There are times when you end up taking a photo in the wrong way. In such a case, you have to edit the photo to get the orientation correct. If you want to flip or mirror a photo, you can either do it horizontally or vertically. Instead of installing a photo editor app on your computer or smartphone, you can do it easily with Google Docs. The first step is to upload the photo on Google Docs and flip it instantly. In this article, we will discuss in detail all the required steps to flip an image in Google Docs.
- How to Change Margins in Google Docs?
- How to Add a Page on Google Docs?
- Google Docs Vs Microsoft Word
How To Flip An Image In Google Docs?
We are dividing the steps into two parts for your convenience. You need to first upload the image that you want to flip, and then you can follow the steps to flip the image.
Steps To Upload The Image In Google Docs
1: On your computer, you will have to visit docs.google.com/document/ from your web browser.
2: If you are not already logged in, log into your Google account.
3: You will have to open the document where you want to insert the image.
4: Now, place your cursor where you want to add the image.
5: By clicking on the Insert tab on the upper menu bar, you can upload the image.
6: Once you click on the Insert tab option you will come across a drop-down menu from where you will have to select the image. Select the exact location where your image is available.
7: Now click on the image which you want to insert.
Your image is now inserted. There is also a shortcut way to insert your image. You can drag and drop the image directly into the document. You can also upload the image via URL.
Steps To Flip An Image In Google Docs
1: Right-click on the image that you want to flip on Google Docs.
2: Now, you will have to copy the image by clicking on Cut or Copy.
3: Once done, you need to click on the Insert tab menu bar. It will display a drop-down menu from where you will have to select Drawing> New.
4: You will come across a drawing tool that allows you to edit the image. Right-click on the blank space of the tool and hit Paste for inserting the copied image inside the tool.
5: By giving a right-click on the image, you will have to click on Rotate.
6: Now, you will come across many options which will allow you to flip the image vertically or horizontally. You can flip it according to your requirement.
7: After the flipping is complete on the document, you will have to click on Save and Close to remove the drawing tool.
How To Flip A Photo In Google Docs Instantly(Few Seconds)?
Google Docs allows you to flip an image in another way. you will be able to save your time as this lets you flip the image within seconds. To perform this task, you will have to follow these steps.
- On your computer, you will first have to open Google Docs.
- Now open the document where you want to flip the image.
- In the next step, you will have to insert the image and then copy the image.
- Click on the Insert> Drawing> New option.
- Paste the image and click on the right mid anchor point and drag it to the left side.
- You will have to adjust the margins to get it flipped according to your preference.
How To Flip A Photo On Smartphone with Google Docs?
People can even flip an image in Google Docs using their smartphone. This is very easy to perform, and you don’t have to worry about having a PC. You will only have to know these steps.
- On your mobile phone, you will have to launch Google Chrome browser.
- Now you will have to set the browser in Desktop mode. You can do it by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner. From the many options, you will have to turn on the desktop mode.
- Following this, you will have to open the link https://docs.google.com/document/.
- You will now have to open the document where you want to flip the image.
- Select the image that you want to copy.
- From the Insert bar, you will have to open the Drawing tool. You need to click on New to launch the Drawing tool.
- When the drawing tool opens, you can click anywhere to paste the image.
- To rotate or flip, you will have to right-click the image.
- Once the flipping is complete, you can click on Save and Close.
If you happen to use iPhone, then you can have other options.
- On your iPhone, open Google Docs iOS app.
- The next step will be to open the document.
- On the top right, you will find three dots that let you choose the Print Layout option.
- You will now have to choose the image.
- By using the controls around the image, you will be able to rotate or adjust the image size.
How To Unflip The Mirror Image?
There may be a need to get back the original image. All you have to do is to press Ctrl + Z simultaneously on your PC. Another way will be to unflip the image using version history.
- Select the image that you want to unflip.
- Under the image, you will find the small Edit button.
- Once you click on the small Edit button, it will open the drawing tool.
- Now you will have to go to Actions.
- It enables you to see the version history, which lets you check the image versions.
- You can select any older version which is on the drawing tool’s right side.
- To restore the version, you will have to click on the three dots.
- For confirmation, you will have to click on Restore.
- Click Save and Close for removing the drawing tool and bringing the changes.
Flipping a photo is no more an issue. You do not have to be an expert or download any photo editor. You can use Google Docs to get the job done in a few simple steps. This is applicable for computer and smartphone users, but you should be careful to follow every step minutely to flip your photo.