Imagine a scenario where you are trying to call someone to tell them something important but they aren’t picking the call. One of the ways to convey your message to them would be to leave a voicemail. It is a digitally recorded message that is used whenever someone does not pick up their phone.
The owner can retrieve these messages whenever they want from their mailbox. With today’s improved technology, you can send a voicemail to someone even without calling them. Are you wondering about how you can do this? This article will explain all the different ways in which you can leave a voicemail to someone without calling them.
- Can You Leave a Voicemail Without Calling?
- How to Leave a Voicemail Without Calling?
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Leaving a Voicemail Without Calling?
- Voicemail Without Calling – FAQs
Can You Leave a Voicemail Without Calling?
Since the technology is pretty advanced in the current times, many things that were impossible earlier, like leaving a voicemail without calling, are now possible. Previously, you could leave a voicemail only when the receiver doesn’t pick your call and the answering machine answers instead. However, now there are several different ways to leave a voicemail without calling that will be explored in the below sections.
How to Leave a Voicemail Without Calling?
You can leave a voicemail without calling in two different ways that have been described in detail below.
1. Using Service Provider
If you want to leave a voicemail to a person who uses the same service provider as you do, then you can use the voicemail service provided by your service provider. The method to leave the voicemail differs from one service provider to the other.
2. Using AT&T
AT&T does allow the service of sending voicemail without calling. To do this, you will need to access your voicemail mailbox in the following way.
- Press and hold ‘1’ to go to your AT&T voicemail mailbox.
- In case you have enabled Autoplay, go to the main menu by pressing ‘*’.
- Send the voice message by pressing ‘2’.
- Immediately after the prompt, record your message and when done, press ‘#’.
- Confirm the number and name by pressing ‘#’ again.
- Again press ‘#’ to send the voicemail.
3. Using T-Mobile
If you are a T-Mobile user, you can send a voicemail to another T-Mobile user without calling them by using the steps given below.
- Go to voicemail by pressing and holding ‘1’.
- Access ‘Send’ by pressing ‘2’.
- Record the voicemail and press ‘1’ to send it.
- You can access the delivery options by pressing ‘4’.
4. Using Verizon
You can send a voicemail on Verizon without calling by calling your voicemail and following the instructions given below.
- Press ‘*86’ and ‘Send’ key to go to your Verizon mailbox.
- Access ‘Send’ by pressing ‘2’.
- Key in the number of the person to whom you wish to send the voicemail and press ‘#’.
- Record the voicemail and press ‘#’ when done.
- Send your message by pressing ‘#’.
- Press ‘0’ to select the delivery options.
5. Using RVM Software
RVM, also referred to as direct-to-voicemail, is a software which helps the users send voicemails with the help of adaptive signaling technology. Through this software, you can drop a voicemail to anybody without having to call them. You can even integrate this software into the phone system used in your business and use it to send voicemails to both smartphones as well as landlines. You can send voicemails using RVM software by following the steps given below.
- Upload a list of your customer’s contacts to the RVM software.
- Also upload the voicemail in the form of an audio message.
- Pick a caller ID number to attach to your voicemail.
- Specify the time and date when you wish to send the voicemail.
6. Using Apps
In case your service provider does not provide the option of sending a voicemail without calling or you simply do not want to send the voicemail through your service provider, you can do so with the help of a third-party app. There are plenty of apps that offer such a service and a few popular ones are listed below along with their function.
This is a great app for leaving a voicemail without calling. However, the premium version of this app is not free. Here is how you can use this app to send a voicemail to anybody without calling them.
- Install and launch the WhatCall app on your phone.
- Key in your phone number and then enter the number sent to you for verification.
- Tap on ‘Contacts’ and select the person who you want to send the voicemail.
- In case that person is not there in your contacts, you can use the ‘Keypad’ option to enter their number and send them a voicemail.
- Whichever number you call, it will go straight to voicemail.
If both the sender and receiver use WhatsApp they can send each other voicemail over WhatsApp without calling in the following way.
- Launch WhatsApp and go to the ‘Chats’ section.
- Select the chat of the person who you want to send the voicemail.
- Tap the microphone on the bottom right corner of the screen and hold it to record the voice message.
- Once you have finished recording your voicemail, you can release the record button to send it.
3. Drop Cowboy
This is an app specifically for iPhone and iPad users. You can send a voicemail from your iPhone or iPad without having to call the receiver using this app in the following way.
- Download and open the app on your iPhone.
- Select the kind of message you wish to send and record your message using your phone’s microphone.
- You can even add a photo if you want.
- Now whenever anyone calls you, they will hear what you recorded instead of your voice.
Although this is a paid app, you can still create custom messages and even leave messages for specific contacts. You can send countless ringless voicemails to your contacts using this app in the following way.
- Install and open the Sly Broadcast app on your phone.
