Dehumidifiers or air purifiers are certainly a quality-of-life upgrade, especially if you live in a humid environment with polluted air surrounding your house. Dehumidifiers, as the name suggests, reduce the humidity levels in the air. It makes the environment less sweaty inside your house. Purifiers on the other hand are more important as they make the air breathable and remove many different types of toxins, bacteria, and impurities from the air. If you don’t have either of these products, you can go for a dehumidifier and air purifier combo and get the functionalities of both units in one. Here are some important things that will let you select the right option for your house.
- Device Capacity: There are many different options available for dehumidifiers and air purifiers that are designed for different room sizes. You can find the capacity of a unit mentioned within their description. The capacity is usually provided in sq. ft. units and it should be equal to the actual square footage area of the room where you will place the unit, if not higher.
- Tank Capacity: Unlike dedicated air purifiers, dehumidifiers come with a dedicated tank on the inside which collects the moisture removed from the surrounding air. To avoid the moisture getting mixed with the air again, it is stored in these tanks. Naturally, high-capacity dehumidifiers will be able to collect more moisture and won’t require frequent emptying of the water tank. But if the moisture levels in your room are already low, a low-capacity tank would do the job.
- Warranty: Units like a dehumidifier and air purifier combos are quite expensive. So if you want to make sure that you are buying a reliable option, you should carefully check the warranty period allotted by the brand on the unit. Units with a longer warranty period are usually equipped with high-quality internal components that don’t cause any problems.
Instead of investing in 2 different units, we will highly recommend going with a single dehumidifier and air purifier combo as they offer the functionalities of both units at once. It allows you to get a fresh and healthy environment in your home or office in a short amount of time. In this guide, you will find the best options for a dehumidifier and air purifier combo that will surely suffice for your needs. And if you want to know more about these units, take a look at our “Buying Guide” or the best dehumidifier and air purifier combo.
Best Dehumidifier And Air Purifier Combo 2023
|Dehumidifier And Air Purifier Combo||Air Purifier Capacity||Tank Capacity||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Midea Dehumidifier and Air Purifier||4,500 Sq. Ft||0.8 Gallons||1 Year||Check On Amazon|
|Amazon Basics Dehumidifier and Air Purifier||4000 Sq. Ft||1.5 Gallons||---||Check On Amazon|
|Tenergy Dehumidifier and Air Purifier||200 Sq. Ft||0.2 Gallons||2 Years||Check On Amazon|
|Afloia Dehumidifier and Air Purifier||438 Sq. Ft||0.5 Gallons||2 Years||Check On Amazon|
|AAfloia Dehumidifier and Air Purifier||200 Sq. Ft||0.2 Gallons||2 Years||Check On Amazon|
|THECOSKY Dehumidifier and Air Purifier||420 Sq.Ft||0.4 Gallons||---||Check On Amazon|
Best Dehumidifier And Air Purifier Combo Reviews
Midea is a wildly popular brand for home appliances, especially for quality-of-life upgrades such as air conditioners, refrigerators, and other portable devices. If you are looking for a premium range dehumidifier, this is a perfect choice.
In the 1st place, we are putting the Midea Dehumidifier with an Air Filter. This is an energy-star certified unit that ensures low running cost which is important for such high-capacity devices. The Midea Dehumidifier with an Air Filter offers around 4500 sq. ft. coverage area which is the maximum you can get from any option on this list. And to ensure it is suitable for such a large application, it also includes a 0.8 gallons built-in tank to contain the moisture.
There are many innovative features implemented on the Midea Dehumidifier with an Air Filter that you would mostly find on premium options. Most importantly, it has an auto-restart function that maintains the air quality even after frequent power cuts. For maximum performance, you can enable the turbo mode that operates the fans at maximum speed. The modern design aspect of this dehumidifier makes it a perfect option for living rooms.
- Offers 4,500 Sq. Ft air purification capacity
- Comes with a 0.8 gallons tank capacity
- Backed by a 1-year warranty period
- Best option for large rooms
- Modern design aspect
- Energy-star certified dehumidifier
- Expensive choice for small rooms
Experience the incredible benefits of the high-performance dehumidifier, designed to improve your living space. It has the power to transform your living space, providing unmatched comfort. With its impressive coverage of up to 4000 square feet and the ability to remove 50 pints of moisture, it effectively controls humidity levels.
