Location spoofing apps for Android phones are very useful when you may want to fake your current location for a variety of purposes. You might be looking for a way to access a Netflix movie which is not available in your country or you might want to hide your location on social media applications.
Irrespective of your reason to fake your current location, the location spoofing apps for Android can help you out. They come handy even when you want to play location based games like Minecraft and Pokemon Go. This article will give a detailed overview about how you can fake GPS location on your Android device.
- How to Fake Location on Android?
- What is a Mock Location?
- 1. Using Mobile App to Fake GPS Location With Mock Location
- 2. Using Mobile App to Fake GPS Location Without Mock Location
- Reasons to Fake GPS Location
- Fake GPS Location on Andriod – FAQs
How to Fake Location on Android?
There are several ways in which you can fake your current location on Android. You can do this by enabling the mock location feature on the mock location app. If you do not want to use a mock location app, you can still fake your location with the help of GPS spoofing mobile apps. To know more about this, read on.
What is a Mock Location?
Mock location is a feature on your Android device which helps you fake your current location when enabled. When you use the mock location feature, you can change your GPS location to whichever place you like.
1. Using Mobile App to Fake GPS Location With Mock Location
The feature of mock location can be used on your Android phone by installing the Mock Locations app from Google Play Store. With this feature, you can modify your location to any place of your choice with ease. You can use the steps given below to fake GPS location with mock location.
- From Google Play Store, search for the ‘Mock Locations’ app, and install it on your Android device.
- From the ‘Developer Options’, tap on ‘Allow Mock Locations’.
- Select ‘Mock Locations’ as the provider of mock locations on your phone.
- To complete the setup, tap on ‘Set Mock Location’.
After this, you can use this app to change your location to any place you like.
Features of Mock Locations app
- Fake your route with speed
- You can use joystick mode to fake location manually
- Record your fake route and replay it in the form of GPX file
- Can set breakpoints in a route and specify the duration in them.
- You can hide the Mock Locations app icon
Pros of Mock Locations app
- Easy to create a customized route
- App stays incognito
- Can set stop points in a route
Cons of Mock Locations app
- Free only for 24 hours
- Does not function accurately on some Android phone models like Xiaomi RedMi Note 8
- Joystick feature malfunctions at times
2. Using Mobile App to Fake GPS Location Without Mock Location
If you do not wish to use the mock location feature on your Android device, you can still fake GPS location on your phone using the following apps.
a. Fake GPS Joystick
The Fake GPS Joystick app is a great way to fake your GPS location. This app changes the current GPS location on your phone and sends this information to other third-party applications, services, and websites on your phone. This app comes with the ‘Joystick’ feature, making it very easy for even novice users.
- Change location to anywhere using joystick feature
- Offers customization for a lot of features
- Can use reverse route mode
- Keep a list of favorite routes to use later
- Displays the distance
- Customer service is great
- GPS location can be changed instantly
- Rooting of device not required
- The free features are very few
- Poses of the risk of getting banned
- For advanced features, plan upgradation is required
b. Fake GPS Joystick & Routes Go
This popular location spoofer app can be used on your Android phone whenever you wish to hide your real location and show a fake one everywhere else digitally. You can use the app to fake your location even on location-based games like Pokemon Go.
- Easy location spoofing
- Fake routes with speed and time specifications
- Features GPS joystick option
- Supports location spoofing on top location-based games.
- Keeps a record of historical locations and routes
- Quick location spoofing in joystick mode
- You can select a previously used route from the saved history
- Easier to plan a route and calculate the time when multiple locations are involved
- For updating the app, you may need to delete system copy
- Requires rooting
- Customer support is poor
c. Fake GPS Location – Floater
As the name suggests, Fake GPS Location – Floater app features a floating window from where the functions are controlled. This allows easy access to any other apps or games on your Android phone. You can use Fake GPS Location – Floater app to conveniently fake your location to any location in the world.
