If you are in the market for a new security camera, then you can find a wide range of options out there. While some brands offer budget options, others offer high performance and premium offerings.
And out of all these options, Ring and Ring cameras are highly popular. In case you want to know more about Ring and Ring cameras, then make sure to check this Ring Camera review. You can find all of the important and major details and specifications of Ring cameras down below to make sure whether this Ring camera is right for you or not.
- About Ring
- Specifications of Ring Cameras
- Ring Camera Options
Before taking a look at any of the various features and options offered by different Ring camera models, you may want to learn more about Ring Cameras in general. This can be quite handy to get a general idea of what Ring offers and what you can expect from its cameras.
While Ring was founded by Jamie Siminoff in 2013, it was acquired by Amazon in 2018. Due to this, Ring cameras offer perfect integration with other Amazon Echo smart products. Ring is also known for its integration with police departments for security reasons. And as you will see later on, Ring cameras also offer a wide range of features and options making them highly versatile.
Pros and Cons of Ring Cameras
One of the easiest ways to check whether a given product is great for you not is to check its pros and cons. Thus, before you go ahead and check the different specifications of Ring cameras, you can consider checking their pros and cons. This can be a great way to get an idea of what you can expect from Ring cameras as it includes the following pros and cons:
Pros of Ring Cameras
- Ring cameras are highly versatile as thanks to their smart features, they offer much more than just surveillance cameras for installing in your home or office.
- Unlike many other security cameras out there, a Ring camera can be used on its own without needing any extra cameras or camera management devices like a DVR.
- In case you want to just try out a Ring camera, then you will be glad to know that you get a 30 day refund policy with it for easily returning it if you don’t like it.
- Since Ring cameras require some DIY installation, you do not need to pay anything for installation charges while installing security cameras in your property.
Cons of Ring Cameras
- Ring cameras are highly integrated within the Ring ecosystem making them compatible primarily with just Ring products.
- The video offered by most Ring cameras has a fisheye view which does not look the best when compared with others.
- If you want to record videos using your Ring cameras, then you will need to pay for a subscription plan which can be quite expensive in the long run.
- Some Ring cameras require a little bit of DIY installation procedures before you can get your Ring cameras working for recording videos.
Specifications of Ring Cameras
While the pros and cons of Ring cameras must have been pretty good to get a good general idea of these security cameras, you will most likely want to know more in detail before buying one. Hence, make sure to check the following specifications offered by most Ring cameras:
1. Video Quality
Whenever you are buying a security camera, you would want to have a high quality camera. This ensures that you can clearly see everything in your recordings. Because of this, all Ring cameras offer a video resolution of full HD which is quite good. In fact, Ring cameras also offer night vision so that you get the same video quality even at night.
2. Motion Sensor and Notifications
Unlike a standard security camera, Ring cameras are smart and offer features accordingly. One of the best smart features offered by Ring cameras is that you get motion sensors in it. This allows it to detect any intruders and turn on its sirens and send a notification on your smartphone as well. These motion sensors also record video of any intruders and save it separately for easy access.
3. Two Way Communication
If you are installing your Ring security camera next to your front door, then you will be glad to know that you can even talk to people at your door using your Ring camera. This is made possible thanks to the two way communication offered by them which allows you to talk with others via the Ring smartphone app.
The installation process of most Ring cameras is quite easy since they can be placed on a surface or installed on the wall as you like. This installation process becomes even easier if you are going with battery powered Ring cameras. Although, if you have a hardwired Ring camera, then you might not be able to install it on your own.
As you would expect, pricing of your Ring camera depends on the camera model that you are going for. While buying a Ring camera you are going for, you can find various models ranging from $99 to $249 for the camera itself. And considering that these cameras may require a subscription as you will see down below, Ring cameras are not cheap at all.
6. Home Automation
If you are planning to build a smart home with home automation products, then Ring Cameras are perfect for it. These cameras work perfectly with most smart assistants like Amazon Echo. It can even work along with most other smart home products for making a great ecosystem of home automation products.
7. Security Plans
One of the biggest issues with Ring cameras is that they may or may not require a security plan subscription depending on the features that you want from it. It primarily includes the following security plans that you can go for while using a Ring camera:
- Using for Free: If you want a Ring camera for basic usage, then you use your Ring camera for completely free. With the free security plan, you do not get any recording functions. Even the monitoring function only works via the notification since you cannot look at the live footage without the notification.
- Ring Protect Plan: By going with the Ring Protect plan for $3 a month, you get the ability to record videos as well as share with others.
- Ring Protect Plus Plan: While this plan is a bit expensive at $10 per month, you get various smart features. It offers various monitoring options along with a support team from Ring that you can contact whenever you want. Ring also offers alarm and emergency services options with this plan making it much more versatile.
Ring Camera Options
Apart from checking the general specifications offered by Ring cameras, you may also want to know more about specific models. But because there are various Ring cameras available out there, we have given some of the most popular Ring camera options available out there in this review:
1. Ring Stick Up Camera
The Ring Stick Up camera is one of the best options for both indoor and outdoor usage. You can either place it on top of a surface or install it on a wall as you like. While buying the Ring Stick Up camera, you can buy the micro USB, ethernet, or the solar-powered option as you like. Coming to its video quality, it records full HD video along with night vision support. This Ring security camera also offers smart features like two-way communication and motion sensor.
2. Ring Spotlight Camera
Unlike the Ring Stick Up camera, the Ring Spotlight camera is made for outdoors usage. This is due to the reason that it combines a security camera along with LED lights which function as an outdoors spotlight. It also comes with a siren which goes great along with its motion sensor. Since you get night vision along with a resolution of full HD, the video quality of this camera is quite good. It also features multiple power options while you are buying this camera which includes hardwiring, plug-in, battery power, and solar power options for this security camera.
3. Ring Floodlight Camera
You can also consider the Ring Floodlight camera if you want an outdoors security camera which offers even more powerful floodlights for lighting up a large area outside your home or wall. Since it uses more powerful lights, it can only be hardwired for its power requirements. Just like other Ring cameras, this one also offers two-way communication, a siren, motion sensor, and most importantly a full HD camera that has inbuilt night vision.
Once you have been through this complete Ring camera review, you must know almost everything about Ring Cameras and what all they offer to the user. We have discussed Ring Cameras in general, its pros and cons, its specifications, Ring camera options, and much more in this review. And by going through all these details, it must be quite easy to easily decide whether Ring cameras are worth it or not. If you have gone through the complete Ring Camera review given above, make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!