Every car nowadays comes with built-in speakers so that the car driver, as well as the passengers, can play music and enjoy their journey. The car manufacturers install a basic sound system in the car so that it can get the job done. However, such a basic sound system is not suitable for car owners who are very particular about sound quality. There are many car owners who prefer strong bass and superior sound quality. That is why there is a need to purchase external car speakers for bass and sound quality.
When it comes to buying car speakers, there are several parameters you have to check so that you can purchase the perfect speaker that can deliver sound as per your requirements. You should check the following parameters when buying car speakers for bass and sound quality.
- Peak Power – The peak power of your speaker refers to the maximum power level that your speaker is capable of handling. When you play loud music, there are short bursts of power levels that are high. Unless your speaker is equipped to handle such a spike in power levels, the sound quality will be bad, and the device can get damaged in the short run. Therefore, you should look for peak power and opt for a speaker with a high peak power value.
- Frequency Range – When you are looking for a speaker for strong bass, you have to check its frequency range. The bass effect generally falls in the lower frequency range starting from 60Hz to 250Hz. If your speaker does not have bass range within its frequency response range, the bass effect will not be strong. Hence, watch for speakers for bass whose frequency range starts from 60Hz.
- Cone Material – The cone of a speaker produces the vibration to create audio waves. Naturally, the material of the cone can determine its performance. The material should have stiffness, low density and internal damping properties. There are plastic, paper, glass fiber, and even metal cones. Polypropylene cones are more popular and standard in car speakers.
Apart from these, there are several other properties and parameters you need to check in order to purchase the speakers that can deliver high performance. Hence, we have picked the best car speakers for bass and sound quality. We have reviewed them and listed their features, benefits, and drawbacks. You can also go through the detailed “Buying Guide” section so that you can judge the products and pick the best speaker for your car.
- Best Car Speakers for Bass and Sound Quality 2022
- Best Car Speakers for Bass and Sound Quality Reviews
- Buying Guide For Best Car Speakers For Bass and Sound Quality
- Car Speakers – FAQs
Best Car Speakers for Bass and Sound Quality 2022
|Car Speakers for Bass and Sound Quality
|Woofer Cone Material
|JBL Car Speaker
|53 - 21kHz
|Check On Amazon
|Rockford Fosgate Car Speaker
|Check On Amazon
|Pyle Car Speaker
|60 Hz - 20 kHz
|Check On Amazon
|KICKER Car Speaker
|30 Hz - 20,000 Hz
|Check On Amazon
|DS18 Car Speaker
|125Hz - 12KHz
|Check On Amazon
|Skar Audio Car Speaker
|45 Hz - 20,000 Hz
|Check On Amazon
|Pioneer G-Series CoaPIONEER Car Speaker
|35 Hz - 31,000 Hz
|Check On Amazon
|BOSS Car Speaker
|100 Hz to 18 kHz
|Check On Amazon
Best Car Speakers for Bass and Sound Quality Reviews
JBL is one of the most popular speaker brands, and everyone knows how great the sound quality of their speakers is. JBL GTO629 Premium 6.5-Inch Co-Axial Speaker is the best car speaker from JBL in terms of superior bass and sound quality. Even though they have the regular 6.5-inch size, the carbon-injected have larger cones for more bass.
The unique UniPivot tweeter throws out sound waves aiming at your ears so that the sound quality is realistic irrespective of the placement of the speakers. Moreover, you can adjust the dual-level volume of the tweeter for better sound quality as per personal preference. The impedance of the speaker stands at 3-ohm and lower impedance delivers higher bass smoothly. The speaker delivers up to 180-watt of peak power which delivers strong sound quality.
The audio output mode is stereo for lifelike audio. Besides, the superior crossover components deliver high and low sound notes to the speaker for clear output. The speakers have a carbon-composite, non-magnetic frame for the durability of the speakers even in harsh environments. The speakers have 2 inches mounting depth, 5-1/16 inches of cutoff diameters and 6-1/4 inches of external diameters for better stability.
- Power range of 25-180 watts produces powerful sound.
- Plus One woofer cone delivers strong bass like large speakers.
- Superior frame for durability and stability in different conditions.
- UniPivot tweeter delivers a more real life-like sound.
- Produces clear, stronger sound with higher bass.
- Perfect match for factory-amplifier power levels.
- Suitable for off-road rides and bumpy roads.
- The bass effect could have been better.
