Just like any other Operating Software, the WatchOS also experienced several issues and problems. Arguably, the most irritating problem faced by the users is that at one point or the other, they have seen that the Apple Watch is stuck in the Apple Logo.
The Black Screen of the Watch makes it an useless object which makes it annoying and necessary for the user to fix it as soon as possible. In this article, we have listed methods which will help you tackle such a situation. Read on to fix such issues quickly and easily.
- What Are The Reasons That the Apple Watch freezes On The Apple Logo?
- Best Methods To Fix The Apple Watch Stuck On Apple Logo Issue
- Method 1: Placing The Apple Watch On Your Magnetic Charger.
- Method 2: Giving Some Time For The Completion Of The Software Restore/Update.
- Method 3: Deleting The Software Update Data.
- Method 4: Restarting The Apple Watch.
- Method 5: Using The Application ‘Find My’ to Fix The Issue.
- Method 6: Hard Reset On The Apple Watch.
- Method 7: Updating The Software.
- Method 8: Erasing The Apple Watch.
- Method 9: Contacting Apple Support.
- Final Word
What Are The Reasons That the Apple Watch freezes On The Apple Logo?
There can be several reasons as to why your Apple Watch freezes. Firstly, it can be running with an older WatchOS version which might not be compatible with the new features of the watch. Then, there can be some software issues with the recently updated software or the existing software.
Moreover, there might be a water lock mode issue which occurs if you handle the watch when your hands are wet, oily or dirty. In the next section, we have tried to combat all these causes and listed methods to resolve the issue.
Best Methods To Fix The Apple Watch Stuck On Apple Logo Issue
We have tried to incorporate methods to fix the issue for both the WatchOS 7 or the latest version, WatchOS8. You can go trying from the first step as we have tried to arrange them in order from the easiest to most difficult. However, you can also skip to the most ideal solution owing to your problem.
Method 1: Placing The Apple Watch On Your Magnetic Charger.
The simplest way to fix the issue of the Apple watch stuck on the Apple Logo problem is to just place the watch on your magnetic charger. Usually, the watch will boot itself and the issue will be resolved automatically.
Method 2: Giving Some Time For The Completion Of The Software Restore/Update.
You might experience the Apple Watch on the Apple Logo issue just after you have updated the software of the WatchOS. If you are experiencing anything of this sort, there are high chances that it is just a post update glitch and the OS is just booting itself. You just need to give the watch its required time to come back to the normal settings. However, even after much time if the things are not returning to normalcy, then you should go for the other steps listed.
Method 3: Deleting The Software Update Data.
If time does not solve the concerned issue, then you should try to replace or remove the recently updated files. This concept might be very new for you. But it is possible to delete the updated files from your Apple Watch itself. You need to follow the steps given below:
- After opening the Watch application on your iPhone, you need to go to the “My Watch” option if it is not set as the default.
- Then, under General settings, go to Storage.
- Then, click on Software Update and then Select the ‘Delete’ option on the Updated File.
Method 4: Restarting The Apple Watch.
If you consult with anyone that you are facing some issue with the electronic device, they will come with the conventional question asking whether we tried turning it off or not. The quick restart is one of the easiest and quickest ways to find the solution to any kind of problem. This can be solved using the following steps.
- First, you need to do a long press on the side button of the Apple Watch. Then, you need to wait for the slider to appear on the screen
- After the slider appears, you need to drag the slider to power off the device.
- After some time, you can press the side button again to restart the device.
Method 5: Using The Application ‘Find My’ to Fix The Issue.
The ‘Find My’ application on the iPhone can be a lifesaver when facing the Apple Watch stuck on the Apple Logo issue. It is something that many people will be sceptical at first, but it has helped quite some users. You just need to follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Go to the ‘Find My’ application on the iPhone and click on the Devices option.
- Then, pull the handle of the Devices and see all the connected devices. After selecting the Apple Watch option, you can select Play Sound.
Method 6: Hard Reset On The Apple Watch.
Force Restart or Hard Reset is an effective way to fix any miscellaneous issues of the WatchOS.you just need to follow the steps given below.
- Press on the Side button and the Digital Crown for 5 seconds and wait till the watch reboots itself.
Method 7: Updating The Software.
After trying all the methods mentioned above, if the Apple Watch is still not going back to its default settings, you need to look for any kind of software updates available for your device. The updated software is most likely to fix bug issues, enhance the security and improve the performance. It is suggested to update the software as soon as you notice them and to do it, you just need to follow the steps given below.
- Select the ‘Watch’ app on the iPhone and then click on General after selecting My Watch.
- Then, select the Software Update option and download it. After that, install the updated software version.
Method 8: Erasing The Apple Watch.
If your Apple Watch is still working up, there is only one thing left to do. The Factory Reset might be your last resort. It works most of the time and is likely to solve all kinds of issues. So, you just need to follow the steps given below.
- On the iPhone device, you need to look for the ‘Watch’ app and select the General settings.
- Select the Reset option. Then, go to the Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings. Then, click on OK to confirm.
Method 9: Contacting Apple Support.
If all the DIY methods that are mentioned above have failed to solve all your problems, you need to either contact Apple Support or visit the nearest Apple Service Centre immediately. They will repair the watch or guide you with Troubleshooting steps as required.
We have listed all possible ways with which you can fix your Apple Watch if it is stuck on the Apple Logo. If you still have doubts or questions regarding the topic or suggestions regarding the article, write to us in the comments section below.