- Location history is stored
- Can make a list of favorite locations for easy access
- Set speed and accuracy
- Move the map with gyro
- Incognito mode can be activated when required
- Comes with a floater window for easy access
- Route can be customized with speed and time specifications
- The app icon can be hidden
- Many changes in phone settings need to be made for effective functioning of this app
- With prolonged use, the app behaves strangely
- If your phone is low on memory, the app malfunctions
d. Tailor GO
This location spoofing app offers one of the easiest ways to fake your current GPS location. By using the Tailor GO app you can even customize a route and the speed of movement. This is a highly recognised location spoofing app with several interesting features.
- Change GPS location with just a few clicks
- Customize spots, speeds, and times for a route
- Works well with all the major social media applications
- No risk of virus attack or information theft
- Comes with a free trial
- Simple to use
- Improved digital privacy
- Low maintenance
- Doesn’t support joystick movement
- Does not record route history
- Works better with iOS than with Android devices
If you are specifically looking for a way to access websites or content online that is restricted in your region, we suggest using NordVPN. This app is best to fake your location to watch content that has been restricted based on geo-location.
- Protects personal data
- Hides IP address
- Excellent security features
- 24/7 customer support
- 7-day free trial
- Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Several geo-restricted streaming websites can be accessed
- Highly intuitive user interface
- It is not free
- Torrenting is not supported on all servers
- Slow server connection
f. iMyFone AnyTo
iMyFone AnyTo is a great location spoofer app that works perfectly well with Android as well as iOS devices. You can share fake locations with your friends, family, or anybody you want using this app. You can even avoid getting tracked by modifying your current location with iMyFone AnyTo.
- Share false locations on social media applications
- Teleport any GPS location
- Stimulate movement between two locations
- GPS joystick for location-based games
- Records history of routes and locations used
- Powerful location spoofing features
- Easy to use
- Supports multiple operating systems
- Not available in all regions
- When used frequently, it gets banned
- Not free
A good location spoofing app generally has the following modes, which make faking the real location on your Android device very easy.
1. Teleport Mode
This is the basic feature required in an app to spoof your location on an Android device. This mode helps you in faking your location to any place you like. All you have to do is specify the fake location.
2. Two Spot Mode
This mode comes into play when you wish to customize a route between two different location spots. With this feature, you can select a starting and final destination points. Once you do this a route gets created between these two spots and a fake movement is created on this route.
3. Multi Spot Mode
This is almost similar to Two Spot Mode. The only difference in a Multi Spot Mode is that you can specify more than two different spots on the map and make your fake route traverse through these spots.
4. Joystick Mode
This mode will allow you to control your location on the map with the help of a joystick. You can easily move 360 degrees on the map. This mode is very useful when faking your location on a location-based game like Pokemon Go.
5. Circular Route
In some apps when you choose a starting and destination point very close to each other on the map, you can create a circular route. When you choose to pick the option of a circular route, both the starting and destination points get aligned automatically.
Reasons to Fake GPS Location
You may want to fake your GPS location on an Android device for several reasons. A few common ones are listed below.
- To change your location on popular social networking sites like WhatsApp, Snapchat, Viber, and Facebook.
- Access latest updates and perks of location-based games like Pokemon Go.
- To get many matches on a dating application.
- Watch movies and series that are restricted in your region.
- Improve your privacy online.
- To get the latest update of Android.
Fake GPS Location on Andriod – FAQs
Ans: You can trick your GPS location by using a Virtual Private Network or VPN. A VPN can be used to fake your location by using a server to route your internet traffic in a different location. This will give an illusion of your device being in a different location due to which you can access several geo-restricted content and even bypass censorship.
Ans: It is legal to fake your location. However, if such an action causes public service disruption, the local law enforcement can take this action as a serious offense. Furthermore, spoofing the location on someone else’s device without their consent is illegal.
Ans: You can use a GPS detection tool to know if someone is faking their location. Such tools perform a GPS data analysis and determine the authenticity of a location.
Ans: Yes, with your phone number, your location along with your other personal information can be found out.
With the help of the above methods and location spoofing apps, you can now easily traverse between multiple locations digitally from the comfort of your home. Applications like the ones mentioned above are great for fooling multiple online platforms and access updates, perks, and content that is otherwise restricted in your region. Although location spoofing is legal and fairly an easy process, you must not do it unless it is absolutely necessary.