Twitch is a live streaming platform that allows gamers to share their experiences with the world. It is one of the most popular streaming services, with millions of viewers tuning in daily to watch their favourite streamers and content creators. Twitch offers a wide range of features for streamers and viewers, including chatrooms, interactive tools, and more. With its ever-growing community and innovative features, Twitch is sure to be a leader in the gaming industry for years to come.
To avoid interruption while watching their favourite streamers, people install adblockers. However, for some people, adblocker is not able to stop the ads while watching their favourite content creators. In this article, we will get into the problem and give you the solution to fix the adblocker not working on Twitch.
Why is AdBlock not Working on Twitch?
AdBlock may not work on Twitch for a few reasons. Twitch has implemented measures to detect and bypass AdBlock, making blocking ads difficult for the extension. Another possibility is that the version of AdBlock you are using needs to be updated and compatible with Twitch.
Additionally, some users have reported that AdBlock doesn’t work on Twitch when using the browser’s incognito or private browsing mode. In this case, you should enable AdBlock for those modes.
AdBlock may not work on Twitch for several reasons, including:
- Twitch has implemented measures to detect and bypass AdBlock: The website may have implemented methods to detect when users have AdBlock installed and will serve ads to them regardless.
- Outdated AdBlock version: If you are using an old version of AdBlock, it may not be compatible with the current version of Twitch.
- Incognito or Private browsing mode: Some users have reported that AdBlock doesn’t work on Twitch when using the browser’s incognito or private browsing mode. In this case, you should enable AdBlock for those modes.
- AdBlock not properly installed or configured: It’s possible that AdBlock wasn’t installed or configured correctly on your browser.
- AdBlock is not supported on Twitch’s mobile app: AdBlock is a browser extension. It may not be supported on the Twitch mobile app.
It’s worth noting that using AdBlock on Twitch or any website can negatively impact the creators and owners of the site, as ads are often how they make money to continue producing content.
Why Should I use an ad-blocker for Twitch?
By preventing obtrusive and irrelevant adverts that can break the video flow, an ad blocker for Twitch can enhance the viewing experience. It also helps to cut data use and avoid any security concerns associated with clicking on dubious adverts. However, ad-blockers may influence Twitch streams’ earnings, so if you choose to use an ad-blocker, consider supporting them in other ways.
How to fix AdBlock not Working on Twitch?
There are several ways to fix AdBlock not working on Twitch, including:
- Update your AdBlock: Make sure you have the latest version of the AdBlock extension installed.
- Change AdBlock settings: Look for an option to disable “acceptable ads” or whitelist Twitch.
- Change browser advanced settings: Disable browser extensions, disable the “Do Not Track” feature, and clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Try tweaking AdBlock extension settings: Some users have found success by disabling “acceptable ads” or whitelisting Twitch.
- Switch to an alternative extension: There are several alternative ad-blocking extensions available, such as AdGuard, HLS AdBlock, UMatrix, and others.
- Try an alternate player for Twitch.TV: Some users have reported better-ad-blocking results using alternate players such as Live streamer or VLC.
- Set filters on Twitch: Some users have found success by setting filters to block ads on Twitch.
- Use User-Agent Switcher: Change your browser’s user agent to a different browser or device to bypass ad-blocking detection.
- Use Brave Browser: Brave browser has a built-in ad-blocker that may work better on Twitch.
- Invest in Twitch Turbo: Twitch Turbo is a paid subscription service that removes ads from the Twitch website and app.
- Use a VPN: Some users have reported that using a VPN helps to bypass ad-blocking detection on Twitch.
What are the Best Adblockers for Twitch?
Several Adblockers can be used on Twitch. However, it’s worth noting that using Adblockers on Twitch or any website can negatively impact the creators and owners of the site, as ads are often how they make money to continue producing content.
Purple Ads Blocker: This is a browser extension that is specifically designed to block ads on Twitch which has a use-friendly interface.
- Video ad-block: This browser extension blocks video ads on Twitch and other streaming platforms, it’s lightweight and efficient.
- TTV Ad Eraser: This is a browser extension that blocks all ads on Twitch, including pre-roll video ads, banner ads, and sponsored ads.
- TTV LOL: This browser extension blocks ads and overlays on Twitch, and also has a feature that enables changing the player’s background.
It’s important to note that the use of these Adblockers may be against Twitch’s terms of service, and they may also cause issues that can negatively impact your browsing experience on Twitch.
In conclusion, AdBlock is a popular browser extension that blocks ads on websites, including Twitch. However, it’s worth noting that using Adblockers on Twitch or any website can negatively impact the creators and owners of the site, as ads are often how they make money to continue producing content.