A multimeter is an electronic measuring instrument that combines the various functionalities like voltage, current, and resistance. It is available in analog or digital form. Digital multimeter has LCD screen that reads the decimal points and analog through a scale of numbers in which users may face difficulty in reading the values.
At present high-end versions are available in the market that offers accurate measuring abilities by making the task easier and convenient; whereas traditional multimeters are rarely used.
Electronic enthusiasts or home technicians need a multimeter to check for the power supply before the project is done. Even car owners use it to check for defective batteries. It also allows you to detect faults in electrical systems and find a solution before the situation gets worse.
Our experts have reviewed multimeters kits and shared with you by considering the factors like screen brightness, power utilization, ranges of voltages (mV-V) and currents (mA-A). Have a look at these 15 multimeter kits that are affordable and meets your requirements.
We hope that you find a better multimeter. Enjoy!
Best Digital Multimeter Kit Reviews
Next on our list is the AstroAI digital multimeter. With 6000 True RMS counts, this multimeter has a wide range of measurement functions from voltage, resistance, current, capacitance, continuity, frequency and much more.
Its test slots can hold and help you test the validity of diodes, transistors as well. With its auto-ranging capability, the multimeter, much like most of the units in the list, can measure both the AC current and Voltage as well.
It has a large backlit LCD and can hold onto data. It has no power button and turns on automatically and turns off when is inactive. The hanging magnet and the kickstand are great storage utilities and make the measurement process hasslefree.
Built for professional usage, the multimeter is heavy duty and the built-in F 400mA/600 Volts and F10A/600V explosion-proof ceramic fuse tubes offer better protection and more security and overall reliability.
The multimeter comes with a 3 years warranty from the date of purchase.
- Display: 5 and ¾ inches
- Sampling Rate: 2 times a second
- Automatic and Manual range selection
- Polarity, overload and low battery indication
- 9 Volts power supply battery (included)
- Test Ranges: Temperature, Transistor, Diode, Continuity, External current, Capacitance, Frequency
- 600 mV/6V/60V/600V/1000V DC Voltage ranges
- 600 mV/6V/60V/600V/750V AC Voltage range
- -40°C TO 1370 °C Temperature range (-40°F to 2000°F in Fahrenheit)
- Frequency Range: 0 to 60 MHz
- Multimeter Handset
- Test pair leads
- User manual
- Temperature probe wires
- Carry storage bag
- Detailed and precise in function
- Automatic turn on and shut off
- A good warranty period of 3 years
- None too specific to mention about
INNOVA 3320 is a well-known kit for electricians or home mechanics who can diagnose the car batteries or wiring. Innova Company has been designing multimeters for automation industry over the years. Of all the multimeters, 3320 model is the best digital meter for home and is the reason for listing in the top.
This brilliant kit comes with an inductive clamp and temperature measuring probe so as to check the engine’s condition. To display the measured values (R, V, I), it uses color-coded LEDs and features the high-end LED display. The brightness of the LEDs intimates you about the battery life of the device. It can even measure resistance to a range of 10MΩ.
An instruction manual offers guidance to the users with simple instructions in English and French languages.
- Reasonably priced.
- Innova 3320 is ideal for accurate measuring and safe diagnosing.
- Digital Multimeter is protected with rubber guards at the corners.
- Not recommended for industrial usage.
- It is very sensible to deal with the small electronic components.
Fluke 117 is really worth the money. It is a modern auto-ranging system that can be switched to manual operations easily and has the best-LED screen. For its unique design, it is very comfortable to handle and delivers all the features that you wish from a multimeter.
Though it’s a wonderful toolkit for electricians can also work well for other home applications. It can measure AC/DC voltages and currents with an accuracy of 0.5%. It has automatic voltage selection and detection without making contact with other hardware devices.
- Digital display unit makes easy to note down the readings accurately.
- The compact size of fluke-117 multimeter makes easy to operate with single-handed operations.
- Too expensive.
- It does not come with a holster and you need to buy separately.
The Klein-69149 toolkit is considered as entry level multimeter. When tested it has special features and accuracy is more compared to the fluke model kits. It can measure voltages and currents as high as 1000V & 10Amp.
It is one of the best tools that you can buy for solving electrical problems at home or industries. With this equipment, you can measure the current flowing through power supplier, motors, other electronic equipment and domestic appliances.
