Since our childhood toys played an important role in shaping our lives. They kept us entertained, helped to develop our cognitive functions, motor skills. So, if you want to purchase a toy for your baby boy or girl, you need to be sure regarding the quality of the toy.
One of the most popular type of toys are the dog toys. You can find the soft and cuddly ones in the stores but these days with the advancement of technology robot dog toys are available in the stores. These toys are amazing, a proper replacement for actual pet dogs. The almost act like the real ones and using the advance sound and visual modifications they are designed to sound and feel like real puppies.
But different manufacturers are designing them and a lot of varieties are available on the market and online shops. So, it would be quite hard for you to get the best robot puppy for your kid as there are a lot factors you need to consider like the price, quality, sound, movements and even the popularity of the manufacturer. So, there is a detailed buying guide on the factors you should look for while buying it on this article.
Also, in order to reduce the burden of searching and looking for the dog toy we have compiled a list of 10 best companion robot dog toys for you. They are detailed and listed below.
Top 10 Best Robot Dog Toys
Top 10 Best Robot Dog Toys Reviews in 2020
This is called the Golden Pup, designed by Hasbro, it’s one of the best companion pet toys available on the market. It has a very simple but attractive design with a fur that looks and feels real. It also features heartbeat, the most realistic bark and life like responses. This is an amazing interactive puppy designed for comfort and convenience. According to us, this is the best interactive puppy in this list which deserved to be on the first place.
- The advanced BarkBack tech was used to makes it sound so real.
- Touch sensitive, responds to your touches accordingly like a real puppy.
- The soft and quality fur and the real-life design makes it very comfy and attractive.
- It runs on 4 C batteries which are included in the package.
- The fur quality is not so good.
- Battery runs out pretty quickly.
This interactive dog toy provides rich real pet like experience. This toy is engaging, exciting and creates a life-long bond with the kids. You use the leash controller to take her for a walk, you can even pet and talk to her. She responds to your voice and the movements are life-like. This Get Up&GoGo puppy is designed by FurReal and it is one of the best looking interactive robot puppy we have seen; and thus currently it is holding the 2nd position on our list.
- A very attractive robot puppy, perfect for kids.
- Comes with a remote control leash, you can take it to walk. Feels like a real pet.
- If you pet it, it sits down.
- Covered with soft fur which is very life-like.
- Sounds just like a real puppy.
- Does not have a wrist band or a remote.
- Bit over-priced.
The cuteness and functionality of this robot dog has attracted a number of customers, including us. This is the 3rd toy robot on our list and it is quite attractive. The big cute eyes of robot puppy Harry attract kids. It is a portable battery operated toy. Very durable and capable of interacting with its owner in a fun lovable way. Although the sounds are a bit below par, it makes it up with its functionalities.
- This robot dog works on most of the surfaces.
- It is equipped with Bump n Go feature.
- The robot dog harry runs on 3AA batteries.
- The sensors are touch sensitive and they are very responsive.
- The tuff plastic case provides it an extremely long life time and much wanted durability.
- Robot Harry is a bit on the expensive side.
- The sound it makes are not good at all.
This toy robot is equipped with advanced technology and its superior design made us put it in the 4th position on your list. WowWee is a famed company known for their toy robots and Chip is their trademark product.
The design is quite different than other robot dogs, they completely threw away the idea of making it looking life-like, instead they gave it a futuristic robo-like look which is adored by kids. A remote control and an intruder alert are also added. If Chip sensed an intruder, its eyes turn red immediately and tell to stay away.
- Chip is equipped with advanced technology.
- The design is baby proof.
- Very durable.
- Addition of the intruder alert is great.
- A remote is added to control is from a distance.
- The toy has attached wheel under its 4 legs, the wheel makes constant noise which is very annoying.
The Chihuahua is a very popular breed of puppies and Westminster went straight for it. It is one of the best looking cuddly robot dog for your kids. The inside is made of plastic but the outside is coated with good quality fur that is almost life-like, making it best suited for the 5th position on our list.
It acts like a real Chihuahua too. It can move its tail, nod its head and makes cute noises. Very suitable for kids above the age of 4.
- The fur is very soft and realistic.
- Suitable for kids above the age of 4.
- Movements are very real.
- It can nod, walk and even move its tail.
- If your kid is older then, this puppy will be too small for them.
The 6th position is taken by Rollie. It may not be so technologically advance but it is the cutest puppy you will ever find. It has the most amazing look, the fur is soft and it is super huggable making it one of the best choices for you.
It can kiss, cuddle and move just like a real puppy. It also makes cute puppy sounds.
