Lights are one of the most essential devices that must be installed in your home as well as in the area surrounding your house. You will be needing the outdoor lights for your front gates, walls, front yard, backyard, and near the fenced area. But, in order to illuminate a large area, you will have to install powerful lights which will definitely reflect in your monthly energy bill. You can keep the bills the same as before by investing in solar-powered lights.
A solar-powered dusk to dawn light is a good choice if you want powerful lights without the trouble of wires and electrical connections. Most of these solar lights also offer smart functions such as motion detection and automated enable/disable features based on the time of the day. Other than that, some solar-powered dusk to dawn lights are offered in sets so that you can have multiple units in a pack which will allow you to install identical lights adjacent to each other. While browsing solar-powered dusk to dawn lights, make sure you consider the following aspects.
- Lumens Capacity: Lumens capacity of an LED is basically the rating of brightness levels available with it. The solar-powered dusk to dawn lights consist of multiple arrays of LED lights that contribute to the brightness level of the light. The light with more LEDs will have more lumens capacity and hence, more brightness levels.
- Battery Capacity: Solar energy is certainly very powerful and capable of powering strong appliances. But, the conversion of solar energy to electricity is slow and thus, you have to use a battery with solar panels to compensate for that. The battery capacity of solar-powered dusk to dawn light should be enough to last at least throughout the night for seamless performance.
- Warranty: Warranty is an important aspect of all electronic devices, especially electrical and solar-powered lights. Generally, the warranty period of a solar-powered light will vary from 1 to 3 years depending upon the budget and build quality of the device. Apart from the warranty period, you should also check the factors such as material and IP rating to get an idea about reliability.
If you are also in the market looking for a new set of powerful solar-powered lights, you have come to the right place. Here, we have the best options for solar-powered dusk to dawn lights available for you. We will be guiding you through each of our choices with detailed specifications and reviews so that you can make a good choice under your budget. You can check our “Buying Guide” for more information.
- Best Solar-Powered Dusk To Dawn Lights Table
- Best Solar-Powered Dusk To Dawn Lights Reviews
- 1. JACKYLED Solar Lights Dusk to Dawn
- 2. PASAMIC Solar Panels Light Dusk to Dawn
- 3. Awanber Solar-Powered LightsDusk to Dawn
- 4. ENGREPO 80W Solar Street Lights Dusk to Dawn
- 5. LOVUS 2 Pack Solar Lights Dusk to Dawn
- 6. EMANER Motion Sensor Solar Light Dusk to Dawn
- 7. LOVUS Solar Street Light Dusk to Dawn
- 8. Anzid Solar Street Lights Outdoor Dusk to Dawn
- Buying Guide For The Best Solar-Powered Dusk To Dawn Lights
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Solar-Powered Dusk To Dawn Lights Table
|Solar-Powered Dusk Dawn Lights
|JACKYLED Solar Lights Dusk to Dawn
|Check On Amazon
|PASAMIC Solar Panels Light Dusk to Dawn
|Check On Amazon
|Awanber Solar-Powered LightsDusk to Dawn
|Check On Amazon
|ENGREPO Solar Street Lights Dusk to Dawn
|Check On Amazon
|LOVUS 2 Pack Solar Lights Dusk to Dawn
|Check On Amazon
|EMANER Motion Sensor Solar Light Dusk to Dawn
|Check On Amazon
|LOVUS Solar Street Light Dusk to Dawn
|Check On Amazon
|AnzidSolar Street Lights Outdoor Dusk to Dawn
|Check On Amazon
Best Solar-Powered Dusk To Dawn Lights Reviews
We will begin our list of the best solar-powered dusk to dawn lights with one of the most powerful options on our list. The following unit is designed by JACKYLED which is famous for similar high-end products.
In the 1st place, we have the JACKYLED Solar Light. It is solar-powered dusk to dawn light that houses 48 LEDs to offer nearly 1000 lumens of brightness. There is a 5500 mAh built-in battery on this unit which offers almost 12 hours of backup which is pretty good. There is also 5.5 volts 3.5 watts solar panel included with the light that is capable of charging the battery at a faster rate.
