Just per the name, a right angle drill offers a 90-degree operation angle for easily getting into small corners if needed. This includes both dedicated angled tools as well as attachments for your existing drills. You can also buy one for your workshop requirements after considering these factors:
- Tool Type: There are a lot of right-angle drills that differ from each other in various ways. While some of these are standalone power tools with an electric motor inside, other options are tool attachments that are made for using with your existing drills.
- Drill Size: Whether you buy a power tool or a tool attachment for using a right angle drill, its drill size or chuck is quite important to check. This is due to the reason that ¼ inch bits will only work with ¼ inch drill size just like ⅜ inch bits are made for ⅜ inch drills.
- Size and Form Factor: You should get a right angle drill that is small and compact in terms of its size. This is due to the reason that a small and compact right angle drill allows you to easily reach small corners while using a drill.
Since there are a lot of such drills out there, we are here with the best right angle drills. You can even find their major features and options, along with a detailed “Buying Guide”. This means that you can check out all of these details and buy the perfect right angle drill for you after going through this article until the end.
Best Right Angle Drills
|Right Angle Drill||Tool Type||Drill Size||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Dewalt Right Angle Drill||Power drill||⅜ inch||3 year||Check On Amazon|
|Milwaukee Right Angle Drill||Power drill||½ inch||5 year||Check On Amazon|
|Ryobi Right Angle Drill||Power drill||⅜ inch||3 year||Check On Amazon|
|Dewalt Right Angle Attachment||Tool attachment||¼ inch||-||Check On Amazon|
|Kkmoon Right Angle Drill||Tool attachment||10 MM||-||Check On Amazon|
|Makita DA3010F Right Angle Drill||Power drill||⅜ inch||1 year||Check On Amazon|
|Qazwsx123 Long Right Angle Drills||Tool attachment||¼ inch||6 month||Check On Amazon|
7 Best Right Angle Drills Reviews
Dewalt is one of the oldest and most popular brands of power tools out there. You can also find a right angle drill tool from Dewalt that is cordless.
The Dewalt DCD740B right angle drill is present in the 1st position in this article as it is a great cordless model. As per its name, it uses a 20-volt battery system for powering its electric motor. This battery system offers excellent performance along with decent battery life. You can go up to 2000 RPM or 650 RPM using this battery, depending on your currently selected mode. As for the drill size, it offers a standard ⅜ inch drill bit size for ease of use. This means that you can use a wide range of drill bits with this right angle drill without any issues.
A great thing about Dewalt is that it is a highly reputable brand of power tools. Due to this, it comes with a 3-year long warranty for peace of mind. You even get a great build quality that feels quite sturdy in comparison to other options out there. The 4” back length of this right angle drill allows you to easily fit it in any corner or small space that you are working in. Unfortunately, this drill does not come included with any battery or charger, and you have to buy a separate one later on.
- Motor speed rating of up to 2000 rotations per minute
- ⅜ inch drill size
- 3-year long warranty
- 20-volt electric motor
- 4-inch back length for ease of use
- Variable speed trigger for precision
- Comfortable and ergonomic grip
- Offers great performance with its 2000 RPM motor
- Decent battery life out of the 20-volt battery system
- Easy to change speeds with variable speed trigger
- Does not come with any charger or battery
- Slightly on the heavier side
Milwaukee is one of the more premium brands of power tools when compared with other options available out there that can be seen with its right angle drill.
Milwaukee’s right angle drill is present in the 2nd position in this article as it is the most reliable and durable option mentioned here. This is due to the reason that you get an excellent build with it. Not only that, but it offers a 5-year long warranty that is much better than all other options out there. In other words, this power tool can easily last for a long tie. Its body even offers a great grip to the user for ease of use.
You get a drill size or a chuck size of ½ inch with this dedicated right angle drill. This allows you to easily use large-sized bits with it without having any issues. While this tool uses just 18-volt batteries, the performance offered them is quite good. Its brushless motor is quite reliable and efficient as it offers great performance to the user. You even get a variable speed trigger with it for easily changing its speed if needed.
- ½ inch drill size
- 5-year long warranty
- 18-volt electric motor
- Offers a grippy and ergonomic body design
- All metal keyed chuck for extra strength
- Highly reliable and durable right angle drill
- Easy to use variable speed trigger
- Efficient and powerful 18-volt brushless motor
- No information on motor RPM speed
- Expensive power tool
Ryobi is known for affordable and value for money electric power tools. This is also true for its battery-powered right angle drill mentioned here.
This Ryobi P241 right angle drill is present in the 3rd position in this article as it is the cheapest battery-powered power tool mentioned in this article. Even though this power tool has a highly affordable price tag, you get a wide range of features in it. As a result, it offers a high value for money to the user. Just like most other battery-powered right angle drills, this one also uses an 18-volt battery system. This results in a high torque rating of 130-inch pounds along with an 1100 RPM motor speed for peace of mind.