The convenience of continuous draining and a timer feature simplifies operation and maintenance. Even during colder temperatures, the auto-defrost function ensures optimal performance. It keeps humidity between 45-55%, preventing mold and musty odors. Cleaning is easy with the reusable filter.
The sleek design seamlessly fits into my home decor, and the quiet operation ensures a peaceful environment. Plus, it’s Energy Star certified, so it’s energy-efficient and helps me save on utility bills.
Transform your living environment with this reliable dehumidifier, creating a healthier and more comfortable space for everyone.
- Offers 4000 Sq. Ft air purification capacity
- Comes with a 1.6 gallons tank capacity
- Backed by a 1-year warranty period
- Impressive coverage for large-sized rooms and basements.
- High capacity effectively removes excess moisture.
- Convenient continuous draining and timer features.
- Smart dehumidification maintains ideal humidity levels.
- Auto-defrost function ensures optimal performance in colder temperatures.
- Reusable filter for easy cleaning.
- No indication of energy efficiency rating.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a small and cheaper alternative for a * unit, take a look at the following option from Tenergy. Tenergy is also a similarly popular brand for such appliances, especially under an affordable budget range.
In 2nd place, we have the cheapest * unit from our picks. The Tenergy Sorbi Dehumidifier is a 1000 ml unit that also includes air purification features for 2-in-1 functionality. Even though this is a budget option, it still offers a true HEPA filter which ensures the best air filtration performance. And as this is a compact unit measuring about 12.4 x 8.5 x 7.7 inches, you can easily relocate the unit to any room you want.
As for dehumidification, the Tenergy Sorbi Air Dehumidifier promises nearly 750 ml of moisture removal every 24 hours. But to maintain the form factor, Tenergy has only included 0.2 gallons internal tank on this unit. It also features auto-shutoff functionality if dehumidification is not required. You will also find a touch panel on the Tenergy Sorbi Air Dehumidifier, allowing you to adjust multiple parameters like airspeed and mode of operation.
- Offers 200 Sq. Ft air purification capacity
- Comes with a 0.2 gallons tank capacity
- Backed by a 2-year warranty period
- Features a touch control panel
- Weighs only 6 lbs
- 22 cubic feet per minute airflow capacity
- Comes with a True HEPA filter
- Coverage area might not be sufficient for large rooms
Afloia is also presenting a highly reliable * unit on our list. This is also one of the budget options that features the best specifications for home installations.
Our 3rd choice for the best * is the Afloia 2-in-1 HEPA Air Purifier. Unlike most other options, the Afloia 2-in-1 HEPA Air Purifier offers a humidification feature that is necessary for a warm and dry environment. It consists of 3 stage H13 filters along with the HEPA filter to remove almost all contaminants from the surrounding air. This is also a compact and quiet air filter measuring about 7.68 x 7.68 x 21.85 inches in size.
As for the coverage area, the Afloia 2-in-1 HEPA Air Purifier can be installed on 438 sq. ft area rooms for best performance. Every hour, this unit is capable of filtering the surrounding air up to 5 times within a 219 sq. ft. region. Another special feature of the Afloia 2-in-1 HEPA Air Purifier is that it can be used as a night light too. There are 3 light modes available on this air purifier that lets you create the most pleasing sleeping environment in your room.
- Offers 438 Sq. Ft air purification capacity
- Comes with a 0.5 gallons tank capacity
- Backed by a 2-year warranty period
- Added functionality of a night light
- Multi-purpose air filter
- Features the functionality of a humidifier
- FCC, ETL, and RoHS certified unit
- Not the best option for moist regions
Lastly, we will talk about yet another high-performance air dehumidifier and filter from Afloia. This is also a highly reliable choice from budget range options that are great for long-term usage.
The Afloia Q10 Home Dehumidifier and Air Purifier is yet another high-quality combo device from our list. This is also a premium choice that ensures the highest level of air purification and dehumidification. The Afloia Q10 Home Dehumidifier and Air Purifier is a perfect choice for up to 215 sq. ft room size. You can use the filtration and dehumidification features combined, or separately as per your wish. For air filtration, this unit utilizes an H13 HEPA filter for the best filtration quality. It is capable of removing as small as 0.1-micron pollutants from the air.
