Ring offers some of the best security appliances in the country. Popular among them is the Ring Doorbell. It is a Wi-Fi doorbell that lets you see and talk to your visitors from your smartphone regardless of your location. It is a fantastic device with a lot of features, but it requires the internet for full functionality.
However, there might come situations where you have to change the Wi-Fi settings on your camera. For example, you might have moved to a new place or changed your router. As a result, it is important to know how to change the Wi-Fi settings in the Doorbell. Read on to find out more.
- How To Change Wifi On Ring Doorbell
- Ring Doorbell Set-up Mode
- Changing the Ring Doorbell Password
- Choosing the Ring Doorbell Wi-fi Frequency
- How to Prevent Changing The Ring Doorbell WiFi Network
- Why Change Wi-fi On The Ring Doorbell?
How To Change Wifi On Ring Doorbell
- First of all, launch The Ring Application
- Tap On The Three Lines Icon from the upper left corner.
- Click on the Devices option.
- Choose Your Ring Doorbell model.
- Choose the “Device Health.” option.
- Select the “Change Wi-fi Network.” option.
- Head To The Doorbell location.
- Do as per the On-screen Instructions To Put Your device In the Set-up Mode.
- Select the Desired Wi-fi connection.
- Type in The Network Password hit on the “Continue.” button.
Ring Doorbell Set-up Mode
To change the Wi-Fi connection, you need to put the device in set-up mode. However, this procedure is not the same in all the devices.
Ring Video Doorbell-Remove the doorbell from the bracket and then tap the orange button at the rear section of the doorbell.
Ring Doorbell 2, 3, 3 Plus, And Elite-Remove the faceplate and tap on the black button in the front section of the doorbell.
Ring Doorbell Pro-Tap on the button in the right side of the doorbell.
Changing the Ring Doorbell Password
- Launch the Ring app and tap on the three-line button in the upper left section of the screen.
- Choose the Account option and select New Password.
- Type in your current password in the box.
- Now, type in the new password and then confirm it.
- Thus, you have changed the password for your Ring Doorbell.
Also, kindly note that the password must be of a minimum of 8 characters in length and should have numbers and special characters in addition to letters.
Choosing the Ring Doorbell Wi-fi Frequency
Wi-Fi routers usually have two different frequencies-2.4 and 5 GHz, respectively. The 2.4 GHz frequency has a better range, but it is slower compared to the 5 GHz one. Also, it is important to note which frequency your doorbell is compatible with. Some versions are only compatible with one particular frequency. If you have a Dual-band Wi-Fi router, then you can opt for the frequency you desire. For a fast connection, choose the 5 GHz frequency.
How to Prevent Changing The Ring Doorbell WiFi Network
Changing the Wi-Fi network might be required in certain cases, but it is best to avoid changing the credentials like the password.
Getting a New WiFi Router
If you have got a new Wi-Fi router, then it is best to use your old password and SSID with it. As a result, your device will get connected to the Wi-Fi automatically. If you opt to change the name and password, then you might have to tinker with the Wi-Fi settings on these devices.
Avoid Changing from WPA to WPS Security
It is best to avoid changing the security type from WPA2 to WPS. This is because WPS offers poor protection to the WiFi, and if you change the security type, then you will also have to change the WiFi on your Doorbell.
We also recommend that you buy the Ring chime Pro. It is basically a Wi-Fi extender, and it plays a chime sound whenever the doorbell rings. It is also very easy to connect as well.
Why Change Wi-fi On The Ring Doorbell?
In case you change your Internet Service Provider or modify the WiFi name or password, you will need to change the WiFi on the Ring application. Also, sometimes when the connection is erratic, you would need to manually connect the device to the Wi-Fi network.
Moreover, if you need to make use of the mobile hotspot due to a power outage, then also you will have to change the Wi-Fi connection.
We hope you enjoyed this walkthrough about changing the Wi-Fi on your Ring Doorbell. The process is fairly easy and one that a Ring owner ought to know. For any queries regarding the content, do write to us.