If you are a DIY Electronics enthusiast, you would understand that creating your circuits would need a pristine and dedicated environment. While simple solder could be done on a soldering helping hand, it cannot be the base of your operations.
A soldering mat would solve most of your troubles as it would act as a single point of operations for everything you do. It would also act as a makeshift desk for soldering operations and a place where you would be storing most of your DIY soldering equipment and elements. Apart from being used for DIY projects, Soldering mats are widely used for crafts and repairing small electronics as well.
In this article today, we are going to list down and talk about all the Best Soldering Mat. we have curated this list on the basis of the following three important aspects
- Size of the mat: The first thing that you would look in a soldering mat would be the size of the mat. Soldering or repair mats come in various shapes and sizes. The width of the mats range from 250 mm to 350 mm whereas the length of the mats range from 350 mm to 500 mm as well
- Build material: The next yet foremost thing that you need to check is the material using which the tray is built on. This is important as you would be performing high-temperature functions on it and would not want the mat to end up burnt or damaged. For this, the perfect choice is antistatic silicone. This is temperature resistant and also very flexible in nature as well.
- Accessories tray: A soldering mat would be more of a soldering station, it is important that it is equipped with all the facilities to store our soldering or DIY equipment. These include holes and storing shelves in a hollow shape. The mat should have a central station pad for working on the soldering and around it, it should have various hollow facilities ranging from short shelves to large shelves to even small pincer-like holes for placing screwdrivers or screws.
- Safeties:Safeties in a soldering mat refer to the foldable nature of the mat and also, most importantly, having some magnetic potency to it. This magnetic potency or magnetic enhancement would hold together screws or other small and insignificant elements that might otherwise roll out or get out of the tray, therefore, is misplaced.
- Accessories: An additional factor that you might want to consider is the mat coming with accessories such as a ruler, the hollow shelves having lids that you can close on top of it and others as such. These would be a brilliant add on to the overall value of the mat and make your job of storing your small elements easier.
We have also included a few frequently asked questions at the end of the article, be sure to check them as well. Now without any further ado, let us jump in and review the list of the best soldering mats to buy.
Best Soldering Mats
|Size of the mat
|Kaisi Silicone Repair Mat
|21.6 inches x 13.8 inches
|Check On Amazon
|Ceatech Soldering Mat
|15.9 inches x 12 inches
|Check On Amazon
|Voniry Soldering Mat
|11.71 inches x 10.81 inches
|Check On Amazon
|Seaswal Soldering Mat
|13.8 inches x 9.8 inches
|Check On Amazon
|Lifegoo Silicone Repair Mat
|17.7 inches x 11.8 Inches
|Check On Amazon
|Kaisiking Soldering Mat
|21.6 inches x 13.8 Inches
|Check On Amazon
|Fstop Labs Soldering Mat
|18 inches x 12 inches
|Check On Amazon
7 Best Soldering Mats Reviews
First on our list is the Kaisi Heat Insulation Silicone Repair Mat. The mat comes in 3 different size options and this can be picked from 250 mm, 300 mm and 350 mm widths (with corresponding 350 mm, 450 mm and 550 mm lengths)
It has a considerable thickness of 0.17 Inches which is both slim yet great to work on. The mat is magnetized at areas to facilitate a magnetic free main work area. Out of the entire mat, only 3 areas are magnetised and this offers superior work area.
It has over 124 screw positions and multiple notches for classifying IC chips and small parts that would help in developing the efficiency of working and have a tidy working environment.
The repair mat is heat insulated and can resist temperatures as high as 500 degrees centigrade too ( 932 F) that would prevent any level of accidental burning on the board. Made out of high-quality silicone material, the mat can resist any corrosion or losing elasticity or shape. It has an anti-slip design to it which would let it stay in its place without any constant moving
- Great build quality made out of industrial-grade organosilicon material
- Can withstand temperatures up to 500 degrees centigrade
- Has a 0.17 inches depth
- Available in 3 sizes
- Has 124 screw position stations
- Multiple notches available for IC chip placements
- Magnetized in 3 areas
- Anti-slip design
- Flexible and durable
- Great reviews and ratings
- None too specific to mention
Next on our list is a magnetic silicone built electronic repair mat with a 15.9 inches x 12 inches large workspace. The Ceatech Soldering mat also comes a boxed up multi shelved model too (but with comparatively smaller work area) complete with closable lids and everything.