Rockford Fosgate is a popular brand in the speaker manufacturing industry. The company is renowned for its innovative audio products that deliver high-quality sound experience to the users. Rockford Fosgate R165X3 car speaker is a full-range car speaker where all the necessary components are included in the package.
It is a 3-way car speaker which means it generates sound individually from its woofer, midrange driver, and silk dome tweeter. This ensures high-quality sound experience in comparison to OEM speakers in your car. The nominal impedance stands at 4-ohm which is quite standard for a car speaker. The peak power is 90 watts which is great for handling short bursts without blowing.
The RMS power handling stands at 45 watts which means the speaker is quite powerful. The 6.5-inch speaker has a sensitivity of 91dB which makes the speaker sound louder. You will get two speakers in the package along with grills for protection and sturdiness. Besides, you will get the mounting hardware and the speakers have 2.15-inch mounting depth. The polypropylene cones ensure low distortion and the speaker is a perfect replacement for factory speakers.
- 3-way coaxial speakers ensure better sound output.
- 90-watt peak power delivers a powerful sound experience.
- Full-range speakers have all the necessary items included.
- High RMS power handling and sensitivity for better sound quality.
- Includes grills for better look and protection.
- Polypropylene cones repel moisture for low distortion.
- Woofer, silk dome midrange, and tweeter available.
- The peak power could be higher for louder sound.
Pyle is another renowned brand in the audio system manufacturing industry. The company has been delivering outstanding devices for car and home audio. If you are looking for the best car speakers for bass from Pyle, Pyle 6.5 Inch Mid Bass Speaker System is what you need.
The speaker system belongs to GEARX series where innovative speakers are designed for extraordinary output. The mid-bass woofer has a frequency range of 60 to 20kHZ that covers a wider sound spectrum. It can deliver loud but detailed notes for a smooth and clear audio experience. The peak power of the speaker stands at 300 watts while the impedance is 4 ohms.
The 1-inch aluminum voice coil withstands excessive heat and maintains the structure integrity. Besides, it ensures rich sound output and negligible distortion. The speaker system has Cadmium Polypropylene cone for stiffness. Besides, the speakers have a rubber surround cover for durability. The brand also offers a 30-day money back guarantee on the product.
- Mid bass woofer delivers a loud but smooth sound.
- Powerful voice coil for rich sound experience.
- Specially engineered design for high performance.
- Wide frequency range with low impedance.
- Eye-catching yellow CD Polypropylene cone.
- Low distortion and high-temperature tolerance.
- Special rubber surround cover for long life.
- Fitting of the speaker in rear doors can be an issue.
The KICKER DS coaxial speakers stand as a choice for those seeking an audio upgrade in their car. It has been producing high-quality car audio systems and speakers for over 4 decades.
These speakers give you a clear and sharp sound no matter how loud or soft you want it. Even with using them every day, these speakers have stayed strong.
They always give out awesome sound, no matter how much you use them. Installing them is easy, underscoring their user-friendly nature. It has a Special Feature that is High-Resolution Audio for exceptional sound quality.
- Clear and crisp at any volume.
- Lasts long and tough for daily use.
- Good sound without breaking the bank.
- Simple and quick installation for user ease.
- Clear and crisp sound even at high volume.
- Handles demanding music genres effectively.
- Durable and long-lasting for daily use.
- Affordable, offering value for money.
- Easy to install, user-friendly.
- Lacks detailed technical specifications
- Limited mention of specialized features
DS18 is a brand that is specialized in manufacturing audio devices suitable for vehicles. DS18 6.5″ Audio Door Speakers for Car happen to be the best-rated car speakers from the brand. The speakers are capable of producing stereo surround sound effects efficiently.
The most important part of the speakers is its midrange driver that makes the vocal and musical part sound great. The driver is also responsible for producing clear audio for different spectrums of sound waves. The speakers have 500W peak power along with 250W RMS power which enables them to cover a wide range of audio effectively.
The 1.5-inch Kapton voice coil of the speakers can withstand high temperature, and the bullet dust cover enhances the durability of the speakers. The frequency range is 125Hz to 12kHz while the sensitivity stands at 94dB. The bullet resonator in the cone enhances the sound output quality. You will also find a black stamp steel basket for the protection of the speakers after mounting.
- Outstanding midrange driver for superior sound quality.
- High peak and RMS power ensure better sound delivery.
- Kapton voice coils can withstand high temperatures.
- Balck paper woofer cone for longer durability.
- Bullet resonator for better range of audio spectrum.
- Dust cover and steel basket for protection.
- High sensitivity makes the speakers better for loud sound.
