A lot of us would think back to the time when watches were something that could just show you the time of the day and nothing more. Even the fanciest of options would feature dates and various timezones. However, times have changed drastically now since almost everything around you is getting smarter, along with wearables such as a smartwatch. Nowadays, not only can a watch do a lot more, but it can also use a SIM card, eliminating the need for a smartphone completely in some cases. So, if you want a smart watch with a sim card, make sure you buy one based on these factors.
- Display Size: Just like any regular watch, the display of a smartwatch should be checked first before you check any other features. If the display is too small you will have a lot of trouble checking the time or doing other tasks on the watch. However, a typically large display makes the watch unappealing and uncomfortable to wear.
- Display Resolution: A smart watch also offers a touch interface so that you can easily access the apps or features of the watch with ease. But, using this feature is only practical if you can properly see what you are doing from a distance. Therefore, you need to make sure that apart from an appropriate size, your smartwatch also features a good display resolution.
- Battery Life: This is the part where a lot of smart watches fail to deliver a satisfying performance. On average, a person wears a watch for about 14 to 16 hours. There are some users who prefer wearing a smartwatch 24 x 7 for the fitness tracking feature. At this time, you won’t be able to charge your smartwatch. Therefore, you should go with an option that offers sufficient battery backup as per your usage.
If you have doubts about what smart watch you should get or which options are the best ones in your budget, you have come to the right place. Today, we are going to take a look at the best smart watches in the market that not only offer a wide range of smart features but also include SIM card functionality for many added benefits. We will talk more about the important qualities and specifications of a smart watch in our Buying Guide right after our picks for the same.
- Best Smart Watch With Sim Card
- Best Smart Watch With Sim Card Reviews
- Buying Guide For The Best Smart Watch With Sim Card
Best Smart Watch With Sim Card
|Smart Watch with Sim Card
|Apple Smart Watch SE
|Up to 18 hours
|Check On Amazon
|Padgene Bluetooth Smartwatch
|Up to 180 hours
|Check On Amazon
|aimion Smart Watch with Sim Card
|Check On Amazon
|PTHTECHUS 4G Smart Watch for Kids
|Up to 48 hours
|Check On Amazon
|Refly Bluetooth Smart Watch
|Check On Amazon
|Check On Amazon
|OKYUK 4G Smart Watch Kids
|Up to 72 hours
|Check On Amazon
Best Smart Watch With Sim Card Reviews
Apple, a leader in technological innovation, presents the Apple Watch SE (2nd Generation, GPS), a device embodying both style and functionality.
This smartwatch, featuring a 40mm Starlight Aluminium Case with a Starlight Sport Band, is designed to fit wrists measuring 130–180mm and is suitable for unisex adult users. It’s compatible with iPhone XS or later models and runs on the latest iOS version.
The Apple Watch SE is a comprehensive fitness and health partner, offering features like Cycle Tracking, GPS, Voice Control, and a Heart Rate Monitor. It also boasts essential safety features like Fall Detection, Crash Detection, and Emergency SOS. Environmentally conscious, the watch is carbon neutral, aligning with Apple’s sustainability goals.
Water-resistant up to 50m and customizable with various bands and watch faces, it’s an ideal blend of practicality and elegance. Each purchase includes a one-year hardware warranty and 90 days of complimentary technical support, with the option to extend coverage through AppleCare+.
- It offers up to 18 hours of battery life
- Offers Fall Detection, Crash Detection, and Emergency SOS.
- Suitable for swimming with 50m resistance.
- Features Siri for hands-free use.
- Carbon-neutral design.
- Good for fitness, calls, and texts.
- Easy navigation with watch OS 10.
- Three months free Apple Fitness+.
- Limited to iPhone users.
Thanks to the newer brands in the market that are offering great products at an affordable range, you don’t have to spend a significant sum on a smart watch. The following option from Padgene is a great example for that.
The Padgene Bluetooth Smartwatch is our 2nd pick for this list of the best smartwatch with SIM functionality and also the cheapest option on this list. It offers a sleek design with a 1.54 inch wide OLED display that makes it clearly visible even under direct sunlight. The display is enclosed in a stainless steel enclosure to prevent any form of external damage to the watch. Plus, it is also safe from water and sweat thanks to its water resistance.
