LabVIEW stands for Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench, which is a software development environment for creating custom applications that are able to monitor and control the real-time data in engineering and science field applications.
As the name indicates Virtual Instrument, LabVIEW has the characteristics of an instrument which can perform measurements, analyzing data and presenting results to the user. That is the reason why LabVIEW is extensively used in various industries and a wide variety of applications.
LabVIEW offers a great flexibility to create an application or control strategy using powerful graphical language (which also called as G-language) as compared with traditional text-based programming languages like C, C++ and Java. It consists of two main elements, namely, front panel and block diagram.
The front panel facilitates a user interface where we can place controls and indicators. The block diagram is coding part area where we can write the code for an application using structures and functions.
In addition to LabVIEW software, a dedicated and reconfigurable data acquisition (DAQ) hardware can perform many complex real-time tests, measurement and control tasks.
Nowadays, this LabVIEW based dedicated hardware units are popularly used in different industries due to their precise control and rugged design. These are also capable of communicating through protocols like RS232, RS485, TCP/IP, etc.
Here we have listed some of the popular projects based on LabVIEW . All these projects are related to real-time applications which are already implemented by others.
List of LabVIEW Projects Ideas
- LabVIEW Based Temperature Measurement and Control System: The objective of this project is to design a LabVIEW program with data acquisition and control circuitry to measure temperature from temperature sensor and thereby to control the heating element.
- Non Contact Water level controller using Arduino and LabVIEW: This project implements a non contact water level measurement and control using Arduino, ultrasonic sensor and LabVIEW. When the water level goes low, pump is turned ON while the water level goes high, the pump will be turned OFF.
- DC Motor Speed Control Using LabVIEW: This project is intended to build a simple controller to control the speed of DC motor as well as its direction using MOSFET H-bridge, AVR microcontroller and LabVIEW.
- Optimized Operation of Induction Generator for Small-scale Wind Power: The main aim of this project is to control the power generated by the induction generator by varying its slip (with use of DC motor drive). This whole circuit is interfaced with LabVIEW software for achieving computerized control.
- Forest Fire Detection Using Optimized Solar-Power Zigbee Network: This project is intended to prevent the forest fires by remotely acquiring various parameters like temperature, rain and pressure through Zigbee module which is powered with solar energy. In addition this project also includes the maximum power point tracking algorithm.
- Optical Character Recognition Based Speech Synthesis System Using LabVIEW: In this project, an optical character recognition (OCR) based speech synthesis system is implemented for converting printed or written character documents into speech signals using LabVIEW software.
- Screening of Foot Ulceration in Diabetic Patients Using Flexi Force Sensor Platform: This project aims to prevent the foot ulcer in diabetic patients by effectively diagnosing the pressure on the foot using forces sensing resistor. LabVIEW graphical programming language is used to implement this project to compare abnormal and normal foot pressure values.
- Real Time Data Monitoring of PV Solar Cell Using LabVIEW and DAQ: The main objective of this project is to design a real time monitoring system for solar or photovoltaic cells mounted on rooftops using DAQ board and LabVIEW. This will help to determine the requirements of the load to be connected for solar system.
- AES-256 Encryption for Secured Communication: This project implements Rajndael algorithm AES 256 which is a cryptographic algorithm used for security services. This encryption for wireless sensor networks provides the authentication and secure key for every node.
- LabVIEW Based Human Power Generator & Fitness Analyzer: The main aim of this project is to generate the power from spin bike and also to measure the fitness level of a person. This project uses LabVIEW to monitor the various parameters like calories burned, heart rate, VO2 max level, battery status, power generated, speed, etc.
- Text File Encryption Using FFT Technique in LabVIEW: This project is designed to provide high security encryption for the transmission of text file based on FFT algorithm implemented in LabVIEW software.
- High Precision Stepper Motor Controller Implementation on FPGA with GUI on LabVIEW: The main aim of this project is to implement a technique for precise control of stepper motor through Bluetooth wireless network by implementing PWM technique in FPGA controller. In this, the control parameters are implemented on LabVIEW platform.
- Implementation of Home Automation System Using LabVIEW: This project deals with the design of control and monitor system for homes using LabVIEW software. This also achieves the remote control operation via internet so that user can control his/her home from anywhere in the world.
- Multi-Level Security for AutomotiveÂ–RFID Based Technology with LabVIEW Implementation: This project aims to develop a secure automotive vehicle by preventing unauthorized persons to access it. RFID system with main controller implements the hardware part while LabVIEW software is used for designing the GUI part.
- Direct Torque Control Of BLDC Motor Using Fuzzy Logic In LabVIEW: This project simulates the sensorless direct torque control of brushless DC motors for attaining much faster response of torque compared with PWM control technique. This scheme is implemented on fuggy logic controller which is virtually created in LabVIEW.
