You work for hours on your computer and check texts or images to complete your work.
You might have felt that the screen often feels smaller, and you need to squeeze your eyes to read everything.
Increasing the screen, especially the texts, the images often allow you to view things with ease and without straining your eyes.
Fortunately, modern computers come with interesting features and tools that help you increase the screen size and adjust the size of the texts and images for your convenience. So, read on to know more-
Follow the Steps
Here is a simple guide to enlarging the screen size on your computer display screen-
- First, take your mouse cursor to hold down the control key.
- While doing these, keep the scroll wheel rolling that away from yourself
- As you continue to move the scroll wheel, you will find that the screen text size has increased. You can also decrease the display size by moving the cursor wheel in your direction.
If your mouse does not have a cursor, here is an alternative method.-
- Use your mouse cursor to hold down the cursor.
- Now, repeatedly press the plus key on your keyboard to increase the size. Use the minus key to decrease the font size on the flip side.
How to Enlarge Your Computer Screen-Resize Window Screens
Windows usually automatically fix a screen size for each application. But, in some situations, that fixed window size does not work, and you may need to get more screen space to get everything done.
Here is a step-by-step guide to resizing the window screens on your device-
- On the top right of the window screen, you will find a rectangle shape sandwiched between the “X” mark and the “-“ sign. You can click on it to maximize the window screen. On the contrary, clicking on the “-“sign will minimize the window.
- Alternatively, you can bring the cursor point to the top middle border of the window. You will find a double arrow pointing up and down. Use this arrow to drag the window scene to make it bigger or smaller as per your convenience.
- Similarly, you can click on your windows screen’s right or left border to adjust the screen breadthwise.
- If you put the cursor point in the corner of your windows screen, a diagonal arrow will appear on the screen, which you can use to enlarge or decrease the window.
Please remember that the window size will not get larger if no screen space is available.
How to Enlarge Your Screen on a Laptop?
The best part of using a laptop is that it has an adaptable screen that allows you to enlarge the text sizes for your convenience. You can easily enlarge the screen on your laptop through the control panel. On top of that, you can also fine-tune the display settings to manage the text size etc.
Here is how you can do it-
- First, click on the “Start” button and find the “Control Panel ” menu from
- Next, open the Control Panel. A new window will appear on your screen.
- After this, click on the “Appearance and Personalization” tab to open the relevant window.
- Now, tap on “Adjust screen resolution”. Here you will find three options- Small, Medium and Large. If you click on Medium, the text size will increase by 25%. On the other hand, the Large option will increase the text size by 50%.
- After choosing the desired option, click on “Apply” to save the changes.
How do I Enlarge My Device’s Screen with a Magnifier?
Windows OS has a special tool called Magnifier that can help you to magnify a certain part of the screen to increase the text size or image size for your convenience. With this tool, you can zoom in or zoom out different screen parts at your convenience.
First, open the “Start” menu to find the Magnifier menu.
Next, type Magnifier on the search bar. The tool will appear under the search bar. It is a blue colored tool with a logo of a magnifying glass and a computer screen.
Now, open the tool and use it at your convenience.
If you want, you can also pin the tool into the taskbar or the start menu to easily retrieve the Magnifier.
How to Enlarge My Screen on Mac?
Like Windows OS, MAC OS also offers zoom options to enlarge the texts and images on the screen.
You can easily use the Mac home button and the Control key to open the available Zoom options. Click on it to zoom in or out the texts as per your preference.
Keyboard Shortcut for Zoom
Windows Zoom Settings
If you want, you can easily increase the computer’s font size to make things easier for your eyes. This enlargement does not affect the running programs but only increases the font size.
Here is how you can do this-
First, press the Windows key and the “+” key to unlock the magnifier tool. This tool will help you enlarge the texts, images, and videos for each window you have opened on your device.
Enlarge screen on Mac
Mac Zoom settings
You can easily increase the font size on your Mac device. Here is how to do this-
If you want to enlarge the text for your emails, you can easily do that. For this, first, open the Preference tab. From here, choose “font & colours”. Here choose the desired size you want to use in the mails and click on “Select next to the message” to save the changes.
Now, open the “Message” tab and move to General from the Preferences tab.
In the general section, you will find a slider that can increase the size of messages. In case you want to increase the icon size, right-click on your desktop. It will open a small dialogue box. Select “Show View” and drag the icon size slider to increase the icons as per your convenience.
The increasing font size of images can help you work with your laptop or computer more easily. You can use the methods stated in this article to zoom the texts or images at your convenience.