Do you know that MATLAB had around 1 million users across industry and academia in 2004? Now it might be doubled or 10 times more than that count. So, it is very important to know about MATLAB.
So coming to the matter directly, what is MATLAB?
MATLAB is short form for MATrix LABoratory. It is a fourth generation programming language and multi-paradigm numerical computing environment. MATLAB allows matrix manipulations, functions and data plotting, algorithms implementation, user interface creation, interfacing with programs written in other languages which include C, C++, Java, Fortran, etc. MATLAB is widely used in image processing, signal processing, academic and research institutions as well as industrial enterprises. Another important point is that most of the MATLAB users come from various backgrounds like science, engineering and economics.
We have already got good idea about the following engineering projects:
So, now we are publishing the top list of MATLAB projects for engineering students. This list includes image processing projects using MATLAB, MATLAB projects for ECE students, digital signal processing projects using MATLAB, etc. All these projects are collected from various resources and are very useful for engineering students. This list will be updated regularly.
You may write your queries and suggestions regarding this list in contact us page.
MATLAB Projects List:
- Embedded System Design and Implementation of an Intelligent Electronic Differential System for Electric Vehicles: This project presents a study on Electronic Differential System, a relatively new technology. It is used in electric vehicles for providing better balancing in curved paths. It is lighter in weight than mechanical differential and has an embedded system to supervise the electronics.
- Automated Car Parking Indicator System: Finding a parking spot in large parking lots is difficult for many drivers. Even though there are many models to solve this, the Automatic Car Parking System presented here could be used for efficient usage of parking space.
- Image Encryption Using Chaotic Based Artificial Neural Network: A new algorithm for image encryption and decryption is presented here using chaotic neural networks. The main objective of this project is to use Artificial Neural Network (ANN) in the field of cryptography.
- Application of Image Processing For Development of Automated Inspection System: A MATLAB based automated inspection system for industrial use is designed in this project. The concept of image processing is used for inspecting objects. Using this application, the pattern or geometry of an object can be detected.
- Using MATLAB to Measure the Diameter of an Object within an Image: Using this project, you can measure the size of an object in an image or a frame. This feature can be useful in developing computer vision applications where we do not have to take measurements manually or physically.
- Neural Network Based Image Encryption And Authentication Using Chaotic Maps: In this paper, the performance parameters of both steam level image encryption and block level image encryption are compared. Based on this, a simple authentication algorithm is developed to check whether the sender and the receiver are authenticated.
- High Gain DC-DC Converter with Dual Coupled Inductors: This project presents a novel approach for input-parallel output-series Boost Converter as a solution to High Voltage DC-DC Converters in industrial applications like electric vehicles, HID Lamps, Photovoltaic Cells and DC Backup Systems.
- A High Step Up Converter With A Voltage Multiplier Module For A Pv System: A High Efficiency Step-up Converter with Voltage Multiplier is proposed in this project for renewable energy systems. The Voltage Multiplier containing switched capacitor and coupled inductors, obtains high step-up gain.
- A High-Efficiency Mosfet Transformerless Inverter for Non-isolated Micro-inverter Applications: In this project, a single phase transformer less inverter using MOSFETs is designed for high efficiency. This inverter is designed for photovoltaic grid connected power generation systems.
- Automatic Vehicle Counting and Classification: Using various image processing techniques like Segmentation, Blob Detection, Frame Differentiation, etc. automatic vehicle counting and classification system is described here that can be used for advanced traffic monitoring and management.
- Area Efficient Design of Fir Filter Using Symmetric Structure: This design analysis aimed to implement an efficient area method for a FIR filter using transposed and symmetric structure. The proposed design is simulated in MATLAB software.
- A Hybrid Median Filter for Noise Removal in Digital Images: The main aim of this project is to remove impulse noises that cause corruption of images during storing and processing of captured images. So this project makes use of hybrid median filter in order to preserve the main image features.
- Fuzzified Particle Swarm Optimization : This project aims to design an optimized fuzzy logic controller with the use of particle swarm optimization for achieving greater extent of DC motor speed control.
- Brain Tumor Extraction from MRI Images Using MATLAB: This project is proposed to aid with medical image processing by strategically detecting and extracting brain tumor of from MRI scan images of brain using MATLAB software.
- Breast Cancer Detection using Image Enhancement Algorithm: This project describes enhancement of digital image processing technique for increasing the visual quality of mammogram images of breast cancer.
- Recognition of Vehicle Number Plate Using MATLAB: This approach presents a method for detecting and identifying the vehicle number plate for the detection of authorized and unauthorized vehicles. This project implements two methods namely plate location extraction and plate characters segmentation.