Despite being a large unit, the Afloia Q10 Home Dehumidifier and Air Purifier offer a rounded design that won’t look too odd in your living room. It offers single-click functionality along with a built-in timer function allowing you to adjust auto-shutoff after 2, 4, or 8 hours of the active period. There is a 0.8 gallons tank present on the Afloia Q10 Home Dehumidifier and Air Purifier, collecting nearly 750 ml of moisture per day via the dehumidification process.
- Offers 215 Sq. Ft air purification capacity
- Comes with a 0.2 gallons tank capacity
- Backed by a 2-year warranty period
- Features one-touch functionality
- Great design and functionality
- High-quality air purification
- Ultra-quiet air purifier
- Very compact coverage area
THECOSKY Dehumidifier takes away extra moisture in the air, making your home comfier and healthier. One of its notable features is its moisture removal capability, eliminating up to 700-800ml of water daily. By doing so, it creates an environment that is not only comfortable but also conducive to better health.
Plus, it has a special filter grabbing tiny things like dust, pet fur, and smoke in the air. It’s like having a little helper keeping the air you breathe clean and fresh.
Its ability to reduce humidity is vital, as excess moisture can lead to a thick and muggy atmosphere, conducive to mold and mildew growth. Furthermore, the unit’s automatic shut-off feature when the water reservoir is full ensures safety and worry-free operation.
- Effective moisture removal (700-800ml per day)
- Built-in HEPA filter for better air quality
- Low noise operation (35db on low setting)
- Automatic shut-off for safety
- Option for continuous operation with drain hose
- User-friendly controls
- Compact and portable design
- Efficient humidity reduction
- Improved air quality
- Home protection from excess moisture damage
- Suitable for small rooms
- Requires nearby drain for continuous operation
Buying Guide For The Best Dehumidifier And Air Purifier Combo
Both dehumidifiers and air purifiers are essential indoor accessories that maintain the air quality inside your house and make the environment healthier for everyone. With the increasing levels of pollution in the environment, air purifiers should be installed in every home which is close to a crowded street. On the other hand, you will need a dehumidifier in the monsoon season as the humidity levels in the air are quite high at that time.
But, what if we tell you that you can get both devices at once and program them to function as per your requirement? The dehumidifier and air purifier combo units are the answer to the question which is slowly becoming more and more popular in the market. If you want to take a look at the best options in the market for a dehumidifier and air purifier combo, simply check the list we have offered above. If you are not sure about one or more qualities of a dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit, take a look at our buying guide given right here.
1. Tank Capacity
Different dehumidifiers are equipped with different capacity tanks. As you may already know, dehumidifiers absorb the surrounding air, remove the moisture from the air, and release it back into the room. This removed moisture is stored in the tank. Thus, the built-in tank capacity is basically the limit of the dehumidifier to remove moisture from the air. If the tank capacity on your dehumidifier is too small and you are installing it in a particularly humid room, you might need to empty the water tank every couple of days to maintain its performance.
But, if you go with a large water tank capacity on your dehumidifier and air purifier combo, you won’t have to worry about emptying your tank over and over again. Even if you don’t find the large capacity tanks useful right now, you should still prefer that if you are planning to move the unit into a larger room or different environment, just to be on the safe side.
2. Ease of Usage
One major factor of a dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit is its ease of usage. Before you buy the unit, you need to consider the fact that it is going to be used by everyone in your house. It may include children as well as elderly folks that aren’t too inclined to learn complicated control options. When it comes to a dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit, you will find some options a little difficult to use compared to others.
The difficult controls are usually observed on advanced models with a large set of features. But still, a lot of companies nowadays are offering smart control options for the dehumidifier and air purifier combo units that can operate on their own without any manual input with the help of sensors. Some options can also be controlled with a mobile app that allows you to schedule the functioning of the device at a particular time. These options, despite being slightly expensive, will be the perfect choice for home installations.
3. Coverage Area
The coverage area also differs from one device to another when it comes to a dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit. Basically, the coverage area of a dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit ensures the area of effect possible for the unit. It encompasses both the dehumidification and air purification quality of the unit. In general, the coverage area of the unit has to be equal to or greater than the room where you are gonna place the unit.
