iPhone with Router Settings
Apart from your iPhone, the WiFi password is also stored in your WiFi router. This means that you can simply access your router settings to check its current password. And even if you are not familiar with networking devices like a WiFi router, accessing your router settings is quite easy. It can be done directly from your iPhone as shown here:
- To begin, go to the WiFi settings on your iPhone and tap on the i icon for your currently connected WiFi network.
- Now, scroll down and note down its router address which will be something like 192.168.1.1 or similar.
- Now, go to any web browser like Safari, and open this address which will allow you to access your router settings directly on your iPhone.
- You can then log in on your WiFi router’s access page and browse through its settings to check the current WiFi password for connecting other devices with ease.
2. Use iCloud Keychain Sync
One of the best things about using iPhones and other Apple devices is that all of your settings are synced across all your devices. This even includes all your accounts as well as WiFi passwords which are securely saved on the iCloud Keychain. It simply stores all these details on the cloud which means that you can easily access anywhere to view iPhone WiFi password as shown here:
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to Keychain settings under the iCloud section and make sure iCloud Keychain is enabled.
- Then, open the Keychain Access program on a Mac notebook or desktop.
- Here, you can use the search option to look up the WiFi network whose WiFi password you want to look up.
- Once you find the WiFi network, you can directly see its password under the Show password option.
3. Using “WiFi Password” in Cydia
Those of you who have a jailbroken iPhone must know that you can do much more on your iPhone using apps like Cydia. This even includes directly accessing protected data like WiFi passwords stored on your iPhone. And this can be done quite easily by installing a Cydia based app on your iPhone as shown here:
- You have to start by launching the Cydia app and using the search option to look up the WiFi Passwords app.
- Now, you can simply install this app on your iPhone and open it.
- Here, you will see a list of all the saved WiFi networks and their respective WiFi passwords stored on your iPhone.
4. Show WiFi Password on iPhone with NetworkList
Apart from the WiFi Password app which is quite simple and basic, you can also find more advanced Cydia apps that not only show the WiFi password but other WiFi network details as well. Thankfully, using such an advanced app is quite similar as shown previously in the WiFi Password app method. If you are still confused, consider going through these instructions:
- Begin by opening Cydia and installing the NetworkList app on your iPhone.
- After that, select the Restart Springboard option inside the NetworkList app.
- Once that is done, go to the WiFi settings on your iPhone where you will see an option for Known Networks which you can use to see the WiFi password of any network of your choice.
5. Use a Password Recovery Software
Since people forget passwords of their networks as well as online accounts of different websites, you can find a lot of password recovery software out there. In fact, some of these can even allow you to find WiFi passwords on your iPhone quite easily. One such great option can be the Tenorshare 4uKey Password Manager which can be used as shown here:
- You first need to download and install the Tenorshare 4uKey Password Manager on your Mac.
- Now, connect your iPhone to your Mac using a lightning cable and click on the Start Scan button inside the password manager program.
- After some time, the Tenorshare 4uKey Password Manager will automatically show you all the saved WiFi Passwords in your iPhone that you can use for connecting other devices to a given WiFi network.
Now that you have been through this guide, you must have a pretty good idea about checking the WiFi passwords saved on your iPhone. This can be quite handy when you have been using a WiFi network for quite a long time and want to connect a new device to the same but do not remember its password anymore.
Since not all methods work for everyone, in this guide on how to find WiFi password on iPhone, we have given multiple methods for the same. If you have gone through all the information regarding how to find WiFi password on iPhone, make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!