- Pre record your voicemail and pick the recipients from your contact list.
- Schedule the times when you wish the recorded voicemails to be sent.
With Slydial you can skip the conversation and directly send the voicemail to anybody in your contact list. You can even send pre recorded voicemails to up to 10 people. You can use Slydial to send the voicemails using the steps given below.
- Download the Slydial app and open it on your phone.
- Create an account for free.
- Key in the phone number or select the contact who you want to send the voicemail to.
- This will connect your call to Skydial’s access number through which your call to the concerned person will get connected.
- You can then send the voicemail, after which you need to hang up.
The Ringover app comes with a voicemail drop feature through which you can easily send a voicemail to someone without having to call them. You can do this by referring to the steps detailed below.
- Install the Ringover app and open it on your phone.
- Go to ‘Outgoing Calls’ and record the voicemail.
- Now whenever you call someone and it goes to voicemail, the pre recorded message will get sent to them.
7. Call Loop
Call Loop uses the voice drop technology to help users send ringless voicemails to anybody they want. You can even record the voicemail and schedule it to be sent at a specified time and date. You can use the steps given below to send voicemails without calling using the Call Loop app.
- Pre record the voicemail you wish to send and save it.
- Install the Call Loop app on your phone and launch it.
- Go to the ‘Create Your Message’ section.
- Select ‘Ringless Voicemail’ in front of ‘Message Type’.
- Key in the Called ID number where you wish to send the voicemail to.
- From the voicemail message from the drop down menu and tap on ‘Create Broadcast’.
8. Stratics Networks
Stratics Networks is a great app to send ringless voicemails without any hassles. Although this is a paid app, it does provide a 10 day free trial. Use the steps specified below to send voicemail using Stratics Networks.
- After installing the app, launch it on your phone.
- Create an account and buy a plan which suits you the best.
- Pre record your voicemail and then specify who you want to send the voicemail to and how many times before hitting send.
9. Using Voice Memo Feature
The voice memo feature on your phone is a hack through which you can send a voicemail to anyone without having to call them. However, you must know the voicemail number of the person whom you intend to send the voicemail to in order to do this otherwise the voicemail will directly go to their MMS mailbox. You can use the following steps to send a voicemail using the voice memo feature.
- Look for the voice memo app on your smartphone and open it.
- Record your voice memo and store it in the app by specifying the name and location of the file.
- Before sending, listen to the voicemail and then add it to a blank message or send it directly.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Leaving a Voicemail Without Calling?
Although calling for sure is a great way to stay connected with someone, in a business scenario calling each and every person for the same thing regularly is much easier said than done. With voicemails you can save a lot of your precious time and also convey whatever you want to to the concerned person. Basically with voicemails you can get the same end result as that of calling but you will be saving a lot of your time and effort.
With calling you are obligated to have small talk first and then convey the message, however with voicemail you can skip the pleasantries and directly get to the point.
With the great number of apps, you can now even schedule voicemails. This is amazing when it comes to cold calling. All you need to do is record the voicemail beforehand and then schedule it to be sent at a particular time and date.
With calling there will always be a risk of stumbling over your words or getting confused and saying something unwanted. However, with voicemails you can pre record the message and hear it and ensure that it’s perfect before sending it to an important client.
Voicemail Without Calling – FAQs
Ans: You can go straight to someone’s voicemail by using an app like Slydial. This app provides a simple way to skip calling all together and send the voicemail directly. Although it is a free app, it does have a premium subscription plan which removes ads and offers referral bonuses.
Ans: The charges for leaving voicemail without calling completely depends on the method you use. When you use messaging apps or visual voicemail, you will need a stable internet connection and you may incur data charges for the same depending on the carrier plan you use. If you use voice recording apps and voicemail transcription services, you might have to pay for their subscription plans in order to use them.
Ans: The length of the voicemail you can send without calling someone entirely depends on the method you use to send the voicemail. Visual Voicemail generally allows the users to send a longer voicemail in comparison to other messaging platforms.
Ans: To leave a voicemail without calling on an Android phone, you will need to dial the number of the recipient, press 1 to go to voicemail and record the voicemail and end the call to send it.
Ans: This means that the person who you are calling may have set their phone to reject all the incoming calls. This would send you directly to their voicemail without ringing.
Most of the people are unaware that we can send a voicemail to anyone without having to call them. If you wish to avoid talking to someone over the phone and directly send them a voicemail, this article will be useful to you. You can use any of the multiple methods described above to send a voicemail to someone without calling them. This becomes even more useful for businesses. For instance, if you need to cold call a list of people and convey some message to them, you can simply use any of the apps mentioned above to schedule your voicemail to be sent to each of them for how many ever times you want. Some of the methods are free while some of them would require you to pay for a subscription plan, you can choose any based on your requirement.