You will get 2 working modes on the Padgene Bluetooth Smartwatch. You can either use the watch in Bluetooth mode to use it with your smartphone, or you can use the direct SIm mode to use this watch as a standalone smart phone itself. There are many features implemented on this watch that you will expect from a smart watch such as activity tracking, sleep monitoring, remote capture, calendar, etc. It also has a 0.3 MP camera that is pretty cool on a smart watch.
- It offers up to 180 hours of battery life
- Suitable for kids
- The display is 0.96 inches wide
- It has a 0.3 MP camera
- Cheapest option for a smart watch with SIM
- It has 2 operating modes
- There is an OLED display
- Overall functionality range is limited
aimion introduces a smartwatch that expertly combines modern style with multifunctional capabilities, designed for both men and women.
This sleek, black, rectangular watch, featuring a 1.54-inch LED display, is tailored for the tech-savvy adult. It’s packed with features like Time Display, Sleep Monitor, Calendaring, Sedentary Reminder, Text Messaging, Alarm Clock, Pedometer, Camera, Notifications, and a Music Player, making it an essential device for managing daily activities.
Compatible with smartphones, it supports 2G micro SIM cards (GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz) and offers seamless Bluetooth connectivity, particularly with Android devices. The watch is waterproof, enhancing its durability for various environments.
Its intuitive touchscreen interface and Lithium-Ion battery combine for ease of use and longevity. The aimion smartwatch also supports a range of applications including Fitness Tracker and Social Media, positioning it as a versatile accessory for both personal and professional use.
- Sleep Monitor, Pedometer, Camera, Notifications, Music Player.
- Supports 2G micro SIM cards and Bluetooth.
- Suitable for various environments.
- Clear 1.54-inch screen.
- Works well with Android smartphones.
- Tracks health, manages notifications.
- Simple interface and connectivity.
- Stylish for all genders.
- Waterproof for everyday use.
- May need frequent charging.
Smart watches these days are not only suitable for adults, but also for kids. So, there are some options like PTHTECHUS that make great smart watches for kids.
The PTHTECHUS Smart Watch for Kids can be a great gift idea for your kid for the coming Christmas. Since it is one of the comparatively premium options, you will get cellular connection support on this watch along with 4G support. Along with that, it also has a GPS tracker, calling app, video/voice chat support, WiFi connectivity, and even a camera on top of the dial. The dial itself is about 1.54 inches so that it is easily visible for everyone.
Since this smartwatch is designed for kids, it also has a classroom mode so that your child can wear it in school as well. The GPS functionality of the app can be a great parenting tool for you. And most importantly, since it has almost all features of a smartphone, you can let them use the watch instead of a smartphone to maintain a healthy lifestyle. It also offers a reliable battery backup of about 48 hours to make sure that you get the most out of your smart watch.
- It offers up to 48 hours of battery life
- Suitable for kids
- The display is 1.54 inches wide
- Classroom mode for kids
- Great option for kids
- It supports direct video and voice calls
- Bluetooth support for audio devices
- Other options are more affordable
Refly 4G Smart Watch – has a big screen, a heart rate monitor, a good camera, and a battery that lasts a long time. It’s a super cool gadget you won’t want to be without! Stay connected with 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS capabilities.
The large display provides a clear and easy-to-read interface for notifications and apps. The built-in heart rate monitor enables effortless fitness tracking. Capture unforgettable moments with the high-quality 5MP camera. Enjoy up to two days of battery life on a single charge, thanks to the long-lasting 2700mAh battery.
Stay connected with friends and family through 4G connectivity, even without your phone. Connect to Wi-Fi for streaming and browsing. Pair with your phone via Bluetooth for calls, texts, and social media. Navigate with ease using GPS.
The Smart Watch combines connectivity, fitness tracking, and seamless communication. It’s the perfect companion for a connected and active lifestyle. Elevate your experience with the Refly 4G Smart Watch and unlock endless possibilities.
- 4G connectivity
- 5MP camera for capturing high-quality pictures
- The display is 2.86 inches wide
- Powered by 2700 mAh battery
- Large display
- Heart rate monitor
- Long battery life
- Limited internal storage
Phyulls presents the G41, a modern and innovative smartwatch designed specifically for children aged 4-12.
