For Apple device users, AirPlay is a boon. It instantly transforms your Smart TV into a mirror screen of your iPhone, iPad, or Mac devices. Often you want to display amazing videos or pictures to others from your phone. AirPlay comes in handy in this case.
But, many iPhone or iPad users have a misconception that a stable Wi-Fi connection is a must to mirror screen via Airplay. In reality, you can use AirPlay without any stable Wi-Fi connection. It is a great option for those who do not want to use data or do not have Wi-Fi access in their location.
This article will help you to learn how to use AirPlay without any functional Wi-Fi connection-
- How to Enable AirPlay to Apple TV without Wi-Fi?
- How to Screen Mirror iPhone to Samsung TV Without Wi-Fi?
What is AirPlay?
Apple launched Airplay, a proprietary wireless communication Protocol suite first in 2004 for iTunes. But, after the 2018 updates, it is applicable for all Apple devices, including iPhone, iPad, Mac devices, etc.
With AirPlay, you can stream contests to a smart TV via your Apple device. You can connect the phone or apple device with the smart TV, and the TV will become an extension of your iPhone or iPad. That means you can stream audio and video files like movies, shows, documentaries, etc., with this wireless technology.
AirPlay Pros and Cons
Like any other technology, AirPlay has both pros and cons. So, first, let’s check out the pros here-
Pros of AirPlay
- AirPlay offers video streaming. It allows you to stream a whole movie through another device by mirroring your iPhone screen.
- It works with and without Wi-Fi. Hence, whether you have an internet connection or not, you will always be able to mirror the screens of your apple device to a smart TV.
- The picture and audio quality do not deteriorate with AirPlay.
- It allows you to stream content on multiple devices at once.
- You can use your Apple device as a remote control for your smart TV.
- You can continue streaming contests using your iPhone, Ipad, or MacBook.
- The viewer can get complete details about the content they are watching.
- Airplay doesn’t affect the system’s performance.
Cons of AirPlay-
- The main issue with AirPlay is its device limitation. It is a patented technology of Apple Inc. It is only available for Apple devices like iPods, iPad, MacBooks, or MacBook minis. It is also only compatible with iOS. Hence, if you do not have access to an Apple device or use android devices, AIrPlay will not work. Hence, a high-speed Wi-Fi connection is required.
- The Wi-Fi network condition matters greatly if you are using Wi-Fi to stream content via AirPlay. If the internet is down, AirPlay may get disconnected.
- Even though AirPlay lets you stream content to multiple devices simultaneously, you cannot access different content for each device. Hence, every device will stream the same content.
- The video-sharing is restricted with only Apple TV
- You can use only one app at a time while using AirPlay.
How Does AirPlay Work?
AirPlay uses a local wireless or wired network to connect your apple devices. But that doesn’t mean it requires available Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection.
First, you must connect the smart Tv with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Next, you must connect the apple device to the same network and start streaming.
You can use a peer-to-peer connection method to connect your Apple Tv and any other Apple device to start streaming via AirPlay. Otherwise, you can also use Apple AirPort Express, a small portable wireless router for apple devices.
How to Enable AirPlay to Apple TV without Wi-Fi?
1. Using Peer-to-Peer Mirroring
Peer-to-peer mirroring is a method to connect an Apple device with an Apple TV. In this case, your phone, iPad, or Mac device works as a temporary Wi-Fi hotspot. If your other apple device has available Wi-Fi, you do not require any other Wi-Fi connection.
2. Peer-to-Peer AirPlay Requirement
But, if your want to establish a Peer-to-peer airplay connection, ensure your devices follow these requirements-
- Your iPhone or iPad comes with iOS 8 or later versions. If you are using a MacBook, ensure it has OS X Yosemite v10.10 or a later version.
- The Apple TV must come with tv OS 7.0 or later versions. At Least a third generation Rev A model or 4th generation Apple TV is required to establish a peer-to-peer connection.
