R600A refrigerant is a natural refrigerant that is of isobutane grade. You can use it for different applications making it a perfect replacement for hydrofluorocarbon, chlorofluorocarbon, R12, and R22. As isomeric unbranched butane, it is great for cooling applications.
One of the best things about R600A refrigerant is that it does not come with any ODP. Being an isomer of butane, it has the exact chemical composition of butane with different atoms. As isobutane, it is a hydrocarbon gas and is liquefied by pressurization.
What Are The Properties of R600A?
R600A being a natural refrigerant has the following properties.
- It reduces power consumption.
- R600A does not cause any greenhouse effect as it is environmentally friendly.
- It comes with a low speed during the rise in temperature load
- It has superior cooling performance.
- The maximum lubrication compatibility of R600A makes it great for different applications.
What Are The Applications of R600A?
You can use R600A refrigerant for a wide range of applications. The eco-friendly properties make it great not only for domestic but also for industrial and commercial purposes.
- It can be great for refrigerators and freezers.
- R600A is suitable for dehumidifiers.
- It is used in beverage dispensers.
- Aerosol sprays also utilize R600A.
- Serves perfect for geothermal power generation.
- It is also used in plug-ins as well as vending machines.
- The application of R600A is suitable in the petrochemical industry as feedstock.
- It is also suitable in the food industry as a propellant and packaging gas.
Is R600A Safe To Use?
The application of R600A is relatively safe. However, you must take care while handling it. Even the packaging and transportation must be done carefully. Do note that it is flammable and you must not keep it near naked flames. The gas of R600A is not healthy and you must always put on a mask while handling it.
Due to its superior thermodynamics performance, R600A is becoming widely popular. You can use it for both domestic as well as commercial refrigeration including standalone display units, drink dispensers, freezers, and fridges. However, it is important to handle it carefully as it is flammable. You must follow all the safety precautions when you are using the R600A refrigerant.