- The frequency range is relatively shorter.
Skar Audio is a dedicated audio brand of car audio systems starting from speakers to amplifiers. If you are looking for high bass in your car speakers, you can replace OEM speakers with Skar Audio 6.5″ Elite Coaxial Car Speakers. The 2-way speakers are capable of producing surround sound experience for the users.
The frequency range of the speakers is 45Hz to 20kHz which ensures proper sound reproduction for all sound notes. The peak power stands at 200 watts while RMS power is at 100 watts for continuous delivery of amazing sound. The 1-inch silk dome tweeter produces an upper range of sounds effectively.
The sensitivity of the speakers is at 89dB which is slightly lower than the standard 90dB for car speakers. The 1-1/4 inch copper voice coil delivers superior performance and enhances lifespan. The speakers have a glass fiber cone along with a ferrite motor for accurate and precise sound reproduction.
- Outstanding tweeter for loud but smooth sound.
- Superior design for deep bass while clear treble.
- Glass fiber cones enhance stiffness and lower
- Copper voice coils make the air vibrate
- Accurate and crisp sound reproduction.
- Responsive motor design for precise sound.
- No need for an extra tweeter or amplifier.
- The customer service is not up to the mark.
Pioneer is a leading audio speaker brand in the world and they have been producing high-performance speakers consistently. Pioneer 6-1/2″ G-Series Coaxial Car Stereo Speakers is the best car speakers that you can opt for if you want high-quality sound output. The speakers belong to the full-range and stereo audio output category.
The peak power is 300 watts for each speaker which is good enough for occasional bursts. The RMS power stands at 40 watts for each speaker which is not that impressive for amplified output. The polypropylene cone does not absorb moisture and causes low distortion. On top of that, the speakers have a rubber-coated cover for durability.
The frequency range is 31Hz to 18kHz which covers a wider audio spectrum and produces detailed sound waves. The impedance is at 4 ohms which is the standard in card speakers. The sensitivity is 89dB which is slightly lower than most of its competitors. But the patented Spider suspension system enhances sound reproduction and delivers superior sound quality. In the package, you will find a pair of Alphasonic earbuds.
- Patented suspension system brings clear and high-quality sound.
- Decent peak power for handling louder sound smoothly.
- The soft and hard parts smoothen out the sound
- IMPP cone woofer reduces audio distortion.
- Surround rubber coating for balanced dome tweeter.
- Easy mounting and installation as well as swapping out.
- Includes a pair of powerful earbuds.
- The RMS power is on the weaker side.
BOSS is a premium audio speaker brand with a wide range of car stereo and speakers, amps and more. BOSS 4-inch Audio Systems Car Speakers deliver powerful sound output even though they are relatively undersized.
BOSS speakers have a polyurethane cone that produces great sound and enhances durability. The superior voice coil can withstand heat and keep its properties intact for consistently great output for continuous longer playtime. Besides, the surround rubber construction contributes to better sound delivery and durability. The superior piezoelectric tweeter can handle overloads without a crossover.
The speakers have stamped baskets to make them rigid and throw out clean and clear audio waves. The frequency range is 100Hz to 18kHz while the impedance is 4 ohms. Coming to the peak power, its maximum output power has 225 watt which is quite decent. The speakers come with a 3-year warranty for online purchase from Amazon.
- Polyurethane cones makes the speakers durable.
- Superior basket structure for clear sound delivery.
- Voice coil maintains its properties in all conditions.
- Tweeter resists overloads and works well without crossover.
- Superior surround rubber cone construction.
- Eye-catching blue LED illumination from the cone.
- Extended warranty on the product for online purchase.
- Relatively smaller size may not look great in your car.
Buying Guide For Best Car Speakers For Bass and Sound Quality
There are different types of car speakers available. Some of them are great for bass while others enhance the sound quality and listening experience. Even though we have selected the best car speakers for bass and sound quality, you have to judge which one is better for you.
For such a judgment, you should have enough idea about the technical specifications and buying parameters. Hence, we have put together this detailed buying guide containing all the important points you need to consider while purchasing car speakers.
1. Peak Power
When you check out a car speaker, you will come across two types of power specifications. They are RMS power and peak power. RMS power refers to the continuous power handling of a speaker that it generally uses. On the contrary, peak power is the maximum power level the speaker can handle.
Peak power is more important because there are going to be times when the speaker has to handle surges in power levels, especially when you love playing loud music. Your speaker should be equipped to handle such spikes. You should always be opting for car speakers with high peak power. Something in the range of 200 to 300 watts is really done.
