Some videos look better when watched in a customized frame rate. An action scene may look more natural and exciting when you watch it at a faster playback speed. But you can’t do that if you do not know how to customize video playback speed on your mobile phone.
So in this article, we will discuss how to customize your video playback speed in some simple steps in your iPhone.
How to Speed Up Your Video In Photos App on Your iPhone
There are instances when you download a video on your phone and realize that the video would have looked more interesting had you watched it at a faster speed. So next time whenever you want to increase the video speed, follow the steps listed below.
- Open Photos application on your iPhone.
- Click on the Albums available on the top.
- Scroll down and select the video you want to speed up.
- Tap on video to play it, and click on the Edit option.
- You will notice that a ruler will appear at the bottom of the screen with various small lines marked on it.
- In some instances, you will notice that these lines are at a uniform distance, but at other points, these lines are far apart. So the gap between the lines signifies the time taken to change a frame; if you make lines apart, the phone will take more time to shift to another structure.
- So if you want to increase the speed of your video, you must drag those lines closer to ensure that the phone reads frames instantly, whereas you can remove the lines far apart to ensure that the tape moves in slow-mo.
- You can make different changes even to various video sections and then click on Done to save the video.
iMovie is an application on iPhone which allows users to stream movies and download them on their mobile phones. The good thing is that you can also increase the video playback speed in iMovie by following the steps listed below.
- Locate the iMovie application on your mobile phone.
- Open iMovie and then click on Create Project.
- Then click on the Movie option available.
- Further, navigate to the Media option available.
- Then tap on the video and then click on Slo-mo.
- Then tap on the checkmark option available and then click on Create Movie.
- Then you will notice that various editing options will be available at the bottom of the screen.
- Then you need to click on the clock icon and increase the Speed slider to more than 1X, resulting in a faster speed of the video.
- Then you can click on Done to save the video with increased playback speed.
- You can also export the video and then share it.
In this article, we discussed how to speed up videos in iPhone in both the Photos section and while streaming movies on iMovies. This unique feature by iPhone allows users to edit some video sections to make sure that they enjoy video in the best way possible.