Once turned on, the JACKYLED Solar Lights will offer up to 120 degrees coverage angle which covers a lot of area given that there is 1000 lumens brightness. It is a very durable light with an IP65 weatherproof rating available on the ABS and PC made outer body. The installation is particularly easy with this device as you can install it by 2 methods. You can either select the integrated method to avoid wiring issues or a separate method to install the solar panel at a distant place for better power generation.
- 1000 lumens brightness level
- Powered by 5500 mAh battery
- 1 year warranty period
- 48 LED lights are installed
- 5 volts and 3.5 watts solar panel included
- Solar panel charges the battery very fast
- Up to 12 hours of backup
- 120 degrees coverage area
- Only a single light included in the package
While we are talking about popular options, let us introduce you to yet another popular option for solar-powered lights. The best part about the lights designed by PASAMIC is that you will get 2 lights in the set.
In the 2nd place, we are placing the PASAMIC Solar Wall Lanterns which are quite similar to some of the low profile dusk to dawn solar-powered lights in the market. But, this is a set of 2 lights powered by 4 panels provided on each light. These are comparatively low-powered lights and will serve as more of a decorative option for doorways and gates. It illuminates the surrounding area with a 3000K temperature light and about 20 lumens of brightness.
Even with such low powered light, PASAMIC Solar Wall Lanterns have included a 2000 mAh battery capacity. Hence, it gets fully recharged within 6 to 8 hours in the day and offers 8 to 12 hours of backup which is quite longer than the dusk to dawn period in many regions. With the aluminum and tempered glass, you will find excellent build quality on these lights along with IP44 weather protection.
- 20 lumens brightness level
- Powered by 2000 mAh battery
- Requires 5 to 6 hours for a full charge
- Offers 8 to 12 hours of backup
- Set of 2 lights
- Attractive design for a solar-powered light
- Automatic on/off function
- A great choice for a decorative option
- Brightness levels are pretty low
One of the most important factors for a solar-powered outdoor light is the coverage area. Hence, we are putting the unit made by Awanber next on our list.
In the 3rd position, we have the Awanber solar-powered outdoor light. It consists of 30 LEDs arranged in an array formation to offer about 400 lumens of output which is pretty good for the given size and price range. Also, it is backed by a 4400 mAh battery which promises about 18 hours of battery backup within a charging period of about 6.5 hours. It is possible with the help of a 5.5 volts 640 mAh solar panel included with the light.
As for the reliability, it is a pretty good option as you will be getting an IP65 rating on the device. Another important thing to notice on the Awanber solar-powered outdoor light is the 350 degrees adjustable design which allows you to manage the coverage area easily. You will be able to install this light in the pathway, garage, garden, balcony, and any other location with ease due to the adjustment options.
- 400 lumens brightness level
- Powered by 4400 mAh battery
- Up to 18 hours of backup time
- 5 volts 640 mAh solar panel
- 350 degrees adjustment option
- Coverage area can be adjusted
- Strong battery backup
- IP65 water resistance
- Comparatively smaller light
ENGREPO has yet another moderately powered solar light available for you which makes up for its investment. It is quite cheap compared to many other options with a great set of features.
Unlike most solar-powered dusk to dawn lights, the ENGREPO Solar Light is designed with an elongated shell which makes it look like a street light. Due to the added length, ENGREPO managed to install 84 LEDs on the device. Therefore, ENGREPO Solar Light is capable of producing 600 lumens of light with just 80 watts of power consumption. There is also a smart control chip installed on the ENGREPO Solar Light that automatically adjusts the brightness level based on the available battery percentage.
