There is no doubt that the majority of Apple device users own AirPods. Since AirPods happen to be the smallest Apple device, it is very easy to misplace them. When you misplace AirPods, it is difficult to spot them immediately owing to its small size. Naturally, panic sets in as they are quite expensive and the thoughts of AirPods being stolen are not far fetched.
If you have AirPods, there are going to be times when they can get lost. To face such scenarios with proper preparation and locate the lost AirPods instantly, you need to add AirPods to Find My iPhone. You can track the location of the list AirPods instantly through Find My iPhone service directly from the paired Apple device. We will illustrate how to add AirPods to Find My iPhone service.
How To Add AirPods To Find My Service?
In order to add your AirPods to Find My service, you have to connect AirPods to iCloud account. You can connect AirPods to iCloud account, there is no direct way. You have to pair your AirPods with an Apple device first. Thereafter, your AirPods will get connected to the iCloud account of the connected iCloud account. Therefore, we will illustrate how to pair AirPods to Apple devices.
How Do You Pair AirPods With iPhone, iPad, or Even iPod Touch?
Pairing AirPods with handheld Apple devices involves similar steps for all devices. You will need the pairing devices in one place before getting started. Here are the steps to follow.
- Step 1: On your Apple device(iPhone, iPad, or iPod), open Settings app.
- Step 2: Tap on Bluetooth option. Toggle Bluetooth on so that you can establish Bluetooth connection between the Apple Device and AirPods.
- Step 3: Assuming that the AirPods are in their case, bring the case close to the Apple device for pairing.
- Step 4: You will see an animation on the screen stating that the AirPods are not connected to the Apple device. Tap on Connect option.
- Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions until the AirPods are paired with the Apple device successfully.
You will follow the same steps for pairing AirPods with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. When you pair AirPods to your iPhone where you have paired your Apple Watch, your AirPods will automatically get paired with your Apple Watch as well.
How To Add AirPods To Find My iPhone?
We have already stated that if you want to add AirPods to Find My iPhone, you have to connect it to iCloud account. Now that you have paired your AirPods with your iPhone, it is already connected to the linked iCloud account. It is important to note that as soon as you pair AirPods with your iPhone, your AirPods are automatically added to Find My iPhone. However, you have to turn on Find My iPhone service on your iPhone so that AirPods can get listed under tracked device, and you can find its location when lost. Here are the steps to turn on the Find My iPhone service on your iPhone.
- Step 1: Open Settings app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap on your Profile name located at the top.
- Step 3: Tap on Find My option. Then tap on Find My iPhone option
- Step 4: Toggle on Find My iPhone option. Similarly, toggle on Find My Network and Send Last Location options.
How Do You Enable Find My Network For AirPods?
You need to turn on Find My Network for AirPods so that you can locate them even when they are disconnected and even powered off. We have already stated how to turn on Find My Network for iPhone, and here are the steps to turn on Find My Network for AirPods.
- Step 1: On your iPhone, open Settings app.
- Step 2: Tap on Bluetooth and toggle on Bluetooth.
- Step 3: From the list of connected devices, find your AirPods. Tap on the “i” icon present at the end of the AirPods.
- Step 4: From the list of options, make sure Find My Network is turned on.
How To Find Lost AirPods via Find My App?
After performing all the steps we have mentioned, it is time to know how to locate your AirPods from Find My app. Here are the steps to follow.
- Step 1: On your iPhone, launch Find My app.
- Step 2: On Find My app, go to Devices located at the bottom.
- Step 3: Under the list of devices, tap on your AirPods. You will see the current location of your AirPods on the map.
- Step 4: Tap on Play Sound option so that your AirPods play a sound and you can locate your AirPods immediately. There is also an option to mute either left or right AirPod and play sound only for the lost AirPod instead of both of them.
- Step 5: If you find that your AirPods are not connected to your iPhone, when you tap on Play Sound option, you will receive a notification on your iPhone when AirPods get connected.
- Step 6: Since you have turned on Find My Network for AirPods, you will see Find option by the side of Play Sound option. Tap on Find option. Your iPhone will start searching for signals, and once it detects your AirPods, you will either see “Near” or “Here”. When you see “Here”, AirPods should be very close to you.
How Do You Set Up Left Behind Alerts For AirPods?
Since AirPods are quite small, you can leave them behind easily. If you are using iPhone 12 or higher, you can set up separation alerts so that you get notifications when you leave behind your AirPods. Here are the steps to follow.
- Step 1: Open Find My app on your iPhone. Tap on Devices option at the bottom.
- Step 2: Select your AirPods from the list. Tap on Notify When Left Behind option.
- Step 3: You can toggle on Notify When Left Behind option.
- Step 4: Thereafter, tap on Ne Location under “Notify Me, Except At”. You can add locations where you do not want the feature to be active. Finally, tap on Done option.
Losing AirPods is very common and hence, you should be prepared beforehand. You need to connect your AirPods to iCloud via pairing AirPods to Apple Device such as iPhone. Thereafter, you have to turn on Find My iPhone for AirPods. We have illustrated how to locate your AirPods using Find My app.