ARM is a RISC architecture based micro processors that is developed by ARM holdings , British company.ARM controller is of low cost and is faster than other controllers.As it is made of RISC architecture it requires less number of transistors compared to processors with CISC architecture.Because of this they are widely used in consumer electronics like smart phones,tablets and other embedded devices. ARM Company sells the processor core which is then licensed by the others and they add peripherals converting them into microcontrollers.
- Drunken People Identification with Auto Ignition Disable Function Using ARM7: The main objective of this project is to reduce the accidents caused by drunken people by detecting alcohol consumption of a person. This system uses ARM 7 processor, which automatically disables ignition system once it gets the sensing information.
- Speed Control and Direction Control of Dc Motor Using Arm7: This system uses ARM 7 processor to control the speed as well as the direction of the DC motor by implementing PWM technique. The processor maintains the desired speed level by varying the width of the signal to DC motor.
- Design and Development Web Server Based on ARM Processor: This project is implemented to develop an embedded web server to provide services to any requesting clients using ARM 9 processor and a real time processor.
- Real Time Vehicle Theft Identity and Control System Based on ARM 9: This vehicle anti-theft control system overcomes the disadvantages of earlier car alarm systems using pressure, door, shock and tilt sensors by implementing face recognition of authorized access using ARM 9 processor.
- Digital PID Controller for DC Motor Drive System for Mobile Robot: This design reduces the manpower and production cost in an agriculture system by implementing precise motor drive system for controlling mobile robots. An ARM 9 based controller implements the digital PID controller for the drive system.
- ARM Based Wireless Electric Board: Traditional way of teaching using blackboard with chalk replaced by this design which offers book size touch screen with electrical pen. The hand writing signal converted will be converted into electrical signals, transferred to PC and finally projected on a large screen. This system uses ARM 9 board and real time operating system for handheld device.
- Wireless Network Based Mines Safety System Using ARM9: The main objective of this project is to increase the safety of the workers who work in the underground by continuously monitoring the environmental conditions such as temperature, humidity, gas and other environmental conditions. This design uses ARM 9 processor and Zigbee sensor module as primary components.
- Biometric System Based Electronic Voting Machine Using Arm9 Microcontroller: This system develops an ARM 9 microcontroller based finger print electronic voting machine which acquires, process and stores the voting data. This design is simple, easy to adaptable and cost-effective.
- ARM Cortex Based Automatic Number Plate Recognition System: This type of system is used to identify, track and monitor moving vehicles by extracting their number plates automatically using an ARM cortex controller. Due to the low cost, low power and increased portability, it can be used for commercial applications.
- ARM Cortex M3 Based Collision Detection System: This collision system is intended to perform the detection of the accident and to release of air bag in the time of accident by using ADXL sensor, GSM and GPS modules duly interfacing with ARM processor.
- Smart Security Surveillance System Using ARM Cortex M0 and Labview: A smart security surveillance system monitors and record human detection by overcoming the shortcomings of present IP (Internet Protocol) cameras by using the ARM Cortex M0 Processor including interface with Labview.
- Temperature controlling system for LED lighting based on ARM Cortex-M0 processor: This system automatically adjusts the glow color of the LEDs by sensing the ambient temperature acquired by temperature sensor using ARM Cortex processor.
- ARM Based Ear Recognition Embedded System: The proposed system uses an ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller to implement an ear recognition system using Principle Component Analysis (PCA) which is the easiest way for pattern recognition.
- ARM Cortex Based Automatic Power Factor Monitoring and Control System: The main aim of the project is to develop automatic power factor monitoring and control by using ARM cortex microcontroller in addition to relay driver and zero crossing detection circuit.
- Design and Implementation of Weather Monitoring and Controlling System: In industries, it is important to monitor the weather continuously especially in hazardous places. This proposed project senses the temperature, humidity and Gas by sensors and thereby ARM Cortex controls the final control elements like fans, water sprinklers, etc.
- ARM Based Smart Power Saving System for Home Automation: This project is implemented to build smart automated control system using an ARM processor in order to prevent the wastage of power in homes and offices by detecting motion of persons, number of persons, day light availability, temperature, etc.
- Smart Home Design Based on Zigbee Wireless Sensor Network and ARM Controller: The project aims to develop a real time monitor and automatic control of home appliances to establish greenhouse automation by sensing different parameters like humidity, temperature, soil moisture and light intensity. This ARM controller based project also helps to communicate with server using TEAM VIEWER software.
Robotics Using ARM
- GSM Controlled Robotics Using PIR: The project presented here shows the GSM controlled robot. It can detect the human by using a PIR sensor attached to it. The robot is controlled using GSM technology. This can be used in military applications for searching the terrorists.
- Design of inspection and cleaning robot: Inspection and cleaning processes in electrical power plants are tedious and time consuming tasks. For this purpose a cleaning robot was developed. This robot is guided wirelessly.
- Autonomous Mobile Platform for Intelligent Control of Robot: Here an autonomous robot for security purpose is proposed here. This robot can monitor the presence of unauthorized people in the secured zone. This can also detect the presence of explosives in the areas where human cannot go. A camera is attached to the robot, so that it can provide the continuous monitoring of the surrounding area.