3. How to Set Up Peer-to-Peer AirPlay
Here is how to do this-
1. First, delete all the saved networks on your IOS smart TV or Apple TV.
2. Next, turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your iOS device and Apple TV
- After that, restart both devices.
1. Now, AirPlay will support iOS devices or Mac devices.
Now, follow these steps to connect your iPhone, iPad, or Macbook with your Apple TV.
2. First, open your device’s “Control Centre” and click on AirPlay to link.
3. Next, enter the four-digit passcode of your IOS device. Wait till the same code appears on your Apple TV.
- Now, wait for a few minutes till you get a notification pop-up saying the Peer-to-peer AirPlay connection is complete.
4. Troubleshooting of Peer-to-Peer AirPlay
Unable to use the Peer-to-peer AirPlay? Then here is your guide to troubleshoot this issue-
1. First, turn your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your smart TV and iOS device.
2. Next, restart your Apple TV.
- Then, visit the control panel of your Apple TV and tap on mirroring from your iOS device.
1. Now, check the Apple TV model number. You can find it in the Settings tab. From Settings, navigate to the General tab. Under this section, click on “About” to view the model number.
2. Hold off the iOS device and Apple Tv from the Wi-Fi network.
3. Suppose you cannot connect your iPad or iPhone. In that case, you can enable Bluetooth or Wi-Fi after the peer-to-peer connection is activated on the Apple TV.
5. Disabling Peer-to-Peer AirPlay
Here is the step-by-step guide to disabling peer-to-peer AirPlay-
1. First, open “Settings” and then navigate to “General.”
2. Now, open Bluetooth from here. If the Bluetooth is on, turn it off.
- Next, turn on “Require Device Verification” on all of your Apple devices and Apple TVs.
1. Finally, enter the passcode to activate AirPlay.
6. Using Apple lightning Connector with HDMI
If you do not want to copy for peer-to-peer connectivity, you can cast the screen of your Apple phone or iOS using an HDMI cable. For this, you need to connect the lightning connector on your apple device and use a lightning digital AV Adaptor by using an HDMI cable. You are ready to stream content.
7. Using Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast is another method you can use to stream content or mirror the screen of your IOS device to your Apple TV. This works fine, and you can stream videos, movies, live shows, and even music with Chromecast.
You just have to attach the Chromecast to your Apple Tv through an HDMI cable. Ensure that your mac OS is v10.9 or later for this technique to work.
How to Screen Mirror iPhone to Samsung TV Without Wi-Fi?
Do you have a Samsung Tv and want to mirror the screen of your iOS device with it, then you need to use one of these methods-
1. First, download the AriScreen or Miracast app from the IOS play store.
2. Next, use a USB drive containing the Zappiti media player .apk file,
- Install the app and launch it,
1. After that, open the screen mirroring option. You need to click on Zappiti to mirror the screen of your iPhone on your Samsung TV.
1. First, download the Roku app from its official site.
2. Next, connect the Roku App to your Samsung TV. Your device will display the available TV. Alternatively, you can also enter the Roku TV IP for this.
- After that, visit the “Control Centre” and click the Screen Mirroring option.
1. Go to Live and Standard Modes and click on Screen Broadcast Option.
2. After a few minutes, your iPhone will connect to the Roku TV.
3. HDMI Cable
1. First, connect the Samsung Tv with your Apple iOS device. For this, connect one end of the HDMI cable to the Samsung TV port and the other end with the Lightning Digital AV Adapter.
2. Next, link your iPhone with the lightning connector.
- After that, correct the HDMI port by using the TV remote. You will find that your iPhone is connected to your Samsung TV, and you are ready to stream content on your TV.
As you can see, Wi-Fi connectivity is not necessary to use Apple AirPlay. There are other ways to stream multimedia files from your iPhone, iPad, or MacBook. You can choose any of these devices at your convenience.