You can also control the ENGREPO Solar Light via the included remote that has multiple options such as on/off and automatic switch. You will be able to use the remote even from 33 feet away which further improves the accessibility to the device. With the high-quality illumination of the ENGREPO Solar Light, you will be able to cover about 1500 square feet area which is pretty good for a budget-focused option. It also houses a 6000 mAh battery which keeps it active for about 15 hours of continuous backup.
- 600 lumens brightness level
- Powered by 6000 mAh battery
- IP67 water resistance
- 80 watts power rating
- 1500 square feet coverage area
- Remote access is provided
- Up to 15 hours of backup
- Battery capacity is pretty good
- The design could have been better
LOVUS offers many high-powered choices and it is one of the few brands in the market that has actually decent variants for powerful solar-powered lights. Hence, we are including one more option from LOVUS.
If you are looking for a bit lesser-powered solar light, LOVUS has got you covered. Here, we have one more option from LOVUS which is a bit dimmer in comparison, but pretty good for its price. This LOVUS LED Solar Street Light offers 4000 lumens of output generated by 2 high-power LED lights. As the power rating is slightly decreased, LOVUS has decreased the battery capacity to 15000 mAh, which is still much better than many other choices. This battery can be fully charged within 4 to 6 hours for nearly 18 to 20 hours of backup.
The LOVUS LED Solar Street Light also has the smart motion sensor technology as our previous choice which detects the motion under the light and manages the brightness levels by itself. Apart from that, it turns the light off as soon as natural light is detected. The LOVUS LED Solar Street Light has IP65 weatherproof rating and is able to withstand strong weather conditions with ease. LOVUS is using the LiFePO4 lithium battery on these units so that you get at least 2 years of performance from the batteries.
- 4000 lumens brightness level
- Powered by 15000 mAh battery
- 1 year warranty period
- LiFePO4 lithium battery
- Battery charges within 4 to 6 hours
- Great brightness levels
- Fast charging and motion sensor technology
- Reliable battery
- Expensive compared to other options
Here, we have one more moderately powered solar light for you, made by EMANER. While this unit hasn’t made as many sales as our previous picks, you will find it great for versatile applications as it is a set of 2 lights.
Instead of offering a compact coverage area within a single unit, the EMANER Motion Sensor Solar Light is divided into 2 different lights for a more extended coverage area. It is a smart light as it offers a motion detection feature. You can keep the light operational at 50% power at all times and it will automatically increase the brightness to 100% when motion is detected. It generates about 500 lumens of light via 40 LEDs included on both lights combined.
The installation of the Motion Sensor Solar Light is very easy as it comes pre-installed on a fixture that you will have to fixate on a position. Thus, the lights have multiple degrees of freedom and can be adjusted easily. It is powered by a 18650 lithium battery having a 4500 mAh power capacity. This battery offers nearly 8 hours of backup. And to get enough charge for this performance, it only requires 4 to 6 hours of charging period.
- 500 lumens brightness level
- Powered by 4500 mAh battery
- 1 year warranty period
- Motion sensor included
- Set of 2 lights
- Smart motion detection and brightness control feature
- Short charging period
- Easy to install with the fixture
- Battery backup might not be sufficient in cold weather
solar-powered street lights, as the name suggests, are suitable for street installation. Thus, the units such as the one designed by LOVUS have a very powerful set of LEDs for great illumination levels.
Entering the premium category of solar-powered dusk to dawn lights, we have the highly powerful LOVUS LED Solar Street Light. It is rated at 120 watts which is higher than most other options mentioned so far. But with such high power capacity, it is capable of providing about 6000 lumens of brightness levels which is quite high. To compensate for such a high power level, there is a 20000 mAh battery installed on the LOVUS LED Solar Street Light which offers 18 to 20 hours of backup. Kindly note that such high power is generated only with 3 highly powerful LEDs on the device.
The LOVUS LED Solar Street Light can be installed directly on the streets without worrying about the problems caused by dust or water as it is safe from such calamities. To ensure that, it also offers an IP65 waterproof rating given by the manufacturer. Once installed, the LOVUS LED Solar Street Light covers about 180 degrees coverage area which stretches up to 1610 sq. ft around the light. You can also use the light at a 30% brightness level to save power.