2. Frequency Range
The frequency range of a speaker determines the wide selection of audio it can reproduce successfully. Different frequency ranges are responsible for different music sense such as bass, treble, and likewise. If you want bass in your speaker, you have to opt for a speaker that can respond well between 60 and 250 Hz. For treble, the range starts from 4KHz onwards.
Therefore, the wider the frequency range of the car speakers, the better the speakers will produce crisp and accurate audio. You have already understood that your speaker must support a range from 60Hz for the bass to be effective. The musical note for bass could be more prominent below 60Hz as well. If you love loud music, you should opt for speakers with the upper ceiling at 20kHz.
3. Cone Material
The cone produces vibration, and the material of the cone can determine how well it produces the vibration to create audio waves. Starting from plastic and glass fiber to paper and even metal, the cone material varies widely for car speakers. Different materials have different properties, and for the speaker cone, stiffness, low density, and internal damping. Ideally, cones should have high stiffness, low density, and internal damping to avoid unwanted frequencies.
The paper cones are rear as they retain moisture which may not be good. The plastic cones are better, and they are resistant to moisture and highly rigid. Polypropylene is the most commonly used thermoplastics in cones where all the properties are well-balanced. The metal cones are expensive though highly rigid and have low density. But there could be distortion due to flexing.
Impedance refers to the resistance to electrical signals in a speaker. It represents how difficult the speakers find to power up. The lower the impedance, the better will be the electrical signals generated by speakers. Ideally, car speakers have an impedance of 4 ohm, but if it is higher, it can interfere with sound reproduction and sound quality. More importantly, high impedance takes away the power of the speakers to produce heavy bass.
The sensitivity of a speaker determines the ability of the speaker to convert electrical signals to audio signals. The higher the sensitivity, the louder it can play music comfortably. The sensitivity rating of 88dB is considered average. Anything above 90dB is good enough for the speakers to produce loud sound comfortably and efficiently. In fact, the efficiency of a speaker to reproduce sound as the original sources is directly proportional to sensitivity.
Car Speakers – FAQs
1. Are car speakers worth upgrading?
Car manufacturers choose speakers that can produce normal sound quality so that no one complains widely about them. However, different car owners have different audio requirements, and hence, car speakers are totally worth it. This is because you are likely to spend a lot of time on your car, and the driving experience could be better with a better sound experience around you.
2. How do I choose bass speakers for my car?
You have to watch out for certain technical specifications such as frequency response range, power handling, sensitivity, and likewise. You have to also watch out for the construction like rubber surround, woofer cone material, and much more.
3. Do aftermarket car speakers sound better?
The factory car speakers are very basic in sound quality. Besides, they lack the perks that the music lovers crave for such as bass and treble. That is why aftermarket speakers tend to be better as some focus on bass and treble while others focus on better sound reproduction and enhancing sound quality.
There is no denying the fact that the speakers that come with the car do not perform as well as you expect. Different car owners have different requirements for their car speakers. For example, some owners prefer loud sound while others prefer outstanding sound quality with crisp output. That is why many car owners replace factory speakers with third-party car speakers.
If you are someone who prefers high bass and cares for high-quality sound, there are several compatible car speakers available. Choosing the perfect car speakers for bass and sound quality is not that easy. You have to understand the different technical aspects of a car speaker to judge if the speaker is suitable for you. That is why we have put forward the buying guide with all technical specifications well explained. If you still cannot pick the best car speakers, here are our top picks for you.
- If the bass is the only demand you have from your car speakers, you should opt for Skar Audio Car Speaker. You do not have to purchase any tweeter or amplifier separately. The speakers reproduce crisp and accurate sound and music. The wide range of frequency response covers the entire audio spectrum so that the sound listening experience is grand. It features copper voice coil and silk dome tweeter, and they add to the amazing sound output.
- If you are looking for a full-range car speaker, Rockford Car Speaker is our recommendation. It is a 3-way speaker whereby the woofer, midrange driver, and tweeter produce sound waves efficiently. The technical specifications such as impedance, peak power, power handling, as well as sensitivity are well balanced. The grills of the speakers ensure sturdiness, and you get the mounting hardware in the package.
- If you are looking for a car speaker for surround sound effect, Kicker Car Speaker are the best. There are two pairs of speakers available of different sizes and peak power. They create the perfect surround sound effect for a wide range of audio spectrum efficiently. The perfect combination of woofer, midrange, and tweeter delivers outstanding sound output.