- Color and Texture Based Image Retrieval System: This proposed system demonstrates a faster image retrieval technique from the image database with the features like image color and texture. This image search method results are simulated using MATLAB software.
- Automation in High Speed Rail-Road Transportation: This project aims to design automatic control system for rail-road transportation system by implementing a PID feedback controller to achieve the desired speeds.
- Combined Economic and Emission Dispatch Using Evolutionary Algorithms: The objective of this system is to achieve efficient and optimum operation of electric power generation by minimizing both fuel cost and emission level with the use of lambda based approach.
- Analysis of DC-DC Converters for Renewable Energy System: This analysis simulation and experimental results illustrates the selection of DC-DC converter with transformer for desirable characteristics for electrolyser application. This design gives a regulated output which is free from ripples.
- Hearing Aid System for Impaired People: The main aim of this project is to develop a digital hearing aid system with noise cancellation methodology using adaptive filter. This also includes amplitude compression as well as frequency sharper functionalities.
- Modeling and Control of Temperature Process Using Genetic Algorithm: This project gives a different control tuning techniques that can be used to control a physical parameters modeled temperature process by implementing genetic algorithm.
- Analysis of CDMA Modem Using MATLAB: The main aim of this project is to simulate the CDMA modem using the method of direct sequence spread spectrum. This also includes BPSK modulation, real time processing of signal, generating spread spectrum, etc.
- Simulation Model of Hydro Power Plant Using MATLAB/Simulink: The main objective of this project is to present a generalized model of hydro power plant by simulating hydro turbine and synchronous generator for achieving some operating tests and operating modes.
- Rejection of Interference in Bluetooth Voice Transmission : This analysis investigates the interference issues in 2.4 GHz radio frequency spectrum wherein Bluetooth supports for both voice synchronous connection oriented and data asynchronous connection less packets.
- Inverse Data Hiding in a Classical Image by Using Scalable Image Encryption: The aim of this project is to implement highly secured image encryption and data hiding technique which facilitates independent retrieval system for image and data.
- JPEG Compressor Using MATLAB: This project uses JPEG algorithm technology to compress the image in order to reduce the size without any loss of the picture quality. This compression technique is implemented through DCT technique.
- Digital Image Confidentiality Depends upon Arnold Transformation and RC4 Algorithms: The main aim of this project is to enhance the digital image security by implementing digital image scrambling and digital image encryption using Arnold transformation and RC4 algorithms respectively.
- Hand Gesture Recognition Using PCA: This project proposes a hand gesture recognition system based on skin color model approach, threshold approach and Principal Component Analysis (PCA) methods. Test results are simulated in MATLAB software.
- A MATLAB Based Modeling of Hybrid Electric Vehicles : This project gives a model based analysis of hybrid electric vehicle architecture by loop analysis and hardware in loop methods using MATLAB simulation.
- Optimization of Wi-Fi Access Point Placement for Indoor Localization: This project investigates the issue of optimally placing Wi-Fi access points for indoor positioning applications by simulating annealing based method so that the deployment and operation costs are reduced.
- Neural Network Based Face Recognition Using MATLAB: This project proposes a method to measure image similarity by designing self-organizing map technique using artificial neural networks.
- Tracking of Multiple Body Parts of Interacting Persons: This project presents a method for tracking body parts of humans using multi-target multi-association tracking (MMT) and attribute relational graph (ALG) techniques.
- Anti-collision Algorithm for RFID Technology: This project aims to compare different methods that are used for implementing anti-collision algorithm to avoid collision whenever simultaneous transmission occurs in RFID communication technology.
- Back-Propagation Neural Network for Automatic Speech Recognition: The primary objective of this project is to implement automatic speech recognition system (ASR) by using back-propagation neural networks. This system uses MATLAB based feature recognition system to achieve ASR.
- Simulation of Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing Signaling: This project demonstrates one of the modulation techniques of wireless communication, namely Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) in multichannel paths. This will help to analyze some basic concepts related to it.
- Design and Simulation of Smart Antenna Array: This project aims to design and simulate a smart antenna array system based on adaptive beam forming and direction-arrival estimation methods so that it can diminish noise as well as increases signal to noise ratio.
- Design and Implementation of Butterworth, Chebyshev-I and Elliptic Filter for Speech Signal Analysis: In this project, three filters namely Butterworth, Chebyshev type-1 and Elliptic filters are designed in MATLAB software along with spectrum response and sampling rate for removing noise in speech signals.
- A MATLAB Based Simulator for Autonomous Mobile Robots: This project implements algorithm development of 2D indoor robot navigation by using MATLAB based simulator so that robots with different driving mechanism can be designed.
