Gamers, Streamers, and other Discord users communicate using Discord’s voice and text messaging. There are all sorts of fun things you can do with Discord Bots such as send automated messages, moderate your servers as well as play some music. Yes. That’s right. There are Music Bots for Discord that can play music. What are the popular Music Bots? How to Add Music Bot to Discord?
If these questions are on your mind, then look no further as this guide helps you with Music Bots. We will see what exactly does a Music Bot do. After that, we will take a look at some popular music bots available for Discord. Finally, coming to the main topic of this guide, we will learn how to ass a music bot to Discord.
A Brief Note on Discord
Discord needs no introduction. It is a popular in-game chatting application, where users can chat or talk. Discord allows you to create “Servers”, which act as a private space for a group of friends to communicate.
Even though gamers were the initial target of Discord, it grew much larger than that and spread to other communities as well. Users from arts, music, cooking and many more fields are now very active on Discords, sharing their thoughts and interests with other members.
While Discord Servers act as private spaces, you can further divide them into channels. Text Channels focus on posting messages, sharing images, files, etc.
Voice Channels, on the other hand, are much more engaging as members can make real-time voice or video calls.
When you run a Discord Server, you need all the help to properly manage it. This is where Discord Bots come into play. When we ‘Bots’, they are not actual robots but an interesting piece of software that make the job of managing a Discord very easy.
MEE6 is a popular moderator Discord Bot. When you add this bot to your Server, it can help you with different moderation tasks such as sending welcome messages to new members, checking the chat content for spam or foul language, muting or banning members, and many more.
What are Music Bots?
Music Bots, like other Bots, can help you in managing your Server. In this case, they help you play music while you are playing a game, having a conversation, or just chatting with a friend.
Here is where the separation of text and voice channels is important. You can add Music Bots only to a Voice Channel on your server.
Once you added a Music Bot, it then allows members to listen to the same music. Depending on the Music Bot you chose to install, it can play music from YouTube, Spotify, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, and many other sources.
We made a list of some of the best Music Bots. Check that guide for more information on some popular Music Bots for your Discord Server.
How to Add Music Bot to Discord?
Let us now see how to add Music Bot to Discord.
- Make sure you are logged into Discord and have an Admin role. Only ‘admins’ of the server can add bots to the server.
- Select the Music Bot of your choice and open its website. As an example, we will proceed with FredBoat, which is a popular Music Bot. Here is the link to FredBoat’s website.
- Depending on the Music Bot you chose, you get different options such as “Add to Discord” or “Invite to Server”. All of them are the same. In the case of FredBoat, you can see the “Invite to Server” button right on the homepage. Click on it.
- As soon as you click on this link, you will be redirected to your Discord (either app or webpage). Here, Discord pops up a new window to Add a bot to a server.
- You have the choice to select the server to which you want to add this Music Bot.
- From the drop-down menu, select the right server.
- Then, you need to give permission to this Music Bot. Depending on the Music Bot of your choice, these options might change. Nonetheless, make sure to select the “Administrator” permission.
- You can browse through other permission and set them if you think the Music Bot needs them.
- Once you selected all the permissions, click on the “Authorize” button.
- Sometimes, Discord may throw a captcha for you to solve. Finish the captcha to prove you are not a robot and add a Music Bot.
That’s it. You successfully added a Music Bot to your Discord Server. Each Music Bot has its own set of commands. So, feel free to check the documentation or support pages of the Music Bot to get more info on commands.
Also Check: How To See Deleted Discord Messages?
Discord, while a great platform for private chats and voice communication, has also support to play some tunes. Music Bots allow you to play Music from different sources such as YouTube, Spotify, Soundcloud, etc.
In this guide, we saw the basics of Discord and also how Bots make the life of Server maintainers very easy. We also saw what is a Music Bot.
Finally, we looked at the steps on how to add Music Bot to Discord.