- These Klein tools are loaded with new and time-saving features.
- Provide accurate readings for AC/DC voltages, resistance and DC currents.
- It has a thermocouple that makes the car owners check engines performance.
- Screen brightness is not so good.
The Astro digital multimeter was designed safely to unbutton the various domestic and automotive problems. It has many features that can function for measuring resistance, current, and voltages.
Rubber protective grips are mounted at the edge of a multimeter and stand at the back to hold multimeter all the time. It also features overload protection, continuity buzzer, and low battery indicator.
The color coding LEDs allows you to check the batteries lifespan. It has a single setting 10MΩ resistance that functions both AC and DC voltages for home and automotive purposes.
Astro multimeter kit contains the following components:
- AM33D Digital multimeter
- 9V 6F22 battery
- Protective rubber guard
- Test leads (2) and
- User manual
- The sampling rate is 2t/s.
- A user-friendly manual is provided along with the kit to guide you how to handle the multimeter with an ease.
- Cannot test AC currents.
This practical toolkit is a good choice for beginners, engineers, and electricians. With this multimeter, you can also test the working of diode and transistor.
It is a small size portable device for measuring the parameters like resistance, voltage, current and used to assemble, repair and diagnose the circuits.
Specifications of MSR-500 multimeter kit include:
- Resistance up to 200MΩ.
- Maximum of 10Amp Dc current.
- Backlit display
- Hold function
- Manual tuning
- 130*74*36mm size and
- Multimeter weighs 295 grams.
Kits contain the following components:
- Multimeter (MSR-R500)
- Testing Leads (2)
- 9V Battery (Pre-Installed) and
- A user manual
- It also features the overload protection, battery indicator, and buzzer.
- Can display 2/3 readings per second.
- No auto power off mode.
Crenova is an auto-ranging multimeter kit that is widely used in schools, colleges, laboratories and other sources. It is most prominent among all other multimeter devices of various brands. You can also test the respective parameters on a circuit breaker, distribution boards, and industrial equipment.
Auto-ranging multimeter allows you to select the correct measurement range when you deal with various components from electronics to electrical sources.
This wonderful device can switch to other functions for performing specific tasks like measuring the readings of resistance, voltage, and current on display unit.
Parameters to be considered while using multimeters are:
- DC voltage is 200mV-600V
- AC voltage is 2-600V
- DC current is 200μA-200mA
- AC current is 200μA-10A
- Resistance values are 200Ω-20MΩ
- Frequency is 20kHz
- 9V of power supply
- Perfect to grab with an affordable price.
- It is a portable multimeter that measures the readings accurately.
- Display screen makes easy to read and select the desired results.
- Uses PTC protection circuit for resistance and frequency measurement.
- Batteries are included in the kit.
- A user manual is inappropriate.
Fluke 116 is one of the best and highly specialized multimeters that are widely used at the moment. It features the temperature probe, flame sensors and microampere measurement tools for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) factors.
It has everything that can be used to measure the parameters like voltage, current, and resistance. Size of the fluke multimeter kit is small but delivers high output performance.
Low input impedance features the reduction of false readings caused by distortions. You can power the multimeter through a single standard AA battery.
- Automatically detects whether the signal is AC or DC and accordingly selects the function, range and displays the information.
- White LED backlight to work in poor light areas.
- The accuracy of fluke-116/62 multimeter kit is 5%.
- Too expensive.
If you are a DIY aspirant or project designer you definitely need this multimeter kit to test current and voltage passing through a particular circuit. Although it is not suitable for professionals, perfect for DIYers due to versatile nature, basic functionality, and ease of use.
It is quite different from other multimeter kits provided in the list. The digital multimeter kit contains the following components:
- Socket tester
- AM-multimeter and
- Non-contact voltage stick.
Specifications are as follows:
- AC voltage is 200-250V
- DC voltage is 200mV-250V
- DC current is 200uA-200mA
- Power supply of 2*1.5V batteries
- 110-125V of operating voltage
- Operates even at an altitude of 2000 meters
- Resistance is 20Ω-2MΩ
- Checks the presence of voltages in switches, extension boards, and light fixing.
- Features Visual voltage presence alert system.
- Can detect 5 different wiring faults.
- It can measure only small voltages of range 250V and currents.