- Mobile Robot using ARM Processor for Line Following Application: The scope of this project is to implement a line following mobile robot with IR sensing capability using an ARM based processor. Based on the IR sensing, ARM controls the DC motor speed with use of PWM technique
- Mine Detection Robot Using ARM Microcontroller and GPS Technology: This project helps the armed or military forces to detect the mines laid by the enemies before they could enter into a particular area. GPS navigates the robot and RF technology enables the reception of the detection signals. The whole circuit is controlled by an ARM microcontroller.
- Implementation of Accelerometer based Robot motion and Speed control with Obstacle detection: This project is implemented to design a spy robot with wireless camera attached to it using ARM controller. The proposed design remotely controls the robot motion by Zigbee module.
- Automation in agriculture field using arm 7 based robot : A smart robot that is used in agriculture is designed here. This robot waters the plants automatically. Amount of water given depends on soil moisture. A moisture sensor is used to measure the moisture in the soil. Working algorithm is explained here.
- Object Sorting Robot Using Image Processing: A color based object sorting robot is designed in this paper using ARM processor. Object sorting is mostly used in industries. Here color of the object is identified using image processing. A camera placed on the robot captures the image of the robot and processes it
- Smart parking using wireless sensor networks: This paper shows a smart parking system. This system can reduce the time required for searching the free parking place. This improves the quality of life in smart cities, and also reduces pollution due to vehicular traffic.
- Teaching human gestures to humanoid robots by using Kinect sensor: This study shows a new algorithm that recognizes human actions and reproduce them on humanoid robot. The human actions were realized and three dimensional skeleton positions were obtained from kinect. These are transformed to humanoid robot.
- Staff Attendance using ARM Microcontroller: This paper proposes an attendance management system. This system is based on TCP/IP protocol and RFID technology.
- Encryption by using AES Algorithm: This paper implements the encryption algorithm on ARM7 to provide security to the data in military. The main aim of this project is to provide security to the storage devices.
- Arm Based Embedded Intelligent Public Transport Vehicle Position System: This project finds the exact location of the vehicle and thereby alerts the user via SMS by using ARM 7 as the main processor while GPS & GSM modules serves to find and alert the vehicle position.
- Electronic Toll Collection System Using Radio Frequency Technology Based on ARM: This project is designed to replace the traditional manual toll collection on highways by using RFID technology, ARM processor and GSM module as key elements. It informs the cash debited information to the vehicle owner and also stolen vehicle information to the authorized people.
- ARM Based Embedded System for Industrial Application Using TCP/IP Network: The data acquisition, control system and automation increase the processing capability of the industry. Therefore, proposed system uses ARM 7 processor with a real time operating system to achieve it.
- Real Time Personnel Monitoring System Using Wi-Fi Technology Based on ARM: The proposed design enables an officer to monitor the personnel in the organization which is far from him geometrically in a web page. This design uses embedded ARM processor and Wi-Fi module as hardware requirements
- Theft Control, Accident Detection and Vehicle Positioning System Using Arm 7: This system makes use of ARM 7 controller, GPS and GSM modules to control the theft of vehicles and to implement accident alarm system before it takes place. Also sends intimation to the owner and nearby agencies of hospital and police station about vehicle position.
- Remote Monitoring & Control of Industrial parameters using ARM Controller: The main aim of this project is to maximize the production and process plant availability by implementing online remote monitoring and control of process variables in an industry using ARM processor via web server.
- ARM Based Wireless Sensor Networks for Temperature Measurement: This ARM based project implements the intelligent temperature measurement by establishing wireless sensor networks to acquire temperature from multi points. The acquired information at central location is further stored and processed.
- Wireless Automatic Meter Reading & Control System Using ARM Processor: This system helps to read the power consumption remotely and enables the utility server to process the data. This ARM based project also allows the utility company to disconnect the power to consumers in the event in which consumer fails to pay the bill.
- ARM Based Solar Tracking System: This project implements the sun tracking system to produce the electric energy from the solar energy acquired by from solar collector which tracks the sun trajectory.
- An Energy Efficient LED Lighting System for Domestic Applications: This project uses PWM technique to regulate the indoor lighting intensity by detecting the motion of a person by PIR sensor so that electricity is saved. This design uses ARM 7 processor to implement PWM technique.
- A Generic PID Controller Based on ARM Processor: This project develops a dedicated PID controller using ARM processor, which processes the acquired process variables and successively produces the PWM control signals. It also offers to operate in either manual or automatic modes.
- Involuntary Railway Gate Control System using ARM controller: This project uses ARM 7 controller, two IR sensors sections, Motor driver, DC motor and alarm circuit to implement the automatic railway gate control before the train passing by the way.
- Voice Operated Outdoor Navigation System For Visually Impaired Persons: This project is intended to ensure the navigation system for vision impaired persons without aid of guides. The design makes use of ARM processor as the core part and GPS module for the navigation. In addition, it also provides the ultrasonic obstacle detection.