This black, rectangular-shaped watch features a 1.57-inch LCD screen, perfectly sized for young users. It’s equipped with a multitude of features, including Real-Time GPS Positioning, Phone and Video Calls, SOS Call, Voice Chat, Camera, Photo Album, Phone Book, Alarm Clock, Class Mode, Safety Fence, Pedometer, and Stopwatch.
The G41 excels in ensuring children’s safety with its GPS tracker and SOS function, allowing parents to monitor their child’s location and receive alerts in emergencies. Additionally, the watch can store up to 15 phone numbers, facilitating easy communication between children and their family or friends.
Not just a safety device, it also provides entertainment for kids with its camera and interactive features, all within a durable and comfortable design. The G41 by Phyulls is an ideal blend of safety, communication, and fun, making it a great gift choice for various occasions.
- Keeps track of child’s location.
- Phone, video calls, and SOS feature.
- Camera and fun interactive features.
- Pedometer and stopwatch for fitness.
- Comfortable 1.57-inch LCD screen.
- Emergency SOS and safety fence.
- GPS and SOS for child security.
- Tracks physical activity.
- Stores up to 15 numbers.
- Needs cellular or GPS connectivity.
OKYUK is also a great option if you want a kids smart watch. However it is one of the premium choices in this category and offers many features similar to an actual smart watch.
OKYUK 4G Smart Watch for Kids is probably the best option available in the market for a kids 4G smartwatch. It supports SIM card functionality along with 4G support to offer you the best audio call quality. And as it also has a camera on top of the 1.3 inches display, it also offers video call functionality. You can find the SeTracker 2 parental control app and install it on your smartphone to monitor the status of the watch at all times.
In terms of connectivity, the OKYUK 4G Smart Watch for Kids is pretty ahead of its competitors. It has 4G network support, GPS positioning, LBS, and even WiFi connectivity. Your kid can use the smartphone to place calls, listen to music, and keep a track of their health thanks to the wide range of activity tracking features.
- It offers up to 72 hours of battery life
- Suitable for kids
- The display is 1.3 inches wide
- It has many connectivity options
- Battery life is pretty good
- Fast and reliable connectivity
- The display has HD resolution
- Quite expensive for a kids watch
Buying Guide For The Best Smart Watch With Sim Card
While there are a lot of options available on the market for a smart watch, one can’t help but wonder why there is a need for one with a SIM card. To put it simply, having a SIM card on your watch simply brings it much closer to being a fully functional smartphone than it already is. If your smartwatch features a SIM card, you will be able to receive calls, send SMS, and also browse the internet without needing your smart phone in your hands.
A lot of people find it beneficial since it makes daily life so much easier and using the smart watch for your calls is certainly a great feeling which is possible thanks to TWS earphones and headphones. But, as there has been an overflow of smart watches in the market recently, it is simply amazing to see just how many options are there, even if you decide on a budget and feature set beforehand. To save you from the trouble of browsing for hours and hours to find a decent option, we have decided to bring the best options right here. If you need any more information about the smart watches mentioned here, kindly refer to our buying guide present right here.
1. Type of SIM
Before you pick up a smartwatch to use with your SIM card, you need to first check what type of SIM card is supported by the watch to ensure if it’s the right option for you. There are multiple options available for the type of SIM used by a watch such as a physical SIM or an eSIM. While both of these options can achieve the same results, having a physical SIM does have its advantages.
First of all, it does not restrict you to using just one SIM card and you can switch the SIMs as per your needs. Also, using an eSIM is only possible if your data carrier allows an eSIM connection, which is mostly adapted nowadays from most data carriers. However, using an eSIM is not optional in case you are going for a smartwatch that supports dual SIM cards. In such a case, you will be able to use a physical SIM in the watch whereas the other has to be an eSIM due to its compact form factor.
2. Battery Specifications
One of the few factors that affect the reliability of a smartwatch the most is its battery specification. The battery life of a smartwatch not only depends upon its battery capacity but also on the OS of the watch as well as its features and functionality along with your usage type. If your smart watch comes with an operating system like WearOS or WatchOS, you will have a wide range of functionalities available along with a dedicated app store to download more apps.
However, such smart watches usually have a very limited battery backup, up to 20 hours at best. On the other hand, smart watches that have a fixed set of features offer a very long battery backup. Some fitness-based smart watches can also go for as long as 30 days without needing a recharge. When it comes to smart watches with a SIM card, you can find great options that offer up to 180 hours of battery life.