The mat has a total of 68 slots to store and hold small components such as screws and other elements mid repair. This helps you have a clean and tidy workplace all the time.
Made out of high-quality silicone material, the mat has heavy heat insulation and can even resist temperatures as high as 500 degrees celsius as well ( 932 degrees Fahrenheit). While it is powerful against fire, it is also smooth at the same time and prevents any kind of scratches as well.
The mat is also safe against weak acid or a weak alkaline as well. Non-toxic and odourless, the bottom of the mat is anti-slip and stays at a place until moved. It also comes with a quick response to customer support that provides a 100% customer satisfaction service
- 15.9 inches x 12 inches size
- 68 slots to store any small screws or elements of repair
- High-quality Silicone material with Magnetic properties
- Anti-slip and anti-acid properties
- Heat resistant against 500 degrees celsius
- Also available in lockable shelf model and non-magnetic model as well.
- Has a great customer support
- Could have included a ruler to the side
Next on our list is the Voniry Soldering mat which comes with a wide range of lockable shelves and boxes to store away key components such as screws etc.,
Starting off with the size of the mat, the repair mat has a very large 17.71 inches x 11.81 inches working area which would give you a very large room to work on. Out of the space, it has a great deal of boxed up shelves to store a lot of objects.
With the mat, you will have a 3 parts box for small losable parts and it has several screwdriver slots and magnetic notches for the classification of IC chips and many more. It also comes with a 36 cm long scale ruler for better usability.
Apart from these, it has a circuit board location area, a total of 124 screw position rooms, 2 tool supply boxes, 1 large tool room box, 4 small parts box and 3 magnetic boxes of storage.
This multifunctional mat is made out of high-quality heat-insulated silicone material that is non-toxic and can withstand a high temperature of 500 degrees celsius. It can block static electricity and also comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee as well.
- High-quality silicone mat with a large space of 17.71 inches x 11.81 inches
- Includes a 36 cm long rulers to the side
- Lid protection boxes included
- Comes with about 124 screw positions and as many as 8 boxes of storage
- Can withstand heat up to 500 degrees celsius
- Separate magnetic zones
- 100% Satisfaction guarantee
- None too specific to mention
Up next, we have a magnetic silicone soldering and repair mat with a 13.8 inches x 9.8 inches large workspace. The Seaswal Soldering mat has a typical mat design but is also available in a boxed-up multi shelved model too that is complete with closable lids.
This mat comes with a total of 115 slots to hold small components like mini-screws or resistors or capacitors etc., You can have a tidy workspace without a lot of complaints of loosing screws etc.,
The mat is made out of high-quality silicone material and comes with incredibly high heat insulation of 500 degrees celsius that amounts to about 932 degrees Fahrenheit. It has an anti-scratch workspace surface and an anti-slip bottom for stable ground.
It has a weak acid resistance and also alkaline resistance as well. It is non-toxic and does not have any odour and comes with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee as well.
- Patented design with a large 13.8 inches x 9.8 inches
- Total of 115 slots for small screws or other elements for storage
- Magnetic workspace with plenty of non-magnetic workspaces as well.
- Anti-acid and anti alkaline properties
- Anti-slip base
- Non-scratchable silicone material
- Can withstand about 500 degrees centigrade of heat.
- 100% customer satisfaction guarantee
- Could have included a ruler in it
Next on our list is the Lifegoo Heat insulation Silicone Repair mat that comes with a wide range of boxed up shelves and a decent workspace with a large mat size.
Starting off with the size of the mat, you have a large 17.7 inches x 11.8 inches mat that comes with an inbuilt inscribed ruler of the size 0 to 36 cm. The entire mat consists of 3 part boxes, 4 magnetic work areas, 124 screw positions and 42 spare unit spaces and a total of 15 notches. These are highly useful in the classification of various small parts. They help in improving the organizing of the workspace and also improve your work efficiency.
The mat has great heat insulation to it and works as an ideal work station of small repairs and DIY projects. The high grade of silicone used has a non-toxic build, an anti-skid surface, retardant that can resist heat up to the typical 500 degrees centigrade (932 degrees Fahrenheit) and it is also non-corrosive.
Flexible and highly durable, the mat comes with a great 24 hours customer service team as well. The mat is also available in a smaller size for a lesser price tag as well.