- ARM Based Implementation of Text-to-Speech (TTS) for Real Time Embedded System: This system is developed to design an embedded text – to – speech system using ARM processor for the aid of blind (reading aid), vocally handicapped (talking aid) and for other commercial applications.
- Automation in Rationing System Using Arm 7: This integrated rationing system replaces the conventional ration card system by smart card for public distribution systems. This design includes RFID based smart card reader and ARM processor duly interfacing with GSM module.
- Auto Turn OFF for Water Pump with Four Different Time Slots Using ARM 7: By using this project, a water pump can be switched for four different fixed time slots wherein after each time slot the motor automatically switched OFF. Four input switches are interfaced to ARM 7 processor to select these timings.
- Touch Screen Based Wheelchair System: The main aim of this project is to control the wheelchair of physically disabled persons by commands entered though the touch screen which is interfaced with ARM controller.
- Automated Fare Collection System for Public Transport Based on ARM Processor: This proposed system replaces the conventional paper ticket collection system with a smart card which is of rechargeable. Once it is swiped, it asks for destination point via keypad and automatically deducts the amount. Finally gives alarm when destination is reached. In addition to the ARM 7 controller, it uses GPS module.
- A Tele-Medicine System for Measuring Heart Rate, Blood pressure, And Drug Level Detection: This project uses ARM 7 board to process the data obtained from sensors like drug level sensor, BP sensor and heartbeat sensor. Further, this data is sent via GSM module to patient mobile and also displayed on LCD.
- Real-Time Multi-Patient Monitoring System Using Arm And Wireless Sensor Network: This paper presents multi patient monitoring system. Health conditions such as heart beat, body temperature etc were monitored using sensors and the data is sent to arm server. The data is transferred to the server through through wireless zigbee network. If these values cross the threshold a buzzer starts ringing and an sms is sent to the doctor through GSM.
- ARM Based Electronic Notice Board with Room Lights Control: Notice boards plays a key role in academics for displaying the information. This project shows a wireless electronic notice board using ARM along with room light control system. This information from the HR is sent to the notice board through zigbee. A PIR sensor is used for controlling the room lights if no one is present in the room.
- Design and Development of ARM based Real-Time Industry Automation System using GSM: The industrial automation system proposed here collects the information from the sensors. Then send this information to the end user using GSM technology. It automatically controls the production whenever necessary using relays and actuators.
- Secured Wireless Communication between Remote Army Stations: This paper presents secure wireless communication between the army stations. This paper discusses Poly alphabetic cipher algorithm, a strongest cryptography technique for secure data transmission.
- Pre-paid Remote Energy Meter monitoring and Overvoltage Protection through Electricity using GSM Network: This paper presents a prepaid energy meter billing like the prepaid phone bill. In this the energy meter is recharged before power consumption. For this purpose it uses GSM technology.GSM updates the consumed units and available updates at the user.
- Industrial Temperature Monitoring and Control System Through Ethernet LAN: An industrial temperature monitoring and controlling system is proposed here. Data from temperature sensor is sent to the controller, which processes the data and sends it to the Labview. The data is then displayed on the PC monitor and also on the LCD.
- ARM Based Gas Monitoring System: This system monitors and detects the leakage of LPG using gas sensor. This system is placed near the cylinder, when ever LPG leaks and its level crosses the threshold, a buzzer starts ringing and an SMS is sent to the respective person using GSM.
- Low-Power Wireless liquid monitoring system using ultrasonic sensors: Here this paper presents a low power liquid level monitoring system .This uses ultrasonic sensors fro monitoring the liquid level in the tank.
- Sun tracking control strategy for improved reliability and performance: This paper focuses on improving the reliability and performance of a sun tracking system. Thus to achieve this optimizing of LM3S811 controller board is studied.
- Information Fusion Performance Monitoring System with Zigbee Communication: An ARM embedded technology and information fusion based electrical equipment monitoring system was developed in this project.
- Weighing System of Fruit Sorting and Transportation Gyro Car Based On ARM: The gyro robo car designed here can sort the color of the fruits, can weigh them and can avoid obstacles. This is very useful in economic forests. It is provided with robotic arm and RGB sensor for color sorting. If there is overweight this system starts ringing the buzzer.
- Embedded web server based industrial automation for boiler system: Here boiler plant parameters were monitored in embedded web server using ARM processor. Embedded web servers are of low cost, low power consumption and size is also less compared to PC web servers.
- Implementation of Web Based Intelligent Substation Power Equipment Monitoring and Controlling System: This paper describes a system that monitors the voltage, current and temperature of a sub station on the web. It also provides protection when these values are greater than thresh hold. Protection is provided by shutting down the complete unit.
- ARM Microcontroller Implementation of Des Using Concept with Time-Variable Key: In this paper we describe ARM Microcontroller implementations of the Data Encryption Standard (DES) algorithm, with time-variable key technique to increase its immunity to Cryptanalysis attack. This proposed scheme changes the key with time. Using time-variable key technique enhances the security of DES because the same plain text is ciphered to different cipher texts by time.
Also check other Project ideas pages