- Road Extraction Technique from Satellite Images: The main aim of this project is to design a road extraction algorithm for processing satellite images. This project is useful for urban planning and extraction of rural roads.
- Remote Radar Data Acquisition and Control Using CDMA RF Link: This project designed to implement a remote radar data acquisition and control unit to detect and track the remote radar via CDMA RF link. The test results are simulated by using MATLAB software.
- Automatic Train Operation and Control Using MATLAB: This project implements an automatic train stop system with signal checking, speed checking and obstacle sensing system. In addition to this, it also includes automatic train warning system.
- Detection of Abandoned Objects in Crowded Environments: This project proposes a framework to detect the abandoned objects by implementing an algorithm to capture and exploit the temporal flow of events of that object.
- Modeling and Simulation of Armature-Controlled DC Motor Using MATLAB: The main aim of this project is to implement relationship between speed and load torque of DC motor at different voltages. So the output response at different inputs of armature controlled motor is investigated in this article.
- Controlling of Device through Voice Recognition Using MATLAB: This project implements a speech recognition algorithm on MATLAB which verifies speakerÂ’s voice in order to access the services like voice based dialing, computer or database access services, etc.
- Control Design of Unified Power Flow Controller: This project aims to verify unified power flow controller model for the improved performance in power system using MATLAB software.
- Modeling and Simulation of Distribution Transformer for Analyzing Its Losses: This analysis aims to determine the losses of a distribution transformer under linear load. In addition to the losses due to linear load, losses that take place due to harmonic load current are also analyzed in this project.
- Power Quality Monitoring by Using S-Transform and Wavelet Transform: The main aim of this project is to characterize the disturbances that takes place on recorded voltage and current signals by using wavelet transform and S-transform methods.
- Multi-scale Edge-Based Text Extraction from Complex Images: This project proposes an algorithm which automatically detects and extracts the text in complex images. This design uses Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technique to extract the text.
- Transient Stability Analysis of Power System Using MATLAB: This project demonstrates the multi-machine system for the assessment of transient stability of a power system with help of simulink model in MATLAB.
- Simulation of Single Phase SPWM (Unipolar) Inverter: This project aims to simulate the design of single phase unipolar full bridge inverter by using Sinusoidal Pulse Width Modulation (SPWM) technique in MATLAB simulink.
- Doubly-Fed Induction Generator for Variable Speed Wind Energy Conversion Systems: In this project, a complete Doubly-Fed Induction Generator (DFIG) based wind turbine is modeled and simulated in the simulink environment of MATLAB software for analyzing various parameters while feeding AC power to the grid.
- Simulation of Extra High Voltage Long Transmission Lines: This project presents the simulation of extra high voltage long transmission lines for analyzing the entire circuit behavior and various parameters of the line under actual working conditions.
- Steady State and Fault Analysis in HVDC Transmission Network: The main aim of this project is to assess the performance of a hybrid multilevel voltage source converter based HVDC transmission system under steady state and fault condition.
- Sensorless Speed Control of Induction Motor Using MRAS : This project estimates the speed of an induction motor by proposing a Model Reference Adaptive System (MRAS) by modeling in MATLAB simulink software.
- Real-time Control of a Mobile Robot Using MATLAB: This project implements a real time mobile robot which is controlled through MATLAB. This includes the communication design between PC target and mobile robot as well as design of control system based on state space control.
- Reactive Power Compensation in Railways Using Active Impedance Concepts: This project aims to compensate the reactive power in traction system using active filters based compensation system implemented on inverters with PI controllers. This simulation is carried with the use of MATLAB software.
- Design of Programmable AC-DC Converter Using Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) : This project presents the design and simulation of programmable DC-DC converter scheme using PWM technique in MATLAB in order to realize three phase PWM DC to DC converter.
- Power Upgradation and Possibility of Small Power Tapping from Composite AC-DC Transmission System: This project proposes a composite AC-DC transmission system which carries AC power along with DC superimposed on it. In addition to this, this project deals with small tapping from this line to supply power for small communities.
- Vision Based Moving Object Detection and Tracking: The objective of this project is to implement image difference algorithm using MATLAB software in order to detect and track the moving objects. By using this we can calculate velocity, distance and frame per time, etc.
- Modeling and Dynamic Analysis of Three Phase Induction Motor: The main aim of this project is to demonstrate the mathematical model of three phase induction motor using MATLAB in order to study the torque, speed and stator & rotor currents characteristics.
- Design and Simulation of Fuzzy Controlled SVC for Transmission Line: This project proposes a fuzzy control based Static VAR Compensator scheme with firing angle control capability for the controlling reactive power in transmission lines. Actual testing of this project is carried with MATLAB simulation.