Since all dehumidifier and air purifier combo models feature the coverage area within their specifications list, it should not be a problem to find the perfect option for your room. If the dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit has a larger coverage area, it would still be a suitable option for a comparatively smaller room. But, it cannot be the same for the other way around. If the coverage area of the dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit is not as large as the room itself, you won’t notice its performance in the other corner of the room. It will also take longer to create a nice and comfortable environment in your house.
The overall performance of an air purifier depends upon the filter installed in it which purifies the incoming air. If the filters aren’t as effective, you won’t notice much of a difference in terms of air quality even after hours of air purifications. You should pay extra attention to the filter if you live near a crowded street or desert area where there are a lot of impurities in the air that cannot be filtered by basic filters.
A lot of premium-grade air-purifiers and dehumidifiers have HEPA filters that can trap almost all types of impurities and offer the best quality air. Therefore, make sure you are getting a HEPA filter in the dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit you are buying, especially if you are going for a premium choice.
Dehumidifier and Air Purifier – FAQs
1. Do I need both: an air purifier and a dehumidifier?
Ans: The answer to the question relies on the location of your house or office and its surrounding environment. If you are feeling the surrounding air is impure, you will certainly need an air purifier to maintain the quality of the air around you as well as your health. But if you are also feeling sweaty and nauseous in your home or office, it can be the result of excessive humidity levels in the air. It can be resolved by buying an additional air dehumidifier for the room. Or, you can simply go with a dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit that offers the functionality of both.
2. Where should I install the dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit?
Ans: The dehumidifier and air purifier combo units are designed to be used anywhere in the house. But, you should keep these units where they can have a large coverage area. If you keep the unit in your bedroom or kitchen, you probably won’t be able to notice its performance if you are spending more time in your living room. These units are also a great choice to install in rooms where there is a restricted flow of natural air, such as in your basement. While your standard air conditioning unit can take care of the air quality in your living room or bedroom, a dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit will offer an ideal air quality in your basement.
3. Do I need a smart dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit?
Ans: Smart alternatives for home conditioning devices usually do not offer much of a difference in terms of coverage area or performance. The only major difference between a basic dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit and a smart one is the accessibility. If you are sure that you are the only one who is going to control the dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit, then you can go with a basic option without any problem. However, smarter alternatives offer automated functionality based on built-in sensors or user-created schedules. These features will simply make your life easier in the long run.
You must be familiar with health hazards caused by impure air, especially in this era where the pollution levels are at an all-time high. Breathing in such air can introduce problems like asthma or lung problems which can be severe for children or old folks. On the other hand, an unnecessarily humid environment is also not an ideal living condition as it causes unnecessary sweating and an unpleasant environment. To take care of both problems at once, we have offered you the list of the best dehumidifier and air purifier combo options available on the market right now. If you are interested in knowing the qualities and specifications of these units in detail, check out our buying guide for the best dehumidifier and air purifier combo units. We also have a few recommendations lined up for you for a quicker selection.
- If you want a large coverage capacity for your dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit, then the Midea Dehumidifier and Air Purifier is the only suitable option for you. It offers around 4500 sq. ft. coverage capacity which is good enough for your entire house if you place it at the center of your home. On top of that, it also has a 0.8 gallons capacity tank which won’t require frequent cleaning and maintenance. Even though it is a rather large unit, it features an attractive design that will suit the decor of your living room.
- On the other hand, it would not be a good idea to invest in an overly expensive dehumidifier and air purifier combo unit for a small room. For such installations, the Tenergy Dehumidifier and Air Purifier will be the right choice. Despite being a cheaper option, it has a built-in HEPA filter for offering the highest air quality after purification. You also get an auto-shutoff feature that saves electricity when the purification or dehumidification of the room is not required. Since it is a small unit, it offers an ultra-quiet performance which is preferred by many.
- Lastly, we will recommend going with the AAfloia Dehumidifier and Air Purifier since it is one of the most reliable options on our list. It also offers many premium-grade features like a built-in HEPA filter, ultra-quiet performance, and all that within a highly portable design. It has a 0.2 gallons tank capacity which is perfect for small rooms. The air filtration function on the Hysure Home Dehumidifier with Air purifier manages to remove about 99.96% of impurities from the air without any problem.