Moving on, you get a ⅜ inch chuck size or drill size with this right angle drill power tool. Since this is quite common among other models, you can find a wide range of drill bits for this drill. Its 18-volt battery offers decently long battery life for peace of mind. You also get LED lights in this drill for working in darker areas without any issues. While you get a great 3-year long warranty with this tool, its build quality is on the average side.
- Motor speed rating of up to 1100 rotations per minute
- ⅜ inch drill size
- 3-year long warranty
- 18-volt electric motor
- Decent battery life
- Inbuilt LED lights for ease of use
- 130-inch pounds of torque
- Affordable price tag for a high value for money
- Decent performance for a battery-powered tool
- Offers a decent battery life via 18-volt batteries.
- Average build quality
- Motor speed could have been higher
Apart from making a dedicated right angle drill power tool, you can also find a tool attachment from Dewalt for converting your existing drill into a right angle drill.
The Dewalt DWARA120 right-angle attachment is one of the best options out there if you are looking for a tool attachment. This is due to the reason that it offers a great build quality to the user that can easily last for a long time. Its internal gearing is also of high quality to ensure that it offers the best in class performance. As for compatibility, you can expect it to work with almost all Dewalt drill models available out there.
You get a 1.5-inch front to back design with tool attachment that can be quickly attached to your existing drills. This is due to the reason that you get a magnetic design in this tool attachment for ease of use. A great thing about this tool is that it can be used in both drill as well as drive models if you wish to use it with an impact drill. While there is no information on the warranty of this tool attachment, it offers a highly sturdy metal construction to the user.
- 5-inch drill size
- Metal construction for high strength
- Magnetic design for ease of use
- 5 inch front to back design
- Compatible with most Dewalt drill tools out there
- Comes with an excellent build quality for peace of mind
- Easy to connect and use with your drill
- Offers a reliable and effective gearing inside for optimum performance.
- No information on the warranty
- Slightly on the larger side
When compared with other options out there, KKmoon is a smaller brand of drills and related accessories like its right angle drill attachment.
This KKmoon right angle drill attachment is one of the most affordable options out there as it offers a low price tag. Even though this is a smaller brand of drills and related accessories, it’s product has a high user rating. It has a high user rating because of the wide range of features it offers to the user. A great thing about it is that it comes with a high RPM support rating of 1500 RPM and a torque rating of 20 Nm that is more than enough for most users out there.
As for the size support, this right angle drill attachment offers a chuck size of 0.8 mm to 10 mm. Just per its name, it is an extension bar with an angle of 90 degrees for ease of use. Its 8 mm hex shank allows you to use it with almost all power drill models available out there. Since this drill attachment is quite small and compact, you can easily use it in small and compact areas without any issues.
- Supported motor speed rating of 1500 rounds per minute
- Offers support for up to 20 N-m of torque
- 10 mm drill size
- 8 mm hex for wide compatibility
- Small and compact size for ease of use
- Keyless check for easily changing tips
- Decent value for money with an affordable price tag
- Compatible with a wide range of power drill models
- Decent construction out of metal for extra strength
- No warranty
- Slightly different chuck size in MM instead of inches
Makita’s right angle drill runs on a 4.0 amp motor that is powerful enough to drill holes on a wide range of materials. It comes with the standard variable speed feature to adjust the speed between 0 and 2,400 RPM for controlled drilling depending on the thickness of the material. It is equipped with a built-in LED to provide visibility even when you are working in dark places.
This is one of the ideal right angle drills for beginners because of its compact design and easy to use features. The drill weighs 4.14 pounds and measures 10.63 x 2.4 x 3.11 inches for working between framing studs and other tight quarter applications. The paddle switch comes with a speed limiting dial for one-hand operation and to prevent over-tightening of fasteners. To ensure a long service life, the drill is equipped with a built-in shockproof and durable ball bearing construction. On top of this, the drill is backed by a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase.
- Runs on powerful 4.0 amp motor
- Motor speed rating of 2,400 RPM
- Variable speed feature
- Built-in LED for visibility
- Compact and lightweight
- 1-year warranty
- Ideal for beginners with easy to use features
- Powerful option with a high performance
- Durable and lasts longer
- Difficult to drive screws
QAZWSX123 is one of the newest brands out there when it comes to power tools and their related accessories. However, its right angle drill attachment can be a great option if you are on a budget.
The QAZWSX123 right angle drill attachment mentioned in this article is the cheapest option mentioned yet. Due to this, it can be a great option for those who are on a budget or simply want a value for money option. Since this is a tool attachment, you can simply connect it to your existing drill as it is compatible with most of the models out there. A great thing about this drill attachment is that it offers an angle of 105 degrees that is even better than most other 90-degree drill attachments.
