If we take a look back at the past 5 or 6 years, TikTok has completely revolutionized the way we see content online. While everyone preferred to watch long and detailed videos back then, TikTok’s completely opposite approach of posting short-length content was quite appreciated. In fact, TikTok is one of the biggest content-sharing platforms these days and the user base is still growing exponentially.
Well, using TikTok is quite simple as its app is very intuitive. However, it is pretty easy to post a video on TikTok, do you know the way to delete it? Most probably, if you are new to TikTok, you wouldn’t know about it. So, if you are interested to know how you can delete your TikTok videos, make sure to read this guide until the end.
How To Delete Videos on TikTok
It is possible that you might have posted a video on TikTok by mistake, or you simply want to delete some old videos of yours. Or, maybe the edits made on your latest TikTok video aren’t pleasing you much. Don’t worry, you can simply delete the video from your feed following these few simple steps:
- On your tablet or mobile phone, launch the TikTok application.
- Now, if you look at the bottom right of the screen, you will find a “Me” button. Click on it.
- This will take you to your profile, here, click on the video that you wish to delete.
- The video will load and start playing on your screen. If you are an iOS user, tap on the Share button. For Android users, tap on the horizontal three dots button.
- Several menu options will appear on the bottom of the screen, find the Delete button and tap on it.
- Once you click on the Delete button, the app will ask for a confirmation, press on the Confirm button.
Repeating the same steps, again and again, you can delete as many videos as you want from your posted videos.
How To Delete Drafts on TikTok
Just as you learned to delete the posted TikTok videos from your profile, the drafts folder holds the videos that you haven’t posted online yet. Still, if you want to clean your drafts folder and make some free space on your tablet or smartphone, it’s quite easy to delete those videos as well. All you have to do is follow these few simple steps.
- Open the TikTok application and login into your account.
- Now, press on the Me button to open your TikTok profile.
- Here, you will find the Drafts folder, access it by tapping on it.
- In the Drafts folder, you will see a Select button on the top right of the screen, click on it.
- Now, select all the videos from the Drafts folder that you want to delete.
- Hit the Delete button, and that’s it!
How To Remove Videos From Your Favorites and Likes Folders
Whenever you like someone’s TikTok video, TikTok keeps it saved for you in the Likes folder so that you can view it again in the future. If you want to delete your saved videos from the Likes folder, it is also possible, and you can do it by following a few easy steps:
- Open the TikTok app on your device, and login into your profile.
- Now, tap on the Me button, and go to your profile.
- Here, you will see a Heart icon right below your Profile Bio. Click on the Heart icon.
- Now, a list of all the videos will appear on the screen which you have previously liked. To remove any video from this folder, open the video.
- You will notice that the Like button is already highlighted, press on it once again, and this will remove your Like from the video.
- Hence, once you remove your Like from the video, it will be deleted from your Likes folder immediately.
Also, if you want to remove any video from your favorites folder, it’s pretty easy to do as well:
- Go to your profile on TikTok, and tap on the Bookmark icon.
- Now, tap on the video that you want to remove from the favorites folder.
- Once the video starts playing on your screen, press on the horizontal three dots menu if you are using an Android device. Or, click the Share button if you are using an iOS device.
- This will open the Menu option for the video. Here, you can click on Remove from Favorites to delete the video from your Favorites folder.
Wrapping it up here, so far we have discussed how you can delete your videos from TikTok, and even the steps of removing videos from your Drafts, Likes, and Favourites folders as well. We hope this guide is easy and helpful to the readers. As you can see for yourself, using TikTok is pretty simple, and if you think any of your friends need to know about this guide, don’t forget to share it with them. Also, if you have any other queries related to this topic, feel free to discuss them with us in the comments section below.