- 6000 lumens brightness level
- Powered by 20000 mAh battery
- 1 year warranty period
- Motion sensor technology
- 18 to 20 hours of backup
- One of the brightest solar-powered light
- Great battery capacity
- Charging only takes 6 to 8 hours
- Not suitable for basic applications
The 350W Solar Street Light is a powerful and energy-efficient lighting solution for your outdoor spaces. It has 400 LEDs, giving off 18000LM of bright white light. It keeps your surroundings safe and secure. The light turns on only when it senses movement, saving energy.
Installing the Street Light is easy with the included metal bracket and accessories. Its IP66 waterproof rating guarantees durability even in harsh weather conditions.
This solar light has transformed my outdoor space, making it brighter and more secure. I feel secure knowing that the light automatically turns on when it’s needed, thanks to the motion sensor feature. Plus, it’s energy-efficient, helping me save on electricity costs.
If you need a bright and simple outdoor lighting option, the Solar Street Light is perfect for you. It’s easy to install and won’t cost you much. It enhances security, saves energy, and withstands various weather conditions.
- 18000 lumens output per watt power
- Powered by 20000 mAh battery
- The built-in sensor detects movement
- This light is eco-friendly, reducing your carbon footprint.
- Highly powerful solar street light
- It consists of 400 LED lights
- Solar Street Light for dependable illumination, ensuring safety and visibility outdoors
- Limited Performance on Cloudy Days
Buying Guide For The Best Solar-Powered Dusk To Dawn Lights
Buying a regular light itself is quite an intricate process as you have to consider many factors such as the size of the light, coverage area, brightness level, power consumption, and so on. You will have to check all of these factors while checking out solar-powered dusk to dawn light along with a few additional factors such as the capacity of the solar panel, battery capacity, connectivity options, and so on.
Generally, the solar-powered dusk to dawn lights are a great alternative for outdoor lights as they offer wireless installation along with smart features. If you want to know more about solar-powered dusk to dawn lights, check out our buying guide for these lights given here.
1. Lumens Rating
One of the most common factors for any type of light is its lumens rating. It is basically a representation of how much illumination should be expected from the light. Brighter lights usually have very high lumens capacity. But, they also require equally high power to operate. But, as solar-powered dusk to dawn lights work with LED lights, you need not worry about the power consumption as the power consumption for these lights is comparatively lower.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the lumen capacity is basically the peak power available with the unit and you will not always have the peak performance from the lights. There are many factors such as low battery level and inefficient performance of the solar panel that can affect the lumens of light generated by the solar-powered light. You should carefully check this rating and pick up the option that is neither too bright nor too dull for your application.
2. Battery Capacity
solar-powered dusk to dawn lights are powered by solar energy which is available everywhere in the world. But, even though solar energy is theoretically infinite, you still need to convert the energy into electrical energy in order to power electronic devices.
The conversion is done by a solar panel which stores the electrical energy into a battery which further powers the light. Thus, the included battery plays a very important role in this scenario. If the battery is exhausted, the light will not be operational. And as the battery recharges, the light will consume the saved energy instantly.
This will result in the flickering of the light instead of continuous performance. You can avoid this by purchasing a unit that has a strong battery. The battery capacity is provided in the mAh unit with each of our choices and you can even find out the expected backup time in our reviews.
3. Water Resistance
Electronic devices are often damaged due to moisture contact. The moisture enters the internal circuitry of the unit and causes problems in the circuit which damages the critical parts of the system such as the IC, battery, or even the lights. To prevent that, most devices are designed to prevent moisture contact with the internal parts of the system.
It requires a properly enclosed system with little to no room for leakage and other similar problems. Once the device is ready, it is tested against such problems and given a protection rating based on its performance. This rating is called an IP rating which tells you about the available water resistance and the capacity of the device to withstand damage from environmental factors. You can also check the warranty period alongside the IP rating to get a complete idea about the reliability of the solar-powered dusk to dawn light.