- It’s cute and cuddly.
- The most huggable puppy ever.
- It licks and kiss and it is very adorable.
- It can also wag its tail and makes realistic movements.
- The build quality is not so good.
The 7th position is taken by the robot dog manufactured by fisca. It is an amazing intelligent and programmable robot dog that interacts with you if you just pat its head. It is great for children and its 4 dance number with music makes it so cute and attractable to our kids.
It has a very smooth and shiny surface and a power saving mode designed to preserve energy.
- The setup is very easy.
- It can dance with music, walking movement is also available.
- Remotely controllable. The remote control and its batteries are included.
- After charging it can play for an hour.
- Charging takes too long.
This is the smart puppy designed by Contixo. It is responsive to voice and even touch and it also comes with an app. The app control is amazing and it is integrated with quality Bluetooth speakers.
A rhythm feature is also added which makes the one of the best robotic puppies and 8th best choice on our list.
- It has a futuristic robot type look.
- If you just rub its chin, it will react.
- It is also susceptible to voice commands.
- An infrared motion sensor is also added.
- The app controlled features are amazing.
- The operation is just too complicated for the kids.
The playful pup by Zoomer is an ideal friend for your child. It responds to your voice and capable of learning new tricks. It has a smooth robotic body but it has pair of cute fur coated ears and a fur coated tail. This pet robot is very adorable and responds to your touch and it deserves to be at the 9th position on your list.
Needless to say, this puppy is very interactive and engaging. It will keep your kid busy for a long period of time. It barks and movements are excellent too.
- The design is outstanding and different.
- Responsive if you touch it.
- It learn ticks like “Puppy Sit” or “Lie Down”.
- It barks and begs.
- The use is too complicated.
- Not very durable.
The Dimple’s wireless toy robot is very responsive to voice commands. This hi-tech interactive puppy has a sleek design and with the help of the provided remote control you can operate this puppy even from 50 meter distances. This futuristic looking robot puppy is the last product on our list due to its conveniently accessible nature.
It has an interesting design, the eyes are equipped with large LED lights which can turn into screen and display alphabets. Basically, this robot toy helps to educate your kid.
- It comes with a rechargeable battery.
- It can sing, 4 cute songs are included.
- It is designed with BPA free plastic.
- Comes with a remote control which can be used from 50 meter distance; very convenient.
- There are no additional features.
- Not very engaging.
Robot Dog Toys Buying Guide
After all you got an exclusive insight into our selection of the 10 best robot pet puppies. But it is still not enough for you to purchase the best robot pet within your price range. If you are getting a robot dog for your kid you have to learn about a few attributes in order to choose the right one. Learn about the attributes in details, below;
Type of Robot Toys
First, you need to decide which type of robot dog you want to get for your kid. These toys come in different sizes and different looking ones are also available. So, you need to select the one that your kid will really love to play with, if you have a toddler then you must buy a small one, it will be easier to manage. The bigger and bulkier toys are suitable for older kids. But finally, you need to check the design. It needs to be attractive or your kid won’t like it.
These are not just toys, the advancement and technologies are also related to it. So, you also have to think about the technology used on the toy too. Generally, most of such toys look similar but the technology used inside is completely different. So, you need to remember these things while you are buying these toys. Thoroughly check the toy, see if can move around properly, the sound it makes and even the additional features. Then, get the one that shows maximum promise.
Just remember that you are getting this toy for your little kid; so, it has to face a tremendous amount of abuse. They can throw it or smack it on the floor and even bite it. So, there is a big chance that it will get destroyed pretty soon but if you want to get value for your money you need to choose a model that is capable of withstanding the abuse a bit longer. You have to makes sure that material used on it are the best and there are a lot of movable parts; so, they need to be unbreakable and can take up wear and tear.
The safety is obviously important! They are definitely fun to play with but you also have to remember that you are going to give it to your little kid and these are electronic products. There are obviously the Chocking hazards! So, look for things that can cause it while buying it, also check the material of the fur, if it is cheap it can cause irritation or even rashes. Lastly, check the batteries as they need to be in a safe place in order to prevent accidents.
Toys are important and they are one of the most essential parts of your kid’s life. Hopefully, after going through this article you won’t have any problems to purchase the best interactive dog toy for your kid that fits perfectly within your price range. You can simply choose any one from the mentioned list or use the buying guide to make a different choice.
Our personal recommendation is the Ageless Innovation Joy For All Companion Pets Golden Pup. The life-like responses, heartbeat and the close to perfect bark are its USP. It also looks very real when compared to other products here. Given the price and the overall package, it is very hard to beat this product!