- LabVIEW and Web-Server Based Human Body Monitoring System: This project is intended to monitor the human body parameters like heartbeat rate, temperature and SPO2 using LabVIEW. The data acquisition is performed through Arduino controller whereas LabVIEW enables GUI as well as web server based monitoring operations.
- Real-Time Water Quality Monitoring and Control System: In this project, online real-time monitoring and control system for water quality system is implemented by measuring water parameters like pH, temperature, chlorine level, turbidity, etc. This project uses compact RIO module along with LabVIEW software.
- Design of Virtual Instrumentation System for Disabled using LabVIEW : The objective of this project is to develop a virtual instrument for hand gesture recognition as well as to acquire and process electrooculogram signal for detecting eye movements. With these two inputs, this LabVIEW project displays corresponding message or gives a voice message so that it aid for the communication of deaf and dumb people.
- Control of an Omnidirectional Walking Simulator: The idea this project is to build an omnidirectional simulator which replicates the real world terrains such that it allow one to walk on the plane in any direction using DAQ and LabVIEW software.
- Hazardous Gas Monitoring Using VI Server: This project is proposed to build a LPG gas monitoring system which continuously monitors the gas leaks. These sensors are placed at different locations which communicates the main PC (in which LabVIEW controller is installed) via USB-hub.
- Monitoring and Control of Relative Humidity in Soil Using LabVIEW: This project implements an automatic irrigation water control system which works based on the signal of soil moisture sensing circuit. This monitoring system uses peripheral control interface and PC with LabVIEW software.
- Low-Cost Instrument for Tracing Current-Voltage Characteristics of Photovoltaic Modules: This project is intended to design a low cost instrument to trace the current- voltage characteristics of PV modules using low cost DAQ module and LabVIEW application. This design is helpful for analyzing field conditions of PV and also for the identification of degradation and malfunction.
- Industrial Pollution Monitoring System Using LabVIEW and GSM: The main aim of this project is to design a pollution check system especially for industries like paper making, chemical, sugar manufacturing, etc. This design continuously monitors the parameters like CO gas, pH level, etc using LabVIEW and further this data is transmitted to the authorized people via GSM.
- Robot Aided Remote Medical Assistance System using LabVIEW: The main aim of this project is to implement a remote medical assistance to patients from doctors by implementing a robot which can do medical tests like pulse rate, ECG, etc. Further this data is transferred to the LabVIEW application at doctor side via internet.
- 3-Phase AC Motor Monitoring and Parameter Calculation Using LabVIEW and DAQ: This project implements a real-time monitoring and control system for 3 phase induction motor using LabVIEW and DAQ. The voltage and current values are continuously monitored by this project and also protect the motor if they exceed safer limits.
- Automobile Security and Safety System Using LabVIEW: In this project, an anti-collision safety is provided by dipping the head lights of the vehicle when unwanted vehicle comes close to the other vehicle. In addition with LabVIEW software and DAQ, it uses ultrasonic sensor, LDR and camera (for face recognition security).
- Driving License Test Automation Using LabVIEW : This project automates the present driving license testing system without human observer by evaluating speed sensing, tracking path and other driving skill. Further, wirelessly it transfers the data to PC, process the data and produce the output whether driving test passed or failed.
- A LabVIEW Based Power Analyzer: In this project, a computer based power analyzer VI is designed to measure the real time power quality parameters like active and reactive power, instantaneous power, harmonics and power factor using DAQ board and LabVIEW.
- Smart Surveillance Using Mobile Robot Using LabVIEW: This project deals with the implementation of mobile robot with camera mounted on it for surveillance purpose. This design is controlled through LabVIEW based GUI upon Zigbee wireless data transmission.
- Automated Visual Inspection/Detection of Railroad Track: The objective of this project is to develop a system that can detect the cracks on railway tracks and also does the visual inspection of track geometry with notification of location of crack on the track to the inspector.
- Ambulance Controlled Traffic System Using RFID Technology with LabVIEW Simulation: This project is designed to control of traffic during the arrival of ambulance using RFID technology. Based on the RFID tags, signals in the ambulance path are automatically controlled till it reaches the destination. This entire operation is simulated on LabVIEW software before practical implementation.
- Smart Mobility Wheelchair using LabVIEW: This project aims to design a smart mobility system for physically challenged persons by controlling the wheelchair based on eye movements. In addition, this project consists of automatic navigation, line following and computer interfacing capabilities.
- Multi Level Car Parking By LabVIEW: The main aim of this project is to develop an automatic car parking system by automatically allotting parking slot depending in the size of the car. IR sensors give information about the size of vehicle to the LabVIEW and according to the code, it assigns the parking slot.