Even though this right angle drill attachment is from an unknown brand of power tools accessories, it comes with a 6-month long warranty. While the build quality could have been better, you cannot expect more at the given price point. Just per its name, it offers a standard ¼ inch chuck size that is handy for using a wide range of drill bits available out there. Its 3 durable ball bearings ensure that you get the maximum performance while using it with your existing drill tool.
- Long bar for easily reaching all corners
- 105-degree angle
- 6-month warranty
- ¼ inch chuck size
- Metal construction
- Compatible with a wide range of drill tools
- Die-cast ball bearing mount
- Highly affordable price tag with a high value for money
- Comes with a large 105-degree angle for ease of use
- 3 ball bearing for optimum performance
- Average build quality
- Slightly large
Buying Guide for the Best Right Angle Drill
We have even mentioned the major features and options so that you can easily understand the various differences between them. While such information can be handy for buying one for yourself, some of you might be still confused.
Therefore, we are here with a detailed and complete buying guide related to right angle drills. You can find a wide range of aspects and factors in this buying guide that directly deals with right angle drills. Thus, you can easily choose the perfect right angle drill for you after following this buying guide until the end:
1. Tool Type
As mentioned earlier, a right angle drill allows you to easily and effectively reach small and tight spaces. Although not everyone has to buy a separate new tool for having this benefit. This is due to the reason that there mainly two types of right angle drill that include stand-alone power tools and tool attachments for existing tools.
As you would expect, the attachments are quite affordable in comparison to the power tools. Although dedicated power tools made for right-angle drills offer better performance without any compatibility issues.
2. Drill Size
You should also check the drill size of your right angle drill, whether you are going with a dedicated power tool or a tool attachment for your existing tools. This is to ensure that you do not face any issues while using the drill bits that you wish to use. If you are familiar with drills, then you must know that these have a chuck that is responsible for holding the drill bits. While some chucks have a size of ¼ inch, others have a size of ⅜ inch. And these chuck sizes will accept only the respective drill bit size.
3. Power Type
If you have decided to buy a dedicated or proprietary power tool for using a right angle drill, then you should also check its power type. This is due to the reason that while some options are powered by a battery, other corded models might plug into a power socket for their power requirements. As you would expect, a battery-powered right angle drill can be easily used on the go without having any issues. That being said, corded right angle drills are generally quite affordable and offer a high value for money to the user.
4. Motor Speed
The motor speed of your right angle drill is quite essential to check to get an idea about its performance. Just like any other electric power tool out there, the motor speed of a right angle drill is given in RPM or rounds per minute. This includes options like 1300 RPM or 1600 RPM motor speeds in different right angle drill models out there. When compared with each other, the higher 1600 RPM motor speed will result in a higher performance. Thankfully, almost all of the drill models out there allow you to easily adjust this motor speed using a variable speed trigger mechanism.
5. Size and Form Factor
Another factor you should consider before buying any kind of power tool drill or a tool attachment for your existing drill is the size and form factor of the product that you are buying. This is due to the reason that any tool that is small and compact can easily fit in small spaces. And since this is the sole purpose of a right angle drill, you can achieve it by simply having a smaller tool.
On the other hand, such small and compact can also be carried from one place to another without taking too much space in your tool kit. Just like the size, the weight of a right angle drill is also quite important. Any tool that is lightweight can be used for a long time without having much of an arm pain in the long run.
6. Build Quality and Reliability
Whether you are buying a dedicated power tool or a tool attachment for using a right angle drill, you need to consider the build quality and reliability. Any tool or attachment that offers a great build quality can easily last for a long time. Similarly, the warranty of a product is also quite important to check. While some options come with a 1-year long warranty, other better options come with a 3 year or a 5-year long warranty.
If you are familiar with using drills, then you might know that reaching into tight corners can be an issue. This is where right-angle drills come into play as you can easily reach tight corners with the help of their angled tool head. We have mentioned some of the best right angle drills in this article, along with their major features and options. You can even find a detailed buying guide in this article that will take you through the vast aspects and factors offered by these right-angle drills. If that is not enough for you, you can simply consider one of the following recommendations before buying such a right angle drill:
- You can go with the Milwaukee right angle drill if you want the most reliable right angle drill. This power tool offers an excellent build along with a 5-year long warranty with the help of its highly reliable and efficient 18-volt electric motor.
- The Makita DA3010F Right Angle Drill is the cheapest power tool present in this article that makes it a great option for those who are on a budget. Its corded design offers you a motor speed of up to 2400 RPM along with a ⅜ inch chuck.
- If you just want a tool attachment for your existing drill, then you can go with the Dewalt DWARA120 as it is one of the best performing attachments out there. It offers a great build quality along with a 1.5-inch front to back design.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!