3. UI and Aesthetics
A smart watch is not only a handy smart device like your smartphone, but also an integral part of your apparel like other watches. So, it is not an exaggeration to say that a smartwatch should be the right option in terms of looks and design to make it an ideal option for a user. The aesthetic factor of a smart watch includes many factors such as the dial size, the shape of the dial, the type of strap, the quality of the strap, and much more.
You will have to consider all of these features to find the best smartwatch. While the looks and colors are important for the exterior, the UI of a smart watch makes up for the internal design of the software and its features. A smart watch is only a suitable option if it is easier to navigate, not only when you are still, but also when you are on the move. And since you are buying a smart watch with a SIM, there are many more functions for you to see, and using the watch gets more and more complicated with more features.
Lastly, we will talk about the one factor that makes these watches actually smart and beneficial to the user, the smart features. While there are a lot of options in the market that are marketed under the smart tag, not all of these watches are actually smart. In fact, a lot of brands have started to deliver fitbits and fitness bands with a large display under the tag smartwatch. If you want to get your hands on an actual smart watch, you need to carefully check the feature set offered by the watch.
Some of the few features that you will only find on a true smart watch are an operating system, a dedicated app store, calling features, and instant messaging. Other smart features that are not entirely necessary but definitely make the watch more useful include voice access, fitness tracking, blood oxygen level measurement, and other health-related features. While browsing for a smart watch, you will also come across a few options that feature a camera to allow video calls right from the watch, which is quite rare.
If you wish to use a variety of applications on your smart watch, you need to pick up an option that is powered by WearOS or WatchOS. Such smart watches offer a truly smart user experience with a wide range of applications specifically developed for the watch. You can customize these watches the way you want and get the most use out of them. However, the battery life on such smart watches is not very reliable and you will have to charge these watches at least once every day.
While SIM card support has made it possible to place and receive calls from a smart watch directly, it is still not an efficient way of communication. First of all, you will need a pair of TWS or wireless earphones or headphones in order to communicate on the call. On top of that, you will also notice a slight degradation in terms of voice quality if you are placing a call from your watch. As for the video calls, the display of a smart watch is too small to have a proper video chat. Still, having a feature is always better than not having it when you need it.
There are many reasons why one would need a SIM card on a smart watch. If you are going on a morning jog and don’t want your phone with you, you can simply wear the watch and start your run. You can still stay connected to the world as you will receive SMS and calls on your watch. You can also browse the internet and stay updated with the news around you without needing your smartphone at all.
Today, we have discussed some of the best options present in the market for a smart watch that support SIM card functionality. These are one of the best options when it comes to a smart watch as you will get many additional functionalities that are usually missing from most smart watches. To make sure that you can find a good option right here, we have included a variety of picks from different brands. We have also specified the best features of each smart watch along with a review to help you find the best option. You can also find more information on smart watches on our buying guide for the best smartwatch with SIM. In the end, we will leave with a handful of recommendations from our list.
- If you are wondering which smartwatch is the most popular option around the globe, it is the Apple Smart Watch SE This smart watch supports GPS positioning along with a cellular connection for standalone usage. There are quite a handful of features on this unit that covers all aspects of a smart watch. In terms of looks, the Apple Watch SE 2nd Gen has a 1.8 inches always-on retina display to make the watch look the most appealing option. It has a 64-bit dual-core processor offering full support for many Apple apps and features.
- On the other hand, if you don’t wish to spend as much as a smartphone on a smart watch, we will suggest going with the Padgene Bluetooth Smartwatch. This is the cheapest option on our list today and it still has a great set of features. First of all, it has a 1.54 inches wide OLED display paired with a stainless steel frame to make the watch ultimately durable. Along with the SIM card functionality, this watch also has activity tracking, an image viewer, a sound recorder, and even a camera for video calls.
- Lastly, we will suggest the PTHTECHUS Smart Watch which is a great choice for kids. This watch also has SIM functionality so that you can let your kids use the watch instead of a smartphone. Despite being a kids’ option, the PTHTECHUS Smart Watch has many features that you would usually find on an actual smart watch. It has a built-in GPS tracker along with SIM functionality for voice and video calls. Other features of the PTHTECHUS Smart Watch include WiFi functionality, an on-board camera, and SOS functionality.