- Automate Machine for Rescue Operation for Child Using LabVIEW: The objective of this project is to rescue the trapped child into bore well by designing a system which can capable of monitoring the child with high resolution camera, supplying necessary surviving methods like oxygen, temperature, etc and to bring back systematically and safely from bore well.
- Automatic Light Control System using LabVIEW and Arduino: It is simplest form of controlling set of LED lights by sensing light intensity with LDR connected to Arduino. LabVIEW programs the set limits of the light intensity and thereby sends the control signals to LEDs.
- Development of Wireless EMG & Voice Control System: This project aims to develop an Electromyography (EMG) and voice based control system which detects the voice as well as EMG signals. Based on the detecting signals, LabVIEW sends the control commands to the output devices for their control like robot movements using wireless Zigbee module.
- Enhanced Accident Prevention System in Underground Collieries Using LabVIEW: This project continuously monitors the concentration of methane gas in underground coal mines using CNG sensor connected to Arduino board which is interfaced with LabVIEW. When this design detects the threshold level of gas, it automatically switches the driver circuit to turn the blower.
- Autonomous Fruit Picking Robot System in Greenhouses Using LabVIEW: The objective of this project is to develop an autonomous fruit picking robot which can be implemented by image processing and robot arm control system in LabVIEW. Depends on the image captured, this system controls the robot arm grip to pick the fruit.
- Pediatric Gait Trainer using LabVIEW VI and Arduino : This project implements a prototype of pediatric gait trainer based on LabVIEW and Arduino platforms. LabVIEW creates PWM patterns for leg-pulling sequences and accordingly controls the speed of DC motor.
- Simple Fire Detection Alarming System using LabVIEW and Arduino: This project aims to build a simple alarming circuit that can give alarm when it detects the fire. This design is implemented by using fire detection based Arduino board and LabVIEW software.
- Mind Controlled Robots using EEG Using LabVIEW: The objective of this project is to build a mind controller to control the movements of a robotic vehicle through brainwave output. Arduino with RF module in the robot receives the processed information of brain signals to control the movements of robot.
- Implementation of Fuzzy and PID Controller to Water Level System using LabVIEW: The main idea of this project is to demonstrate the performance of fuzzy and PID controllers for a water level control system and to compare their faster performance and stability using LabVIEW software.
- LabVIEW Controlled Climbing Robot with Vacuum Attachment Cups: This project is intended to design an autonomous climbing robot which can climb on both vertical and horizontal surfaces using vacuum cups attachment system. This robot control commands are ensured by LabVIEW software.
- Zigbee Based Energy Monitoring System with E-Billing through GSM Network: This project aims to design efficient Automatic Meter Reading System (AMR) by interfacing electronic energy meter with Zigbee module. At the receiver end, Zigbee receiver with LabVIEW based PC process the data and measures the number of units generated. Further it sends the billing information SMS to consumer via GSM module.
- The Wearable Electronic Rescue System Using LabVIEW & Arduino: This project implements a rescue system for elder people especially when they are alone at homes to check their abnormal conditions of heart and sudden accidental fall. This design is developed using ECG and accelerometer sensor based Arduino board, GSM modem and LabVIEW software.
- Simulation of Inverter Fed Induction Motor Drive with LabVIEW: The main idea of this project is to present a mathematical model of inverter fed induction motor and simulate it using LabVIEW software so that its dynamic characteristics are observed.
- Automatic Fault Locating and Monitoring in Distribution Lines Using LabVIEW: Using this project, fault location monitor and control system is implemented which can able to locate the exact location of fault occurred in distribution lines and then transmits the data to remote substation via Zigbee module.
- Fingerprint Based Attendance System Using Microcontroller and LabVIEW: This project is designed to produce a portable finger print based attendance system which uses high encryption technique to collect the attendance and stores the recorded data in the data base. This design is implemented using LabVIEW and data acquisition circuitry.
- LabVIEW Based Automatic Identification and Database Management System Using RFID: This project aims to design automatic identification and database management which can be used for inventory systems by automatically identifying the products using RFID and maintaining their record using LabVIEW software.
- Controller Design for Quadcopter Using LabVIEW With Image Processing Techniques: This project aims to develop an autonomous quadcopter which is four rotor vertical takeoff and landing vehicle. This design is controlled with LabVIEW based image processing technique for precise and stable control.
- Vibration Monitoring Using MEMS Digital Accelerometer with ATmega and LabVIEW: This project is designed to monitor the vibration signals with greater accuracy especially to aid with space applications. In this, MEMS accelerometer with ATmega controller is interfaced with LabVIEW to extract, monitor and display the data.
- Real Time Implementation of PID and Fuzzy PD Controllers for DC Servo Motor: This project presents Ziegler-Nichols rule based PID and fuzzy based PD controllers for controlling the DC servo motor position using LabVIEW software and DAQ board. A performance evaluation of these both controllers is also carried in this project after getting the test results.