4. Automatic Operation
Power saving becomes an important factor when you are considering products that are powered by solar energy. As solar products generally operate on a battery, you need to make sure that the generated energy is not wasted to get reliable performance from the device. In terms of solar lights, a lot of energy is wasted simply if the user forgets to turn off the lights when not required. It can be prevented by selecting a unit that offers automatic operation.
It offers automated functioning of the device based on the available light in the environment. The solar panel can detect the presence of natural light and enable or disable the lights accordingly. Furthermore, you can even get motion detection on solar-powered dusk to dawn light which turns on the light only when certain suspicious motion is detected. Thus, it becomes an essential feature in case you are running low on battery level and cannot keep the light continuously active throughout the night.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: The performance and reliability of solar-powered dusk to dawn light differ depending upon the brand and overall quality of the unit. Still, you can expect about 3 to 4 years of flawless performance from moderate to premium price range options. To get an idea about the expected lifespan of a unit, simply check the warranty period allotted by the manufacturer.
The warranty period is basically the time frame until which you will have a functional unit, one way or the other. As solar-powered dusk to dawn lights are powered by arrays of LED lights, you shouldn’t worry about the lifespan as these LEDs last a very long time. Besides, most options also offer an official IP rating for assurance against external environmental damage.
Ans: Solar lights have a certain number of LEDs installed in the unit which offer the illumination collectively. Thus, you will have a limited lumen of maximum brightness level available with every unit. While it is not possible to extend the brightness level above the maximum capacity, you might end up with a lowered brightness level due to obstruction of light over solar panels.
You can fix that by clearing the said obstructions and get your solar-powered lights back to their original performance. Sometimes, you will even have to clean the solar panel from the inside as dust and dirt settled on the inside of the panel might reduce the power generation capacity of the panel.
Ans: Lights that are powered by LEDs generally do not require a lot of electricity. Still, you should consider the wattage rating provided with each solar-powered dusk to dawn light to get an idea about its power consumption. As the number of LEDs and lumen capacity of the light increases, the expected power intake also increases. As you are buying a solar-powered unit, you won’t have to worry about the energy bill, but the available battery capacity and backup time possible with the given battery capacity.
If the lumen level and power rating of solar-powered dusk to dawn light are high, you should make sure that it also has sufficient battery capacity to power the unit for at least 6 to 8 hours continuously without any problem.
Decent outdoor lighting allows you to illuminate the area around your house properly so that you can get better visibility even at night. While this helps you to see in the dark, it also reduces the need for a dedicated night vision system on surveillance cameras.
Outdoor lights are important to get the best security around your house. But, if you wish to get the same while keeping your energy bills, take a look at the solar-powered dusk to dawn lights given here. These choices are the best options suitable for various budgets. If you haven’t found the ideal choice for your application, check our recommendations given here.
- We will strongly recommend getting the Anzid Solar Street Lights if you wish to get the best value for your investment. This is the most reliable option you will come across in the market. It operates on 350 watts power capacity and offers nearly 20000 lumens of brightness as Anzid is promising 18000 lumens capacity per watt power consumption. To offer such powerful output, there are 400 LEDs present on the light which illuminates nearly 150 square feet of the area around it.
- The LOVUS LED Solar Street Light is also a powerful option from our picks as it offers 6000 lumens of light output. But, it is capable of providing the same for a very long time as it is backed by a 20000 mAh battery. You can expect about 6 to 8 hours of backup from this light which should be enough from dusk to dawn. It also has a year of warranty which is great for long-term applications.
- Lastly, we will recommend the Awanber solar-powered Lights as it is the cheapest offering and best suited for budget-focused installations. It is still capable of 400 lumens output and powered by a 4400 mAh battery which handles 30 LEDs on the unit. As the power consumption is low, it offers nearly 18 hours of backup time which should be more than enough for a dusk to dawn light.