- Food grade silicone with a 17.7 inches x 11.8 inches surface area
- 124 screw positions
- 42 spare unit spaces
- 15 IC notches
- 3 part boxes
- 4 magnetic work areas
- Inscribed ruler
- 500 degrees centigrade heat resistance
- 24 hours of customer service
- None found
Next on our list is the Kaisiking K180 kit, a silicone made 4 pieces large soldering mat set that has anti-static magnetic properties and a very large workspace. Also, this happens to be one of the few soldering mats that come with a year-long warranty period.
Starting off with the size of the mat, the soldering work station has a 21.6 inches x 13.8 inches in total size. It has a total of 18 notches for each part classification and a total of 3 pieces in magnetic properties as work stations.
On the mat, you can hold up to 124 screw positions and with its 500 degrees centigrade high heat insulation make it a formidable workstation. The bottom of the mat is anti-slip and its flexible design, anti-corrosive nature and anti-scratch nature make it a desirable choice.
The K 180 kit comes with a bunch of freebies such as an ESD Wrist Strap (Electro Static Discharge) and two ESD Tweezers for smoother functionality. There are other versions of the board such as the K 140 kits that come with 6 pieces of solder assist tools such as mini brushes or screwdrivers etc.,
Non-toxic and having a great build, the soldering mat comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase.
- High-quality silicone build material
- 124 screw positions
- Non-Toxic, anti-slip and non-corrosive flexible mat
- Freebies include an ESD Wrist strap and also two ESD Tweezers as well.
- 500 degrees of heat insulation
- Inscribed ruler to the side
- 1 Year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase
- None to mention
Finally on our list is a Kotto Anti-static ESD Safe magnetic soldering mat. With a really colourful scheme and an aesthetically pleasing design, the Kotto mat comes with a repair tool kit included in it as well.
Let us start off with the mat. As mentioned, this mat is anti-static and ESD safe all while having 4 different magnetic areas of coverage. It spans an area of 18 inches x 12 inches in size.
It has a total of 124 screw positions, 42 spare units and 15 IC notches. It has 3 part boxes with lid covers and all of these specs make it a great way to have a uniformed and tidy workstation.
The mat has a 500 degrees centigrade and also includes a 36 cm large ruler inscribed to the side of the mat as well. Coupled with that are the anti-slip design and anti-corrosive nature of the mat as well.
Along with the mat, the package also comes with a set of repair tools to aid further in the repair and work. These tools include a selection set of 8 different Screwdrivers kit. It also comes with an Anti Static Grounding Wire as well. It also has a blow dust ball in order to remove the magnetic dust off the mat.
- Comes with an 18 inches x 12 inches size
- 124 Screw positions
- 42 spare units and 15 iC notches
- 3 part boxes with lids
- 500 degrees centigrade heat insulation
- 36 cm long ruler inscribed to the size
- Includes a set of 8 different screwdrivers in it
- Anti Static Grounding Wire
- Blow dust ball included
- None specific to mention
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is a Soldering Mat?
Ans: A soldering mat is a makeshift workstation that protects your work table from any possible damage that is caused due to the excessive heat or scratches or other damages.
2. Are all silicone mats anti-static in nature?
Ans: Not all silicone mats are anti-static. While they are not always anti-static, most of the modern mats come with the anti-static nature to support the electrical working nature of DIY projects.
3. Are silicone mats heat resistant?
Ans: A silicone mat is made to be able to withstand heat and works to protect the surface from any direct burning or heat
4. Why is it important to use an ESD mat?
Ans: An ESD mat has two functions. One is to dissipate the static electricity that is generated by objects and the other is to prevent the build-up of any static while you are working with electrical or electronic equipment on the mats.
5. How do you use an antistatic wrist strap?
Ans: To use an anti-static wrist wrap, all you need to do is pick the wrap part touching the skin. Make sure that you have turned off the power supply while doing this.
Summing it up, the Kaisi Heat Insulation Silicone repair mat wins our list of being the best soldering mat you can buy online. It wins the list on the merit of its large 21.6 x 13.8 inches size, 0.17 inches thickness, 3 magnetised work areas, 124 screw positions, 500 degrees centigrade heat insulation, ascribed up a ruler and anti-slip design.
While these were our picks, we are intrigued by your picks and choices. Did we miss out on any list or do you want us to add or remove anything? If so, feel free to write to us in the comments section and our team will write back as soon as possible.