Netflix is a very popular video-on-demand streaming service. You can watch movies and TV Shows, be it classics, Netflix Originals, or from other studios. Netflix popularized the while “binge” culture. Discord, on the other hand, is a popular text and voice communication platform. Originally, it was meant for gamers but soon other disciplines embraced it. What if we could combine Netflix and Discord? How to Stream Netflix on Discord?
This is an interesting idea as you enjoy a movie or TV Show with your friends who are far away (and also without sharing your Netflix password 😉). So, in this guide, we will see if it is possible to stream Netflix on Discord (either on a computer or on your smartphone).
If so, we will see all the steps you need to follow on how to stream Netflix on Discord.
Benefits of Streaming Netflix on Discord
Discord is a unique social networking platform that lets its users stream gaming content and also enables communication in the form of text or voice.
The main benefit of streaming Netflix on Discord is that you can organize a streaming party with your friends. You can watch a new Netflix Original together even if you are scattered all around the World.
You can use Discord’s voice chat feature to interact with your friends while watching stuff on Netflix. This is the main advantage of streaming Netflix on Discord. You can watch content with your friends and also communicate with them even though you are far away.
Discord has a vast server network all over the World. This means you don’t need to worry about lag or buffer issues. You can enjoy Netflix on Discord without any interruptions.
Also, the data required for streaming Netflix on Discord is very less. You don’t have to worry about consuming all your data allowance, especially if you are on a tight data plan.
Also Check: Is Soap2day Safe to Use
How to Stream Netflix on Discord?
We will clear one thing before we see how to stream Netflix on Discord. When we say “Stream Netflix on Discord”, we aren’t actually steaming but rather sharing the screen.
It becomes “Streaming” only if Discord has an official app for Netflix, where you can log in and stream the content. This is not what we are doing. We are using Discord as a means to share Netflix’s screen over a server.
Now that this is clear, let us see how to “stream” Netflix on Discord. We will see the procedure on a PC as well as a smartphone.
On PC (Windows or Mac)
Discord has official apps for all the major desktop operating systems. Whether you are using Windows, Mac, or Linux, you can download the Discord app and start using it.
- Open the Discord app on your PC. If you are using the browser version of Discord, then you can continue using it but we recommend the standalone application.
- If you don’t have the Discord app on your computer, you can download it for free from Discord’s official website.
- Log in to Discord using your credentials.
- Now, launch your favorite web browser and open Netflix’s home page. Log in to your Netflix account using your credentials.
- Switch to the Discord app. It is now time to join a server. If the server, where you want to stream Netflix, is already present, join that server.
- Alternatively, you can create a new server. This is the preferred method as you add only the friends you want to stream with.
- After creating or joining a server, the next step is to add Netflix as a streaming source on the Discord app.
- To do this, in the Discord app, select “User Settings” from the bottom left. Then select the “Activity Status” option under “Activity Settings”.
- Next, you can see a “Not seeing your game?” option and a “Add it!” button next to it. Click on this button.
- This will show all the background apps running in your system using a drop-down menu. As we are using a web browser to play the Netflix content, we need to select that browser.
- After this, click on the “Add Game” option. Don’t worry. As gaming is the main priority in Discord, all the names are usually associated with gaming.
- Netflix will be highlighted in green with the status “Now playing!”. You can now close the settings by clicking on the “X” (Esc) on the top right.
- You are now ready to Stream Netflix on Discord.
- In the bottom left, you can see the Netflix Web Browser that we just added and a “Stream” button next to it. This looks like a “Monitor” icon. Click on this icon.
- You will get a new popup menu for “Screen Share”. Here, you have to select the web browser with Netflix on it.
- You can further adjust the stream settings such as the Streaming Channel, Quality, Resolution, Frame Rate, etc.
- Once you confirm all the settings, you can click on the “Go Live” button.
- That’s it. Discord is now streaming Netflix. You can switch to the web browser and play any content on Netflix.
- On the left sidebar you can see an “End Call” looking button. Press this button to stop streaming.
Notice what we did to stream Netflix on Discord on a computer. We gave discord the illusion that the Web Browser where Netflix is playing, is a “game” and then started streaming that “game”.
Coming to the smartphone, we will begin with Android Phones and see how to stream Netflix on Discord on an Android Phone.
- Make sure you install the official Discord app and the Netflix app on your Android Phone.
- Open these apps and login to them with respective usernames and passwords.
- Now, switch to the Discord app and choose the Server where you want to stream the content off of Netflix.
- You can see a “Join Voice” button at the bottom. Click on it.
- Next, swipe up from the bottom and select the “Screen Share” option from the list.
- This will share your entire screen over Discord.
- Now, you can switch back to the Netflix app and start playing content (a movie or a TV Show). All the members of the channel can view the content along with you.
- As this is a voice channel, you can also communicate with each other.
Sadly, this is not possible on iPhones. iOS doesn’t allow users either to stream or share their screen from the Discord app. You can use a Windows or Mac machine to stream the Netflix content on Discord.
Problems with Streaming Netflix on Discord
The first issue with streaming Netflix on Discord is that it is. Strictly speaking, not a legal way to share the content. This is not only associated with Netflix but illegal on all major streaming and OTT platforms such as Disney+, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.
Next, there are several users who reported a Black Screen issue. The problem they face is whenever they try to Stream Netflix on Discord, all they get is a Black Screen.
A simple solution to this problem is to disable hardware acceleration on the Web Browser. This trick seems to work for many users. So, if you are also facing this Black Screen while Streaming Netflix on Discord, then try and disable the Web Browser’s Hardware Acceleration and see.
We can make a dedicated guide on how to solve the Black Screen while Streaming Netflix on Discord. Do let us know in the comments if you want that guide.
Netflix is the most popular OTT and video-on-demand service right now. You can watch tons of movies or TV Shows, be it Netflix Originals, from other networks, or even some of the classics.
Discord is the most popular game streaming and chatting application. You can create private servers just for your friends and stream your favorite multiplayer games.
Several users doubted whether they could somehow stream Netflix on Discord so that they can enjoy movies or TV Shows with friends who stay far from them.
In this guide, we saw that it is possible to Stream Netflix on Discord. We saw all the steps on how to Stream Netflix on Discord. First, we saw the procedure for Windows or Mac Computers.
Later we saw the procedure for Android Smartphones. Finally, we pointed out a couple of issues with streaming Netflix on Discord.