Extech EX505 is an industrial multimeter kit that contains reliable meter and accessories required for testing the industrial equipment. All the components are placed in a soft carrying case that provides protection from being damaged by other sources.
It offers unique designs with specific features and functionalities including:
- Storage case
- Magnetic strap
- EX505- 600V/4000 count waterproof display
- DV25-Dual range AC detector
- TL808-Test lead kit (8-pieces)
- Thermocouple probe and
- Dimensions are 248*203*51mm
- Reliable and affordable price.
- The backlight can stay for 5 seconds.
- It cannot handle high voltages and currents.
This amazing kit ensures the safety first when you start working electronic components.
DM-25 multimeter measures AC & DC voltages (50-1000V), resistance, tests diodes, transistors, and batteries. It also checks the outlet for proper wiring and easily displays the users to note the readings of resistance, voltage, and currents.
It also helps to identify the capacitance, duty cycle, frequencies and temperature values using analog bar graphs.
The voltage detection system will alarm even when there is a minimum voltage.
Greenlee multimeter kit contains:
- Voltage detector
- Carrying case and
- A DM-25 multimeter
- Reasonably priced.
- Easy to handle the multimeter kit.
- A basic electrical kit for limited use only.
Neiko digital multimeter is a portable, general purpose multimeter to test wires, batteries, fuses and other electrical components. It is a very safe tool for repairing domestic and automotive settings.
An LCD screen accurately displays current, voltage and resistance. Black and red test leads help to observe the performance of diodes, fuses, transistors, and wires. This digital multimeter kit component is as follows:
- Automatic battery indicator
- Test Leads
- Connecting probes
- Very cheap.
- Built-in protector keeps the multimeter free-from physical damages.
- An instruction manual is not provided.
A handheld multimeter is mostly used for measuring AC/DC voltages, DC current, resistance, capacitance, frequency, temperatures and interrupt circuits. It is specially designed to meet the safety standards of multimeter device.
It is a handheld device with multiple functions. Before you start using the multimeter, it is important to read the instructions, warnings carefully.
Here is the list of parameters that you should look into when you make use of multimeters:
- Maximum DC/AC voltage is 600V.
- 600A of AC current.
- 200uF capacitance.
- 0-10MHz frequency
- -20C to 1000°C temperature
Package contains the following features:
- Digital multimeter
- Test Cable (2)
- Batteries (2)
- Portable bag
- LCD display
- Overload protection
- Data hold function
- Hold function
- Low battery indicator
- Auto power off and
- An instruction manual
- Batteries are not required.
- Very economical.
- It does not offer backlight when you operate the multimeter less than 2mA of current.
ESYNIC is a 6000 counts auto or manual ranging digital multimeter kit. It is used to measure AC/DC voltages and currents, diode, continuity, temperatures, frequency, resistance, capacitance and many more.
It is highly reliable and protects the case when it is fully loaded and LCD display for reading the values. Following are the specifications you should consider while dealing with digital multimeter kits:
- DC voltage is 600mV/60V
- AC voltage is 6V/60V
- DC current is 60mA
- AC current is 600mA
- 6000 counts display
- 3T/s of sampling rate
- 1-99% of the duty cycle
- Temperatures range from -20°-1000°C
- Auto or manual range selection
- Resistance 600-60M and
- Capacitance is 10nF-100uF
- The sampling rate is 3t/s.
- Polarity identification and low voltage indication.
- When you stop performing an operation, it automatically switches off and then you can set manually.
- Batteries are not included in the kit.
The large LCD screen helps the users to see data clearly even at night times. It is used to measure DC/AC voltages, DC current, resistance, capacitance, duty cycle, frequency, diode-transistor readings, temperature, and humidity.
Specifications include the following:
- Noise limit is40-100dB / 0.1dB
- Humidity is 20-95%
- Temperature range is-20-1000℃
- Power supply is4*1.5V
- Dimensions are204*94*57mm
- Weighs about370g
- DC Voltage is 400mA-1000V
- AC Voltage is 400mV-750V
- DC Current is 400mA-10A
- AC Current is 400mA-10A
- Resistance 400Ω-40MΩ
- Capacitance is of range40nF-100mF and
- Frequency range is 9Hz-99.99 kHz
Hand-held digital multimeter package includes:
- Digital multimeter
- Test pair leads
- English manual
- Temperature probes and
- Storage bags
- Auto power off function.
- Instruction manual and batteries are not provided.